Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: Illegal Immigrant Wins Thousands In Settlement After Dep

Illegal Immigrant Wins Thousands In Settlement After Deportation Accident

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 08:28 PM PST

An illegal immigrant gets in an accident on the way to being deported and wins a cash settlement. The Mexican Consulate helped Antonio Sandoval reach a settlement with the bus company transporting him to be deported.

Antonio Sandoval was on his way to being deported on March 3, 2007, when the driver of the bus he was riding in with 6 other illegal immigrants rolled over. The injuries he sustained led him to contact the Mexican Consulate for help with paying his medical bills.

Miguel Escobar, the Mexican Counsel says, "He's going to get in the neighborhood of $80,000 and the rest goes to medical attention."

Antonio Sandoval was working in Yuma illegally, doing farming and construction. After Border Patrol found him here, he was deported. While riding in a Wakenhut bus to get processed, Sandoval's attorney says the driver lost control. Sandoval sustained multiple injuries

"Left arm fractured in several places. He's got some spinal cord lesions and to my knowledge something happened to his abdominal."

Once back in Mexico, he contacted the Mexican Consulate who helped him reach a settlement with Wakenhut bus company. The settlement was for $200,000, but $120,000 of that is for medical expenses.

The founder of Yuma Patriots is outraged and says illegal immigrants shouldn't benefit from being here illegally.

Flash Sharrar says, "Where in your whole life have you ever been rewarded for doing something illegally?"

Flash Sharrar says it's all about money and doesn't think Sandoval should get an extra $80,000 in his bank account.

"It's not like whoever was driving the vehicle did it on purpose. I understand he got hurt. Sure we should have helped him with his medical but he was here illegally. He was working illegally."

Sandoval's attorney says the law doesn't make a distinction between being here legally or illegally. Whoever has custody of you has a duty to keep you safe.

The Mexican Consul tells us Sandoval received the $80,000 because his injuries make him unable to work at the moment. He plans on using the money to fix his house and take his two kids to school

www.kswt.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Oh Lord, the illegals are costing us coming and going.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Proud to be an AMERICAN

Proud to be an AMERICAN

Proud to be an AMERICAN

now they just ned to charge Antonio 80,000.00 US dollars for crossing the border ILLEGALLy and taking a US job ILLEGALLY!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Immigrant gets $200,000 settlement
    Comments 37 | Recommend 0
    February 6, 2009 - 6:09 PM
    BY CESAR NEYOY, BAJO EL SOL
    SAN LUIS RIO COLORADO, Son. - An illegal immigrant injured in an automobile accident after his arrest by the Border Patrol has received a $200,000 settlement.

Jose Sandoval reached the settlement with Corrections Corporation of America, which had subcontracted with the Wackenhut security firm to transport previously detained aliens for the Department of Homeland Security, according to Yuma attorney Candy Camarena, who along with attorney Virginia Zazueta represented Sandoval.

Sandoval, who had been arrested in the Yuma area in March, was being transported in a van with five other people to Florence, Ariz., when a flat tire caused the driver to lose control, according to Camarena and Miguel Escobar, Mexican consul in Yuma. The van rolled over along Interstate 8 in Pinal County.

Sandoval was hospitalized with injuries to the arm and spinal column.

"He was deported to Mexico through Nogales, in precarious health condition," Escobar said. "He was walking with a cane, and he contacted the Mexican Consulate to get help. The consulate took care of him and took him to San Luis Rio Colorado for medical care and we contacted the attorney."

Sandoval, a resident of Baja California, got the additional medical attention but "the arm was broken in seven places," he said.

"I have metal pins here and there," Sandoval said Friday at a news conference in San Luis Rio Colorado. "The spinal column splintered in two parts, I suffer a lot of pain. All the time there is that pain in the back."

A carpenter by training, he had gone to the United States to work in construction, he said Friday at a news conference, but will no longer be able to do that kind of work.

"I've tried to lift heavy things, but it hurts. I can't do it."

The legal case was nearly seven months in preparation, Camarena said.

"The biggest problems that we had in this lawsuit was that federal court demands that the plaintiff in a suit be present. Mr. Sandoval can't enter the United States, but we reached an agreement to resolve the case."

Sandoval received $80,000, with the rest of settlement going for his medical and legal bills.

Camarena also is representing Juan Cruz Torralva, an undocumented immigrant suing the federal government in connection with a 2005 accident in which a Border Patrol vehicle accidentally struck him and his daughter near Dateland.

The two allegedly were hiding behind a bush to avoid the patrol when the vehicle ran through the bush. Cruz Torralva was injured and his daughter killed in the accident.http://www.yumasun.com/news/gets_47703_ ... ement.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am sure the word is out on this ans it has just turned into a huge scam...another way to re-distribute wealth!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)