Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

AZ-Imm raids often start with tips from disgruntled employee

Thursday, September 3, 2009, 6:00am MST | Modified: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 6:01am

Immigration raids often start with tips from disgruntled employees
    by Mike Sunnucks

Comments (9)

It often starts with a disgruntled current or former employee calling a Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office tip line or a worker who has gotten into legal trouble sharing information on an employer.

The result can be dozens of armed MCSO deputies raiding a business, shutting it down for hours and arresting suspected undocumented workers.

A 2007 state law, designed to suspend or the revoke business licenses of employers who knowingly hire undocumented workers, has led to many employee arrests, but few bosses or businesses have been charged.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has raided 22 Phoenix-area businesses suspected of hiring illegal immigrants since 2008. Those resulted in 310 arrests on immigration, fake identification and identify theft charges.

The raids are welcomed by those who back Arpaio’s get-tough approach to illegal immigration, but others question how the sheriff’s tactics and targeting people whose only crime is illegally entering the U.S. for work.

Arpaio says the raids are conducted under the 2007 Legal Arizona Workers Act and a federal 287(g) agreement, which allows the MCSO to arrest illegal immigrants.

Arpaio said it is tough to prove businesses knowingly hire illegal immigrants who show fake IDs, but will arrest suspected workers during the raids. “It’s hard to hook the employer,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is a good thing for those on our side to take note of. In that case we should advertise in order to encourage more of them to come forward.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]Some business owners privately acknowledge they tell workers they know or suspect of being undocumented to leave the premises if they see MCSO deputies. Informal communications “treesâ€

but others question how the sheriff’s tactics and targeting people whose only crime is illegally entering the U.S. for work.
    Illegally entering is crime one, working without permission is another crime, buying fraudulent documents is crime three, and not paying income taxes because they are paid under the table is crime four, while driving to that job without a license and insurance is crime five. Need I go on?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Vortex, you made excellent points however, like I've been maintaining for years, especially when it come to motor vehicle violations, they don't get charged with any of these crime, they just get deported. This is a decision made by local law enforcement and County Attorneys who don't want to be bothered with the crimes so they just dump the person on the Feds and say "DEPORT." I want them to pay for their crimes before they get deported.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

illegal raids often start w/tips.. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    "..excellent points however..

I've been maintaining for years, especially when it come to motor vehicle violations, they don't get charged with any of these crime, they just get deported.

This is a decision made by local law enforcement and County Attorneys who don't want to be bothered with the crimes so they just dump the person on the Feds and say "DEPORT."

I want them to pay for their crimes before they get deported..!!
    Agreed..!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I.C.E. www.ice.gov
    Report anonymously if you like, but REPORT!
    866.347.2423 24/7/365!
    More government agencies worth mentioning..!
    F.B.I. www.fbi.gov/homepage.htm
    Border Patrol www.cbp.gov
    D.E.A. www.usdoj.gov/dea/index.htm
    N.S.A. www.nsa.gov/home_html.cfm
    C.I.A. www.cia.gov
    I.R.S. www.irs.gov
    F.C.C. www.fcc.gov REPORT the Spanish Stations aiding & abetting, etc..!
    “..If YOU don’t act, NOTHING Happens..!â€
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

mapwife

agree ditto!!

I have to pay for their school, health, etc. I would not rather pay for their incarceration and deportation.

Deport illegal aliens and require all employers caught with illegal aliens to pay 10% of their gross income in taxes to the local governments general funding. This fine is to be non deductible on state or federal taxes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)