Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

impugning a person's character and patriotism based on a political disagreement certainly gives others cause to wonder
    Sounds to me like the pot is calling the kettle black.

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar
    Intelligent, civilized people realize that other intelligent, civilized people may hold political, social, and religious views different than their own, with no more reflection on their integrity than if the differences were in music, tie color, or preferring the mountains to the seashore. Until you learn it, perhaps you sould pretend.

BEN DOES NOT SOUND LIKE HE IS A DEMOCRAT !!!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by FedUpinFarmersBranch
    Intelligent, civilized people realize that other intelligent, civilized people may hold political, social, and religious views different than their own, with no more reflection on their integrity than if the differences were in music, tie color, or preferring the mountains to the seashore. Until you learn it, perhaps you sould pretend.

Great observation Fedup.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

WaterStationPrez said:

FedUpinFarmersBranch said:
    Actually, I'm not, but usually both sides of any debate have people who are uncivil and disrespectful. Anyone who is an activist for any cause knows that s/he will have people supporting the cause who are an embarrassment to it.

WaterStationPrez said:
    impugning a person's character and patriotism based on a political disagreement certainly gives others cause to wonder

Mayday said:
    Sounds to me like the pot is calling the kettle black.
    I have been respectful and polite throughout the discussion. I did comment that "USPatriot" sounded like an idiot when he resorted to calling me a traitor and stating that I did not care about people injured or killed by criminals. Even then, I stated that I had no way of knowing whether or not he generally was an idiot.

I do not question a person's loyalty to the United States because s/he holds a radically different view of this issue than I do. I repeat: Intelligent, civilized people realize that other intelligent, civilized people may hold political, social, and religious views different than their own, with no more reflection on their integrity than if the differences were in music, tie color, or preferring the mountains to the seashore.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am exhausted after a long day replenishing water stations and I'll be signing off.

I cannot help but wonder how many illegal trespassers may leave their home south of the border having been told the stories of the inviting Americanos that have indeed placed fresh water across the border in the desert, a true sign of invitation and end up dead not making it near the fabled watering holes?

When not taking a more direct approach, tendencies have a way of swinging like a pendulum,....both ways.

Will iced tea and Happy Meals be next? Bus service would be more humane. Too bad that would be illegal.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345