Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ. Shots fired at DPS officers working with Border Patrol

Arizona shooting: Shots fired at DPS officers in Pinal County

by Morgan Sailor - Sept. 16, 2011 08:47 AM
    The Arizona Republic-12 News Breaking News Team

Shots were fired at DPS officers as they were working with the U.S. Border Patrol on a human- and drug-smuggling operation in Vekol Valley early Friday morning.

"It was an ambush," said Officer Carrick Cook of the Department of Public Safety. "The officers were just merely walking back to the command post."

Officers fired back at the shooter, but no one was injured in the exchange that took place just before 6 a.m. near Stanfield off of Interstate 8. The shooter ran away, and DPS officers, Border Patrol agents and Pinal County Sheriff's deputies organized a foot search.

Authorities said that they found a person of interest while scouring the nearby desert. That person is now in custody as officials attempt to find out if he was involved. Authorities said they also recovered a handgun and drugs.

The officers were probably either getting ready to leave for the day or taking a break from the operation to get a drink, Cook said.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/pina ... z1Y8gEDNj8
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Officers fired back at the shooter, but no one was injured

Bummmer tough break!!!!

So much for ..."The border is safe"
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I live about 10 miles away from this area and I can tell you that this area is a high smuggling area. The TASK force for this area has made several high profile raids in Stanfield resulting in numerous stolen vehicles, illegal aliens, drugs, weapons, ect. being recovered. I can't tell you how many times I have seen SUV type vehicles coming from that area with the rear end sagging so low it is practically scraping the street and I wonder if it is loaded with drugs or illegals or both. I live in the city of maricopa which is about 10 miles from Stanfield and I-8 and they use highway 347 that runs between Stanfield and Phoenix that runs through my town. I avoid doing any ATVing with my Son in that area and instead go West on 238 to BLM land where it is somewhat safer but I never go unarmed. Sad you have to always carry a firearm with you just to feel safe in your own country against these smugglers.

A good local online paper to keep an eye on what happens in this area that will give you the truth is www.inmaricopa.com
    "Where is our democracy if the federal government can break the laws written and enacted by our congress on behalf of the people?"