Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bachmann: Deport all 11 million illegal immigrants, in steps

Bachmann: Deport all 11 million illegal immigrants, in steps

thehill.com
    By Josh Lederman
    11/28/11 10:23 AM ET

Intent on drawing a clear contrast between rival Newt Gingrich and herself, presidential candidate Michele Bachmann called for 11 million illegal immigrants to be deported from the United States in steps.

In the week since a GOP debate during which Gingrich supported legalizing some undocumented immigrants, Bachmann has pounded the former House Speaker, likening his position to "amnesty" and circulating a letter he co-authored in 2004 that supported a path for worker legalization.

Asked by radio host Laura Ingraham on Monday about an earlier statement she made differentiating between immigrants who had recently entered the country illegally from those with longstanding ties to the United States, Bachmann said she was never referring to legalization.

"What I'm talking about is the order of deportation, the sequence of deportation," Bachmann replied. "It is almost impossible to move 11 million illegal immigrants overnight. You do it in steps."

Bachmann said deporting those convicted of crimes would be the first step.

She also said that while she hadn't seen any polls detailing her level of support among Hispanic voters, she believes they are seeking the same answers from government as everyone else: a chance to pursue a prosperous life.

That doesn't include extending government benefits such as in-state tuition to illegal immigrants, Bachmann contended, this time pushing back on another of her competitors, Gov. Rick Perry, who has upheld that policy in Texas.

"When we give the welfare state, then people won't be able to come out of it. It's the biggest trap that people can have," she said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/19 ... s-in-steps
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sweet!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's not completely necessary to deport all 11 million (or more). The majority are here for the money. Cut off jobs, welfare and free medical.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

working4change

How about we simply start enforcing our immigration law and see what happens!
    How about we stop the freebies to these criminals and see what happens!
    How about we make it against the law for a city to declare itself a sanctuary city for these criminals to evade capture and see what happens!
    Stop providing education, healthcare and the smorgasbord of programs aimed at these criminals!
    Make E-Verify mandatory at the federal level and cut off federal funding to any state refusing to implement this program.
    Starting enforcing our labor laws, including sending those who employee illegal invaders to jail!

My guess is there will be no need to deport 12 million invaders. They will deport themselves!

And English only in public places..........

While I love her saying deportation, even in steps, I don't like her saying we will just focus on those who are convicted of crimes first.

What exactly is she saying? They are all guilty of a crime. That will say to too many illegals once they catch on, that they have not really committed a crime, which they have. Illegals need to learn that if they get caught, they WILL be deported asap, regardless of the degree of their crime(s).

If you truly want to deport those illegals guilty of committing a crime, well duh, that includes them all.

Granted, it will take time but as many other comments here say - just take away the lures and freebies, enforce the law, plus asap deportation will due the job in time.

IMO, those guilty of serious crime need to spend some time in Sheriff Joe style prison first and be subjected equally to the same penalties a citizen is when they commit serious crimes. That is very uneven right now. Just to deport this group right away is an invitation for them to come back and commit more crime. It's a laugh, and the laugh is on us.

Actually some detention for even minor crimes including the crime of entering this country illegally is good I think as there will be at least some deterrent to them turning right around and coming right back. Cost effective? I don't know, but it sure isn't cost effective to spend the money and manpower to deport them and have them think - "Hey, all they will do is just dump me back over the border, so I'm going back very soon, ha ha." We've all read those stories!

My add on: NO BIRTH-RIGHT CITIZENSHIP TO THOSE HERE ILLEGALLY!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    It's not completely necessary to deport all 11 million (or more). The majority are here for the money. Cut off jobs, welfare and free medical.
    This is what I say all the time. They will self deport without the jobs and freebies.

working4change
    Help Needed Here Please!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-256409.html