Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bachmann On Immigration: Deport All The Undocumented

Bachmann On Immigration: Deport All The Undocumented

huffingtonpost.com
    Sam Stein
    First Posted: 12/ 3/11 09:43 PM ET
    Updated: 12/ 3/11 09:49 PM ET

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) insisted on Saturday night that as president she would see to it that every undocumented immigrant in the country be deported.

Speaking at a Fox News forum hosted by Mike Huckabee, the Minnesota Republican was fairly broad in describing how she would round up and ship out of the country the 10 to 12 million people living here without documentation. But the implication was that she would empower government agents to do the deed.

"[I]t would be enforcement: Enforcement both at the border but also by the [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] agents. Right now the ICE agents -- those are the agents in the interior of the country who are tasked with enforcing the law -- they are not enforcing them and we also have sanctuary cities now where they don't enforce the laws on deportation. I think that what we simply need to do is to start enforcing the laws which we are not doing and begin the process of deportation," she said.

Prior to explaining how she would execute her deportation policy, Bachmann argued that undocumented citizens cost the country $113 billion every year. Asked by The Huffington Post where the congresswoman got her statistics, a Bachmann spokesperson pointed to a press release from the Federation for American Immigration Reform.

In coming out for 100 percent deportation, Bachmann is deliberately contrasting herself with Newt Gingrich, who argued that it would be impractical if not inhumane to rip families and communities apart. A recent Pew study showed that roughly two-thirds of all the undocumented immigrants in the United States have been in the country for 10 or more years.

"I agree, this is the thorniest and most difficult issue in dealing with illegal immigration," conceded Bachmann. "What about deportation? I believe we should uphold the laws of the land, which does include deportation. How do we pay for it? The American taxpayer."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/0 ... 27533.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    God bless and help Michele Bachmann. She scares the hell out of the left!
    As good as it gets on illegal immigration.. Bravo Michele Bachmann!

I'm curious if she has a realistic chance of winning. I know all of the major media's and other areas are trying to ignore her and make it look like she's not even in the race. Plenty trying to cover her up so people don't see she could actually do some good and I believe she's the best choice of those we have running, infact the only choice.

Michele is as tough as nails, and highlights the situation well, but I'm surprised she didn't mention the principles of Attrition Through Enforcement. I don't remember any of the other Presidential candidates bring up this principle either. This is probably the most effective method of enforcement.

Congress should make the use of E-Verify mandatory, renew the program of sending-out Social Security no-match letters, and aggressively pursue identity fraud. This will make it difficult, if not impossible, for illegal aliens to hold down jobs, which should go to available Americans anyway. Without the ability to get and keep American jobs, illegal aliens will go back to their home countries, where they can re-join their families right then and there.

Banned
    Bachmann's got it right. When the law is enforced, they will leave. There won't be 10 to 12 Million left to deport....The American Taxpayer already foots the bill to the tune of $113 billion a year...Take away their benefits and Direct that toward enforcement and they will be exiting this country faster than rats from a sinking ship.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    I'm curious if she has a realistic chance of winning. I know all of the major media's and other areas are trying to ignore her and make it look like she's not even in the race. Plenty trying to cover her up so people don't see she could actually do some good and I believe she's the best choice of those we have running, infact the only choice.
    I totally agree! I'll take it one step further.. I predict the LSM will now resume digging up as much dirt as they can find on her. They started before but quit when Cain came on the scene. They have to ruin ANY good opposition to Obozo.

Rep. Bachmann is the voice of our movement, yet, she is still being
    marginalized. Who would ever have thought an upstart newcomer, community organizer like Obama could ever get elected? Being a conservative GOP woman makes her a media punching bag. I fear sexism is alive and well in this political climate.

Quote Originally Posted by robertaharrison
    Rep. Bachmann is the voice of our movement, yet, she is still being
    marginalized. Who would ever have thought an upstart newcomer, community organizer like Obama could ever get elected? Being a conservative GOP woman makes her a media punching bag. I fear sexism is alive and well in this political climate.
    Welcome to ALIPAC,the media appears to ignore her as they do in the debates also. She definitely does not get her share of the time. Since Cain is out maybe she will be focused on more.

It is SO HARD to understand why this govenment does not want to fulfill their Oath to this nation and protect it against this invasion. I still think we need to bring back the "tar and feathers"for these politicians.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Banned
    You are so right robertaharrison. Refreshing aint it?
    And welcome to ALIPAC robertaharrison....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast