Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bill would make it harder for foreigners to get U.S. asylum

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... lum02.html

Bill would make it harder for foreigners to get U.S. asylum

By Darryl Fears

The Washington Post
    WASHINGTON â€â€
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

They're usually running from someone we helped put in power anyway.

Ramzi Yousef asked for asylum and was released pending a hearing. In the meantime, he helped plot and carry out the 1993 World Trade Center bombing that killed six people and injured more than 1,000. He was captured, convicted and imprisoned.
    I'm beginning to think the United States is an insane asylum
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

If the person we helped put in power is using this sort of tactic, beating and humiliating their own citizens, then we have a different problem. This is a good example of why our immigration process, or lack of one, is so broken. We want to be everyone's good guy, even the bad guys when they can get help from groups like the ACLU after they arrive on our shores.

If we were controlling our borders to begin with, the actual number of asylum seekers could be better managed. As it stands now, people arrive illegally (undocumented), and only when they are caught for some other reason do they play the asylum card. It sucks to need everyone's approval which is where America finds itself unless our leaders eventually stand up and say "Enough!" Lady Liberty may say "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore..." but we still have an obligation to ensure those are the ones seeking to arrive here.

I do not remember any invitation to the criminal, the rapist, smuggler, tyrant or thief. SNEAKING across the border automatically puts a person into the category of the law-breaker.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Yes, I agree. We keep sending people to washington to represent us that have not one shred of common sense.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Rarius
    If the person we helped put in power is using this sort of tactic, beating and humiliating their own citizens, then we have a different problem. This is a good example of why our immigration process, or lack of one, is so broken. We want to be everyone's good guy, even the bad guys when they can get help from groups like the ACLU after they arrive on our shores.

If we were controlling our borders to begin with, the actual number of asylum seekers could be better managed. As it stands now, people arrive illegally (undocumented), and only when they are caught for some other reason do they play the asylum card. It sucks to need everyone's approval which is where America finds itself unless our leaders eventually stand up and say "Enough!" Lady Liberty may say "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore..." but we still have an obligation to ensure those are the ones seeking to arrive here.

I do not remember any invitation to the criminal, the rapist, smuggler, tyrant or thief. SNEAKING across the border automatically puts a person into the category of the law-breaker.
    The Cubans,Nicaraguans,Guatemalens,Salvadorians,Hondur ans,Filipinos,Afghani,Iraqi,Hmong,Mein,Cambodian,V iet,Montenard,Dominican,Hatian,Iranian,Palestinian ,etc.are good examples.

RARIUS wrote
    If we were controlling our borders to begin with, the actual number of asylum seekers could be better managed
    Can it be made any simpler?????? Call me crazy but.....It seems to me that ALL of the elected officials can understand this simplistic theory which leads me to believe that THERE IS ANOTHER AGENDA.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

asylum bill

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    Ain't that the truth!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There'd be no MS13 without asylum.The Russian mob wouldn't be as powerfull without it.There'd be no AP (Armenian Power) without it.A lot of these seekers of political asylum aren't just against their own oppressive governments,they're against ANY government.The left wing press shoots for the sympathy and the truth is skipped.Many asylum seekers are members of foreign death/hit squads of their own governments but they know how fast and easy it is to get asylum here.