Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Bitter debate over immigration at U.S. - mexico meeting

Monday, June 14, 2010

Bitter Debate over Immigration at U.S.-Mexico Meeting

By Enrique Méndez

Campeche, Mexico, June 12. – The 49th US-Mexico Interparliamentary Meeting had tense moments today, when California Republican Representative Brian Bilbray disparagingly referred to Mexico as "the backyard patio" [and] warned that his party will not let immigration reform pass.

"Migration is a privilege, not a right. My family came from the other side of the Atlantic, not by way of a land border," he let fly.

The phrase, according to deputies and senators, led to criticism by [Mexican] lawmakers from the PRI and PT, as well as a distancing of the [U.S.] House Democrats present, who also repudiated the implementation of Arizona's SB-1070 Law that criminalizes illegal migration.

PT Deputy Porfirio Muñoz Ledo, chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, said that if both countries fail to reach an agreement on the subject the bilateral relationship is rotten.

In the private afternoon meeting, titled "Migration and Well-being, [the] situation of migrant communities in the United States," Bilbray (who voted in favor of building the border fence and has said that an illegal immigrant can be identified by the clothes he/she wears) defended the application of the Arizona law with the argument that it will not cause racial discrimination.

In contrast, the chairman of the delegation of U.S. Members of Congress, Ed Pastor, a Democrat from said state, questioned the rule by ensuring that migration is not a state matter, but federal in nature, and therefore he assured the Arizona law is illegal.

Nonetheless, those at the meeting recognized that the members of congress who defend the need for an agreement on the issue face the rejection of their constituents, including those of Mexican origin, when seeking reelection. Before, election issues were civil rights; at other times gay rights; or the legalization of drugs. Now migration is the defining matter, he said.

Lawmakers consulted said that Democratic Representative Linda Sanchez, District 39, California, has spoken out in defense of immigration reform and to express her repudiation of the Arizona law. Sánchez, who has opposed bills that seek to exert greater border control and voted against HR-418, which sought to prohibit use of the matricula consular [identification card] to open bank accounts, said that there is racism in SB-1070. "Besides," she said, "Mexicans are very hardworking people," and she offered to continue her defense in future interparliamentary [meetings].

PRI Senator Rosario Green MacÃ*as questioned U.S. immigration corruption. Recently, she said, the U.S. government captured an important group of drug kingpins in their territory. So, when they crossed into the United States were those from immigration asleep, or had they gone to the bathroom?, she taunted.

The coordinator of the PRI deputies, Francisco Rojas, said that although Mexico has created much of the problem of migration, this will not be slowed with walls. Human rights are something that must be respected. We must protect the rights of migrants, he said.

http://www.mexidata.info/id2704.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bitter debate

Where is the concern for the rights of American citizens?
    What about the 15 million unemployed citizens ?
    What about respect for the U.S. legal workers?
    What about respect of our language, law and culture?

Mexico is NOT OUR FRIEND. They do not like us and only are interested in financial gain for Mexicans. I think our Congress is on their side.

PRI Senator Rosario Green MacÃ*as questioned U.S. immigration corruption. Recently, she said, the U.S. government captured an important group of drug kingpins in their territory. So, when they crossed into the United States were those from immigration asleep, or had they gone to the bathroom?, she taunted.
    Oh, yeah. Taunting the other side in negotiations will surely bring them around to your point of view. What school of diplomacy did this one attend? The entire Mexican government is arrogant beyond belief.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The coordinator of the PRI deputies, Francisco Rojas, said that although Mexico has created much of the problem of migration, this will not be slowed with walls. Human rights are something that must be respected. We must protect the rights of migrants, he said.
    This all according to the UN Agenda on migration as a tool to redisribute wealth from "rich"Western Countries to poverty countries. That is why they keep drumming the "Rights of Migrants".

The lst time I checked, the UN doesn't make the laws in this country but that could change with the group that is currently signing treaties and allowing the UN to tax us.

We are not subjects of the UN.

Read the Bills.........
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Mexicans are very hardworking people,"
    SO WHAT!!!!

AMERICANS ARE HARDWORKING PEOPLE WHO PAY TAXES SO WE DON'T NEED ILLEGAL ALIEN MEXICANS TAKING OUR JOBS!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I love it when I read articles like this that demonstrate how agenda driven these folks are, how arrogant they are and how they presume to know how we should run our country when theirs is in a shambles.
    The affect, I hope, is that more Americans who have not "got it" yet... will.
    No amnesty until the border is secured... then no amnesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    "Mexicans are very hardworking people,"
    SO WHAT!!!!

AMERICANS ARE HARDWORKING PEOPLE WHO PAY TAXES SO WE DON'T NEED ILLEGAL ALIEN MEXICANS TAKING OUR JOBS!!!!!!

Dixie
    After the dot com crash, I ended up working at a vineyard until some jobs came around to my area. I was one of three Caucasians working with a family of illegals. We worked circles around them. They work just hard enough to not get fired, and that's it. This is the same work ethic I've seen with builders, painters, etc. The quality of work isn't always the best either.

Quote Originally Posted by Seter
    After the dot com crash, I ended up working at a vineyard until some jobs came around to my area. I was one of three Caucasians working with a family of illegals. We worked circles around them. They work just hard enough to not get fired, and that's it. This is the same work ethic I've seen with builders, painters, etc. The quality of work isn't always the best either.
    I thought those were jobs that Americans won't do

Growing up in a working class neighborhood, we did all those jobs - except for field work, of course. Not much of that available in the inner city. Those jobs were also fall back jobs, when nothing else was available.

PT Deputy Porfirio Muñoz Ledo, chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, said that if both countries fail to reach an agreement on the subject the bilateral relationship is rotten.
    WHO CARES? Mexico needs to build a fence to stop its lawless people from getting into our country.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Im more worried about Pastor and Sanchez telling the american people that twe have to give in to the demands of the mexican government