Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Black-Latino Tensions Focus Of Forum (NC)

http://www.news-record.com/news/educati ... 705_hp.htm

Black-Latino tensions focus of forum

6-7-05
    By Bruce Buchanan, Staff Writer
    News & Record

GREENSBORO -- Tensions between African American and Latino students haven't boiled over yet in Guilford County Schools. A group of concerned citizens wants to make sure that they don't.

FaithAction International House, a Greensboro-based organization that promotes cultural understanding and religious tolerance, sponsored a discussion of black-Hispanic issues Monday in the local schools. About 15 people attended the meeting.

The Guilford district hasn't experienced any major conflicts between the two groups.

But last August, 16 students at Glenn High School in neighboring Forsyth County were arrested after black students and Hispanic students brawled in the school parking lot.

Mark Sills, FaithAction's executive director, said Latino-black conflicts are different from white-black racism, where one group is perceived as oppressing the other.

"It's more like turf battles," he said, where the two groups are fighting for space and status.

No students attended the meeting, but speakers agreed adults should lead the way.

Bill Howard, a FaithAction board member, said the school district should offer more courses on various cultures, particularly since the schools serve students speaking 82 different languages.

"It is a lack of understanding of cultures," Howard said. "If we had a better concept of each other's cultures, we would have a better concept of each other."

Kathy Hinshaw, who works with immigrants at UNCG's Center for New North Carolinians, said teachers and principals should model appropriate behavior for students.

"These kids do not have enough mentors or leaders to look up to," she said.

Several participants also said that some Latino youngsters come to school with misconceptions or fears about African Americans.

Greensboro resident Steve Sumerford said the school district's English as a Second Language teachers, in particular, can help Hispanic kids see their black classmates in a different light because these teachers form such strong bonds with their students.

He said the district could give English as a second language teachers some additional training to help them teach students about racism.

The system has several anti-racism initiatives in place, both for teachers and students, and the school board wants to spend $500,000 on anti-racism initiatives next year.

But some of these efforts, particularly those by the Chicago-based Crossroads Ministry, have come under fire for branding whites as racist.

FaithAction members plan a follow-up discussion Aug. 1. They plan to invite local students to speak and hope that Superintendent Terry Grier will attend.

Contact Bruce Buchanan at 373-7078 or bbuchanan@news-record.com
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Black-Latino Tensions Focus Of Forum (NC)

"It's more like turf battles," he said, where the two groups are fighting for space and status.
    Uh huh....turf battles....that's a cute term for GANGS!!

Bill Howard, a FaithAction board member, said the school district should offer more courses on various cultures, particularly since the schools serve students speaking 82 different languages.
    Uh huh....82 different languages....in the school system.....is English by chance one of those? Well.....why don't you send the other 81 home since I'm sure they're here illegally or would have already learned English.

Mr. Howard.....you and the teachers and the administrators in Greensboro public schools won't live long enough to understand 82 different cultures. Best I can tell, you don't even understand ours.

Kathy Hinshaw, who works with immigrants at UNCG's Center for New North Carolinians, said teachers and principals should model appropriate behavior for students.
    WOWIE ZOWIE!! We're paying for a UNCG's CENTER FOR NEW NORTH CAROLIANS!! Is "new", the "new" secret code for illegal aliens?

Pleeeease, give me a break! Did someone really think that once we focused on this issue, stuff like THIS would get by Americans?

I can't wait to find out more about the details of Ms. Hinshaw's plans for "teachers and principals" to "model appropriate behavior" for illegal aliens from 82 different countries.

QUIZ: I wonder how many teachers and principals could locate all 82 countries on a world globe or spell the name of the country correctly?

MUSE: I envision teachers and principals in American public school systems wearing a "native costume" 1 day a year per culture to honor the cultures of illegal aliens. In Greensboro, this would require "dressing up" for the 82 represented in that School System and given the fact that each nation has "subcultures" there are probably enough cultures to keep "foreign attire" on the teachers and principals for the entire school year!!

What a Joke!!

SOLUTION: Re-assign and Relocate the teachers and principals to the 82 nations and we'll START OVER HERE!!

We need a Fresh Start!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Uh huh....turf battles....that's a cute term for GANGS!!

[quote:zmuz42y5]Bill Howard, a FaithAction board member, said the school district should offer more courses on various cultures, particularly since the schools serve students speaking 82 different languages.
    Uh huh....82 different languages....in the school system.....is English by chance one of those? Well.....why don't you send the other 81 home since I'm sure they're here illegally or would have already learned English.

Mr. Howard.....you and the teachers and the administrators in Greensboro public schools won't live long enough to understand 82 different cultures. Best I can tell, you don't even understand ours.

[/quote:zmuz42y5]

WOWIE ZOWIE!! We're paying for a UNCG's CENTER FOR NEW NORTH CAROLIANS!! Is "new", the "new" secret code for illegal aliens?

Pleeeease, give me a break! Did someone really think that once we focused on this issue, stuff like THIS would get by Americans?

I can't wait to find out more about the details of Ms. Hinshaw's plans for "teachers and principals" to "model appropriate behavior" for illegal aliens from 82 different countries.

QUIZ: I wonder how many teachers and principals could locate all 82 countries on a world globe or spell the name of the country correctly?

MUSE: I envision teachers and principals in American public school systems wearing a "native costume" 1 day a year per culture to honor the cultures of illegal aliens. In Greensboro, this would require "dressing up" for the 82 represented in that School System and given the fact that each nation has "subcultures" there are probably enough cultures to keep "foreign attire" on the teachers and principals for the entire school year!!

What a Joke!!

SOLUTION: Re-assign and Relocate the teachers and principals to the 82 nations and we'll START ALL OVER HERE!!

We need a Fresh Start!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The system has several anti-racism initiatives in place, both for teachers and students, and the school board wants to spend $500,000 on anti-racism initiatives next year.

But some of these efforts, particularly those by the Chicago-based Crossroads Ministry, have come under fire for branding whites as racist.
    Is this NUTS or WHAT?

No wonder children are having such a hard time learning to read, write, do their arithmetic, and stay in school until they graduate.

What absolute utter nonsense for American children to be surrounded by strangers from 82 different countries in their public school system, exposed to 82 "cultures" we know nothing about, and waste time and money trying to figure out what to do about THAT NOW!!

The solution is enforce immigration law and end this insanity!

You said it, Judy. We need our immigration laws enforced...we don't need to be pandering to different cultures in our schools. In case no one has noticed, this is AMERICA..and OUR culture is the ONLY culture that matters. If the legal immigrants don't fall into line with it, deport them..the illegals, unquestionably.

This is what I mean by 'bleeding heart liberal think'...please 'understand' this foreign culture, kids. Spend all or most of your time on attempting to assimilate those that have no right to be here. After all, your education does not matter...only 'tolerance' matters.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

There is a saying in all matters of operations. You are no stronger than you're weakest link.

This is the national plan of our government to DUMB US DOWN through our school system.

I think it's working pretty well for them too.

WHY PARENTS anywhere in America would tolerate this for a split second is beyond me?

You're saying: infestation of the liberal think

You're right. Lets de-infest and reassign them to their country of choice outside the US....an education leaders exile program....so we can START ALL OVER and GET BACK TO BASICS....like the 3 Rs that made us the greatest nation on the planet.

"Mark Sills, FaithAction's executive director, said Latino-black conflicts are different from white-black racism, where one group is perceived as oppressing the other."

I wonder if it ever occured to Mr. Sills that AMERICANS of ALL races are incensed at this invasion of illegals. Me thinks Mr. Sills speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

You thinks right, greyparrot.

All these people are liars. Period.

They are part of the OBL which has multiple church organizations, multiple not-for-profits, disguised as public charities, when they are in fact traitorous subversive groups working every day with hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of foot soliders well paid to bid out the US to the highest bidder.

These people are Pure Evil, and it doesn't matter what "faith" they claim because they are in fact "faithless" and only worship one idol and that is the American Dollar in their pocket they stole from you while destroying your country.

That's it in a nutshell.

82 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES?!!!! Did I read that right? I'm just sitting here with my mouth hanging open. How in the hell do you teach a student body with 82 languages?! I'm surprised those kids aren't killing each other!

Do you ever feel like you're in the Twilight Zone? When did it become okay to immigrate here wityhout knowing at least passable English? Guys we had better wake up--this is getting beyond crazy.

black-latino tensions

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    You said it, Judy. We need our immigration laws enforced...we don't need to be pandering to different cultures in our schools. In case no one has noticed, this is AMERICA..and OUR culture is the ONLY culture that matters. If the legal immigrants don't fall into line with it, deport them..the illegals, unquestionably.
    This is what I mean by 'bleeding heart liberal think'...please 'understand' this foreign culture, kids. Spend all or most of your time on attempting to assimilate those that have no right to be here. After all, your education does not matter...only 'tolerance' matters.

RR
    RR and Judy, Judy, Judy,

This nation should be called The United Nations of America. There is just too much rucus and division going on. It seems to me, that this administration is forgetting our name. We are now associated with some crappy groups that are listed under 'The Americas'. What's all that about anyway?! America isn't in that part of the world. What gives?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast