Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let me put my “tin-foil hatâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

[quote="MadInChicago"]Look! I’m just saying; â€

I can see the gun "control" [confiscation] people jumping on this, but I can't wait to find out what the killer's (or killers') motive was. If it's anything to do with the foreign feeling of entitlement, that will fall in line with my particular tinfoil hat theory. I see a lot of them get very angry because many of them feel that they have the exact same rights to live and work here that we do, and that there should be no difference between them and us, for example, in applying for a job here. Not all of them - when the Indian press posts another article complaining about wanting more visas, a goodly number of them chime in on the comments section with "It's their country" and similar comments, but there are just as many of the other kind. Among the most disconcerting: the large number of them who believe that America owes its wealth and greatness to them, that we robbed their nation of their brains, and therefore we owe them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    ...and that there should be no difference between them and us, for example, in applying for a job here.
    And one of them might believe that shooting up an immigration center will help eliminate, in their eyes, an "oppressive" institution that prevents them from entering the US when they want. They may actually believe that this will help them control the US government and they can immigrate when they want because "the US is a nation of immigrants, not a nation of US citizens" (I actually was told this on a forum). Thanks to extremists like Vivek Wadhwa, many more immigrants are going to believe that they should resist American citizens and just barge in whenever they want.

Is it any wonder that unemployment keeps getting worse and worse and worse?

This was updated two minutes ago on msnbc. At first article says the suspect has been identified as a 41 year old from upstate. Further down it says he was in his 20's? They are getting closer to announcing who he was. The byline on site says 'targeting immigrants.'

Governor: '12 to 13' killed at immigration center
    Gunman blocks back door, opens fire at offices in Binghamton, N.Y.

updated 2 minutes ago

BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - Twelve to 13 people were killed Friday when a gunman walked into an immigrant services center and opened fire, Gov. David Paterson said. A federal law enforcement official said the gunman was found dead in the building.

"I speak for all of New York when I offer my prayers for the victims and families of this tragedy," Paterson said hours after the gunman shot several people and took dozens hostage. The gunman first blocked the back door with his car, authorities said.

Two people were seen in handcuffs as they left the building, but NBC's Pete Williams said they were not suspects and that police were simply taking extra precautions as people left the building.

Police had identified the suspect as a 42-year-old man who lived in upstate New York, Williams reported.

Authorities scheduled a news conference for 4:30 p.m. ET.

At least 41 people were in the American Civic Association building at the time of the shooting and that citizenship classes had been scheduled Friday at the center, The Binghamton Press & Sun Bulletin reported.

The gunman had a high-powered rifle, Mayor Matthew Ryan told the newspaper. Law enforcement sources later told NBC News that several weapons were recovered from the shooting scene.

The suspect was described as a man in his 20s between 5 feet, 8 inches, and 6 feet tall, wearing a bright green nylon jacket and dark-rimmed glasses.

Police locked down a nearby high school and advised local business owners to stay inside.

Rich Griffith, who works across the street from the hostage scene, said he saw three people carried out of the building on stretchers alive.

Binghamton, with a population around 45,000, is about 150 miles northwest of New York City. The American Civic Association helps immigrants in the area with naturalization applications, counseling, resettlement, citizenship, family reunification and translators.

Mary Pat Hyland, who teaches classes at the center, told MSNBC that many of the immigrants served there are from Vietnam and Laos. "We have a very diverse ethnic area," she said.

The association’s president, Angela Leach, “is very upset right now,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If the gunman was targetting immigrants, the dot-nut site will make hay about that. They will try to cause splash-back to Alipac.

In some countries, reporters are less restrained than here:

http://www.agi.it/world/news/2009040321 ... 5-art.html

USA: MADMAN KILLS AND SEIZES HOSTAGES
    Print Send this article(AGI) - New York, 3 Apr. - The USA is once again the stage of a crazed shootout of innocent civilians. Local radio stations report that at least 13 people were killed in Binghamton, some 215 kilometres from New York, when a man entered an assistance agency for immigrants and opened fire at random. The list is not yet final because the man is still in the building and he is holding 20 to 40 hostages. The building holds the American Civic Association, an organisation which helps immigrants in the US, and at the time a citizenship party was being held.
    When the man opened fire some looked for shelter in closets and in the boiler room. The building was soon surrounded by police forces which are contacting some hostages via telephone and many ambulances are on location. At least a dozen people have been wounded. TV images show some people taken away in stretchers along with bystanders who gathered outside to see how things develop. The American Civic Association teaches English to immigrants and refugees before helping them to fill out papers needed to gain citizenship and a job. The building lies close to the local school which has been surrounded by the police. Neighbouring buildings have been evacuated. Allegedly the crazed killer is a 21-year-old Asian who blocked the building's rear entrance with his car. Binghamton is a small town with approximately 45,000 inhabitants. This massacre is the most recent of a long history of shootouts in the USA, the worst of which may have occurred on April 16 2006 in Blacksburg's Virginia Tech when a student killed 32 people before committing suicide.

[quote="AE"]The most recent from Fox, who has had this on all morning. I did hear someone on Fox mention the possibilities, and of course the main one that came up was about frustration in the immigration process. They did not elaborate, as right now, no one knows till victims have been interviewed. Also they think at this time he has shot himself.

We heard the same thing on Fox. It was speculation of he being angry because it's taking the immigration process too long concerning his family. I see nothing as that in writting though. He was just identified (on FOX) as 41yr old Jiverly Voong aka Linh Phat Voong.

Binghamton Bloodbath: Gov Says At Least 12 Dead
    Gunman among dead in bloody rampage: cops

Updated 3:31 PM EDT, Fri, Apr 3, 2009

As many as 13 people were killed when a gunman opened fire in a bloody rampage in an immigration center in Binghamton, New York, according to Gov. David Paterson. The gunman was among the dead in a shooting spree that according to some accounts wounded 26 others.

"I speak for all of New York when I offer my prayers for the victims and families of this tragedy," Gov. Paterson said hours after the gunman shot several people and took dozens hostage.

Sens. Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand released a joint statement Friday afternoon, saying, "This is a terrible tragedy and our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and their families."

Before his murderous rampage at about 10:30 a.m., the gunman pulled a car up to the back door of the facility to block a key escape route. Police would only say the man was 42 years old, but did not release his name. It's also not known what prompted the rampage.

Five people with gunshot wounds were being treated at Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City, according to hospital spokeswoman Christina Boyd The wounded ranged in age from 20 to their mid-50s, and their conditions ranged from stable to critical, she said.

Linda Miller, a spokeswoman at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, confirmed that a student from Binghamton University was being treated at the emergency room.

A police dispatcher who spoke to The Associated Press wouldn't confirm a number of people shot or injured.

Author Mary Pat Hyland, who once taught a cooking class at the civic center, used her Twitter account to update her readers on what she was seeing and hearing in Binghamton. And at about 2:30 p.m., she offered her assessment on MSNBC.

"This will be the biggest news story ever to come out of this area," she said.

The area is in a stretch on the west side of the Chenango River in the city of about 45,000 near the Pennsylvania border. Emergency vehicles lined the streets in the neighborhood, a mix of homes and small businesses.

The American Civic Association is an organization that helps immigrants in the Binghamton area with naturalization applications, according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

The association describes itself as helping immigrants and refugees with counseling, resettlement, citizenship, family reunification and translators.

The association's president, Angela Leach, "is very upset right now," said Mike Chanecka, a friend who answered a call at her home as Leach wept in the background.
    "She doesn't know anything; she's as shocked as anyone," Chanecka said. "For some reason, she had the day off today. And she's very worried about her secretary."

Copyright Associated Press / NBC New York

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/4- ... stage.html

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    If the gunman was targetting immigrants, the dot-nut site will make hay about that. They will try to cause splash-back to Alipac.

You got it! Although not mentioned that too was one the theories I had in mind. In short; the News always precedes action (in some direction). Who knows, maybe its step one at shutting people like us down? And I wouldn’t put it past the government right now. All I do know is that wherever I look - I see NOTHING making sense anymore!
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

And here it is:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/rele ... lease=1126

[quote]News Release
    Today's Mass Shooting In New York
    Latest Wakeup Call For Nation

For Immediate Release:
    04-03-2009

Contact Communications:
    (202) 898-0792

Washington, DC - As the horrific gun violence continues in the United States, Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, issued the following statement on behalf of the organization and its New York Million Mom March chapters:

“Today's mass shooting in Binghamton is just the latest wake-up call reminding us that we must do something to stop the gun violence in our country. In the past few weeks alone, in mass shootings, 10 were killed in Alabama, eight killed in a North Carolina nursing home, 10 killed in California, including four police officers, but the silence from many of our political leaders was deafening.

“About 30,000 people a year in this country die from gun violence, about 80 a day, 32 by homicide - the same number who died at Virginia Tech two years ago this month. In the space of four months, up to nine Americans died as a result of bacteria-laden peanut butter crackers, and the government quickly took action. Some of the top government officials in our country say we don't need to do anything different - that we should just 'enforce the laws on the books.' The laws on the books aren't getting the job done. Now is the time to take effective steps to prevent gun violence.

“Our hearts go out to the victims and their families.â€

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast