Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Border Bait and Switch

http://www.amconmag.com/2005/2005_11_07/article1.html

November 7, 2005 Issue

Border Bait and Switch

Promising immigration enforcement but delivering amnesty

By W. James Antle III

Maricopa County may not be closest to Arizona’s border with Mexico but it is nevertheless at the center of the state’s growing problem with illegal immigration. County Attorney Andrew Thomas hopes to be part of the solution. His office is sponsoring the Southwest Conference on Illegal Immigration, Border Security and Crime in Phoenix, reaching out to nationally known commentators and experts on the issue.

The roster of invited speakers includes many noted allies of immigration restrictionists, including Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.), representatives of the Federation of American Immigration Reform and the Center for Immigration Studies, and U.S. News and World Report columnist John Leo. But also on the agenda are two names more familiar to restrictionists for their oppositionâ€â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just all ConMen trying to Play US.

I'm sick of it, how about you?

I want action, I want troops on the borders and at our ports, I want round up and deportation of these people.

I do not want debate; I do not want "conferences"; I do not want any type of "guest worker program"; I do not want "amnesty for illegals" under any name; I do not want lighter regulations; I do not want "amnesty for employers"; I do not want increased visa numbers.

Fine...call me Greedy. I want it all. I want every law on the books in this area of US Immigration, US Labor and US Civil Rights strictly enforced to the letter, to the man, to the woman, to the babe, to the employer, to the aider, to the abetter, to the advocate, to the networker, to the runner, to the smuggler, to the funder.

Yessiree, I WANT IT ALL.

Fine....call me Miss Piggy of the Anti-Illegal Immigration Movement.

I can handle it. How about you?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm with you Judy. While our congressmen dawdle and dither, uninsured, uneducated, criminally inclined, desperate, Mexican failures swarm over the borders and overwhelm us. I'd like to see the border slammed shut with great force until the dawdlers get their act together. None of these bills would completely satisfy me but the Kyl/Cornyn proposal might prove acceptable as a compromise. At least it requires insurance:

Plan would require immigrants to have insurance
    October 31, 2005
    Buried in the thick text of an immigration reform proposal from two U.S. senators is a clause regarding mandated health coverage that some hope will reduce costs for hospitals beset with treating uninsured immigrants. The Comprehensive Enforcement and Immigration Reform Act, proposed by Sens. John Cornyn (R-Texas) and Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), includes numerous provisions to beef up border security and strengthen penalties for employers who hire illegal immigrants. It also would establish a temporary guest worker program, allowing foreigners with a job offer from a U.S. company to work here for up to two years before returning home. As part of that program, the workers' home countries would be required to provide them with a minimum level of health coverage. That could at least put a dent in the hundreds of millions of dollars spent by hospitals to treat immigrants who lack insurance, Kyl said. Federal law requires hospitals to provide care to anyone seeking it, regardless of their ability to pay....More
    '58 Airedale

Tom2--ONLY if such insurance is required of all employers for all workers espcially American Citizens. There are millions of American Citizens that don't have health insurance.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Requiring home countries to insure their emigrants does not necessarily require that employers insure their employees. The point of course is we provide billions in medical facilities and workers primarily to ensure the health of US citizens. Because the SCOTUS has mandated that ERs provide care to everyone, regardless of insurance, illegal aliens have been able to capitalize on it. Of course, the consequence has been bankrupt hospital groups, a massive increase in medical costs and a general reduction of the average citizen's standard of living. Requiring home countries to bear the cost is not unreasonable and absolutely is the right thing to do. I for one am sick and tired of subsidizing one-third of the labor costs of businesses that use illegal aliens. Part of that one-third is their medical care. If they or their home countries had to pay for it, that would be just one more thing I don't have to underwrite. Now if we could just figure out a way to meke them pay for roads, bridges, education, etc., we'll be on our way to prosperity again. Of course they have no intention of paying their own way and the fight now is on.
    '58 Airedale

Tom2--thanks for that clarification. This bill requires the home countries to cover them. There is another bill or proposal out there that the employers of guest workers would have to provide them with insurance. I confused the two.

I'd still just prefer the home countries just keep them at home.

Remember, I'm Miss Piggy and I want it all.

And I think "all" is doable.

I thought all illegals had insurance: TAXPAYERS OF THE USA!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes indeedy they do have insurance.

Courtesy of the American People.

I say:

"Coverage is hereby terminated."