Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Breaking: Trump Would Like to See Compromise Immigration Bill

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here is Fox comment via Brett Baier.

Colleague Bret Baier rpts Trump says he'll push an "immigrationbill" with compromise on both sides. He'll mention that in his speech— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) February 28, 2017
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ann Coulter
    @AnnCoulter
    47m
    Meanwhile, media claim Trump's plan is to convince voters they made the WRONG choice by calling for path to legalization for illegals.
    View details ·

Ann Coulter
    @AnnCoulter
    50m
    Dem guests at tonite's address Muslims & illegal immigrants. It's Dems' way of reminding 65 million Americans they made the right choice.
    View details ·

Ann Coulter
    @AnnCoulter
    52m
    Democrats' guests at tonight's address will be Muslims and illegal immigrants. I'm confused. Are they trying to hurt Trump or help him?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnnCoulter/
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope Trump isn't thinking that the trade-off for amnesty is building the wall. That's unacceptable.

Very unsettling indeed. Amnesty creates more amnesties in the future, this must stop. Guess we'll see what he says about it tonight but with this news I'm ready to feel disappointed and lied to.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have a lot of visitors here reading this info.

W

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yes, we sure will know shortly. It's like waiting for the Tornado Warning to end. Either it blew by or blew you away. I could puke. Honestly.
    Yep, Trump's making a serious mistake if he risk losing folks like you. You've certainly been one of his strongest advocates. If he loses someone like you, I have to believe he'll lose a lot of supporters. I support him, but never fully trusted him. Maybe he'll give me reason to keep the faith tonight, then again, maybe he'll lose me forever. Like you, I'm extremely apprehensive about his national address tonight. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

(From 2015)

That Time Trump Had a Meeting With Dreamers and said " You Convinced Me" on Immigration

Two years ago, Trump met with immigration activists who told them their stories and asked for his support on immigration. “You convinced me,” Trump said as the meeting ended.

August 26, 2015

Adrian Carrasquillo

On an August day two years ago, Donald Trump was in a much different place: He was just a billionaire with the simple goal of connecting his beauty pageant business with the upcoming Hispanic Heritage Awards.

So at his New York penthouse office atop Trump Tower, he convened a meeting.

Trump ushered in a pair of men — one to talk about the awards and a Democratic strategist who works with nonprofits — and three young DREAMer activists. The DREAMers were on a tour sharing their stories with those less likely to support them, like tea party supporters.

Trump, according to four attendees who recounted the meeting to BuzzFeed News, talked about how rich he is (“This is the best view in New York!”), the golf courses he was building around the world, and about each prospective Republican candidate (“What do you think about Jeb Bush?”) and whether Latinos liked them.
    Then the DREAMers began telling their life stories.

Jose Machado spoke about how his mom was deported when he was 15 years old. Diego Sanchez talked about how he was trying to go to law school and struggling to come up with ways to pay for it.

Trump alternated between making no sense and broad ignorance on the issue, said Gaby Pacheco, a prominent national activist and the third DREAMer in the meeting.
    “Don’t you think someone in a wheelchair is more deserving than you all?” Trump said to silence.

But he also kept asking, “Can’t you just become a citizen if you want to?” No, we can’t, the activists said, there’s no process for that. Trump was reflective, the activists said.

“You know, the truth is I have a lot of illegals working for me in Miami,” he told them, using the term for undocumented immigrants those in the meeting found offensive. “You know in Miami, my golf course is tended by all these Hispanics — if it wasn’t for them my lawn wouldn’t be the lawn it is; it’s the best lawn,” Pacheco recalled Trump saying.

Trump said he knew the work of undocumented people is what makes his golf courses and hotels great.

“At the end of the day, what we’re looking at is a value proposition for America,” Tijerino said to Trump at the end of the meeting, referring to immigration legislation.
    “You’ve convinced me,” Trump said to the delight of the activists in the room.

“We all smiled at each other and said, ‘Wow, we did it, we got this guy to change his mind,’” Pacheco said.

Two years later, they see a showman just playing to the crowd. Trump, of course, has spun the Republican field into a debate about immigration that has involved whether the 14th Amendment should be revoked, and if the U.S.-born children of undocumented immigrants should be deported.

“This is an entertainer who knows how to appease his audience,” Rodriguez said. “In his office he had an audience that was completely receptive to what he had to say about respecting the drive of these students who are here to change their lives. But once that conversation was done, that conversation was done. There was no follow up.”

Antonio Tijerino, the businessman who spoke about the Hispanic Heritage Awards at the meeting, said Trump’s people didn’t expect him to come with activists in tow — but Trump was “gracious, engaged, warm, and friendly.”

It was very different, Tijerino said from the Trump of 2015, the man whom Tijerino believes provoked the alleged beating of a homeless Hispanic man last week by two white men from Boston who justified the attack by telling police, “Donald Trump was right: All these illegals need to be deported.”

In 2013, though, he was in entertainer mode even as the meeting concluded, cracking jokes with the group about how they needed better ties — and walked them downstairs straight to his gift shop.

Trump declared that they could have whatever they wanted for free.

He gave away a watch, and his daughter’s book. He gave away chocolate. Pacheco scored a perfume; the guys got a bunch of Donald Trump ties.

“Everything said ‘Made in China,’” Pacheco said.

Sanchez, who is 25 and now in law school, cracked up when asked about the ties. He said he was literally wearing one of the three Trump gave him that day.

“Considering what he told us, it’s a complete 360, all he’s doing now is spewing hate,” Sanchez said. “He’s digging himself in a hole even more. He was nice then but now he wants to kick us out of the country.”

Rodriguez, who took a tie and gave it to his dad, said this is what should upset Trump’s supporters: They’re just being used by a showman who knows what to say depending on who he’s talking to.

“That’s what he’s doing now — using his celebrity and getting people starstruck by playing to his audience.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarra...AKM#.dy1KQk9yP

I received this email from Paul Ryan.

Here at the Capitol this morning, House leaders held a press conference ahead of President Trump’s first address to Congress. Speaker Ryan talked about how special and important this moment is:

“We are excited to welcome President Trump to the Capitol tonight. We expect him to deliver a bold, optimistic message to the American people.

“Of course, anytime a new president speaks in this House chamber, it is an absolute tribute to our democracy. But tonight it has particular importance.

“What I think the president recognizes—what we all recognize—is that this is a once-in-a-generation moment. It is a once-in-a-generation opportunity. We have the opportunity to finally tackle big problems that have held us back for so long. We can fix our health care system so that costs go down and choices go up. We can fix our broken tax code so that rates go down and growth goes up. We can fix our regulatory system so that it protects us instead of punishing us. And we can secure our border, and rebuild our military for the 21st century. These are big, positive things we can achieve for the hardworking Americans we work for, by working together.

“That is why we are very much looking forward to having the president here tonight. It is a chance for the country to hear directly from him about our agenda, and how we intend to improve people’s lives. We have a lot of work ahead of us, and we are ready and willing to seize this moment.
    Last edited by Scott-in-FL; 02-28-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Thank you Scott-in-FL for sharing this. Paul Ryan mentions securing the border. He is total amnesty as we know.

If the President enforced the laws and ended the Executive Orders as promised a great deal would be accomplished.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    (From 2015)

That Time Trump Had a Meeting With Dreamers and said " You Convinced Me" on Immigration

Two years ago, Trump met with immigration activists who told them their stories and asked for his support on immigration. “You convinced me,” Trump said as the meeting ended.

August 26, 2015

Adrian Carrasquillo

On an August day two years ago, Donald Trump was in a much different place: He was just a billionaire with the simple goal of connecting his beauty pageant business with the upcoming Hispanic Heritage Awards.

So at his New York penthouse office atop Trump Tower, he convened a meeting.

Trump ushered in a pair of men — one to talk about the awards and a Democratic strategist who works with nonprofits — and three young DREAMer activists. The DREAMers were on a tour sharing their stories with those less likely to support them, like tea party supporters.

Trump, according to four attendees who recounted the meeting to BuzzFeed News, talked about how rich he is (“This is the best view in New York!”), the golf courses he was building around the world, and about each prospective Republican candidate (“What do you think about Jeb Bush?”) and whether Latinos liked them.
    Then the DREAMers began telling their life stories.

Jose Machado spoke about how his mom was deported when he was 15 years old. Diego Sanchez talked about how he was trying to go to law school and struggling to come up with ways to pay for it.

Trump alternated between making no sense and broad ignorance on the issue, said Gaby Pacheco, a prominent national activist and the third DREAMer in the meeting.
    “Don’t you think someone in a wheelchair is more deserving than you all?” Trump said to silence.

But he also kept asking, “Can’t you just become a citizen if you want to?” No, we can’t, the activists said, there’s no process for that. Trump was reflective, the activists said.

“You know, the truth is I have a lot of illegals working for me in Miami,” he told them, using the term for undocumented immigrants those in the meeting found offensive. “You know in Miami, my golf course is tended by all these Hispanics — if it wasn’t for them my lawn wouldn’t be the lawn it is; it’s the best lawn,” Pacheco recalled Trump saying.

Trump said he knew the work of undocumented people is what makes his golf courses and hotels great.

“At the end of the day, what we’re looking at is a value proposition for America,” Tijerino said to Trump at the end of the meeting, referring to immigration legislation.
    “You’ve convinced me,” Trump said to the delight of the activists in the room.

“We all smiled at each other and said, ‘Wow, we did it, we got this guy to change his mind,’” Pacheco said.

Two years later, they see a showman just playing to the crowd. Trump, of course, has spun the Republican field into a debate about immigration that has involved whether the 14th Amendment should be revoked, and if the U.S.-born children of undocumented immigrants should be deported.

“This is an entertainer who knows how to appease his audience,” Rodriguez said. “In his office he had an audience that was completely receptive to what he had to say about respecting the drive of these students who are here to change their lives. But once that conversation was done, that conversation was done. There was no follow up.”

Antonio Tijerino, the businessman who spoke about the Hispanic Heritage Awards at the meeting, said Trump’s people didn’t expect him to come with activists in tow — but Trump was “gracious, engaged, warm, and friendly.”

It was very different, Tijerino said from the Trump of 2015, the man whom Tijerino believes provoked the alleged beating of a homeless Hispanic man last week by two white men from Boston who justified the attack by telling police, “Donald Trump was right: All these illegals need to be deported.”

In 2013, though, he was in entertainer mode even as the meeting concluded, cracking jokes with the group about how they needed better ties — and walked them downstairs straight to his gift shop.

Trump declared that they could have whatever they wanted for free.

He gave away a watch, and his daughter’s book. He gave away chocolate. Pacheco scored a perfume; the guys got a bunch of Donald Trump ties.

“Everything said ‘Made in China,’” Pacheco said.

Sanchez, who is 25 and now in law school, cracked up when asked about the ties. He said he was literally wearing one of the three Trump gave him that day.

“Considering what he told us, it’s a complete 360, all he’s doing now is spewing hate,” Sanchez said. “He’s digging himself in a hole even more. He was nice then but now he wants to kick us out of the country.”

Rodriguez, who took a tie and gave it to his dad, said this is what should upset Trump’s supporters: They’re just being used by a showman who knows what to say depending on who he’s talking to.

“That’s what he’s doing now — using his celebrity and getting people starstruck by playing to his audience.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarra...AKM#.dy1KQk9yP
    Yep, Trump has been up and down the ladder on a lot of immigration issues. That's why I've always been hesitant to throw 100% of my support behind him. I'm hoping for the best tonight, but expecting the worst. Let's just hope he keeps is discussion on immigration limited to border security and his travel ban.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast