Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Breaking: Trump Would Like to See Compromise Immigration Bill

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tom Fitton‏Verified account @TomFitton 29 minutes ago
    More
    .@RealDonaldTrump supports amnesty? This would undermine rule of law and encourage illegal immigration.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

On Lou Dobbs show on Fox Business, the guests (Ed Rollins, Michael Goodwin), are wary of President Trump attempting this amnesty speech tonight. Lack of consensus, too much on his plate, angering people after he talked against amnesty for so long.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

trump is a lying tub of lard - how dare he rally people with lies for votes.

spoke truth @ removing all protections for our health for the greedy, reckless industries FOR MORE $$$$$ though.

Exchanging more 401k $$ and higher stock profits for allowing more children to be subjected to cancer or blowing out more peoples pancreas, kidneys, lungs is deplorable as well as extinction of creatures by removing them from the Endangered Species Act so they can drill baby drill their habitat. SICK and extraordinarily selfish!

The Department of Homeland Security has updated their page for illegal aliens to get amnesty through DACA. They refer illegal aliens to the USCIS page for their sign ups and renewals. The President doesn't need to speak of the rule of law when he is aiding and abetting illegal aliens and instructing others to do the same.

They even offer it in Spanish for the dreamers who do not read English.

Almost laughable to have a page for legal employment, and then go over to the page for illegal aliens to get DACA. It is really despicable that lawlessness is encouraged in this adminstration.

https://www.dhs.gov/topic/deferred-a...-arrivals-daca

Previous (archived) DACA page under Obama.

https://www.dhs.gov/deferred-action-childhood-arrivals
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-28-2017 at 08:30 PM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Trump says he's open to a compromise immigration bill

This isn’t the first time Trump has shown an openness to restarting dormant immigration reform efforts in Congress.

By Hadas Gold and Seung Min Kim 02/28/17

February 28, 2017

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he is open to a compromise immigration reform bill, a gesture that could soften his hardline approach to the issue.

Trump discussed the willingness to move ahead on immigration reform during a lunch with television anchors on Tuesday ahead of his address to a joint session of Congress.

“The time is right for an immigration bill as long as there is compromise on both sides,” Trump said, according to anchors present at the meeting.

On Capitol Hill, the renewed warmth from Trump on an immigration bill sparked immediate skepticism from Democrats, some openness from pro-reform Republicans and consternation from conservatives who have adamantly opposed overhaul efforts in the past.

The administration disclosed few details, but CNN reported that while Trump would oppose a pathway to citizenship for the estimated 11 million in the country illegally, they could obtain some sort of legal status that would allow them to stay. One exception to the citizenship stance could be the so-called Dreamers who came here illegally as children — a population of immigrants to which Trump has taken a particular liking.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Republican member of the bipartisan Senate Gang of Eight that crafted a comprehensive immigration bill four years ago, said he would “potentially” be interested in getting involved again in reform efforts, should there be one on Capitol Hill.

“Immigration reform is something that most people are in favor of. It’s what’s in that immigration reform that you find out pretty quickly it can get controversial,” Rubio said. “So we’ll see. It’ll take a lot of work. It’s a tough issue.”l

Rubio also said a pathway to legal status, rather than citizenship, would be something he would support in a compromise deal.

“I personally have always believed that it’s not a good idea to have millions of people in your country that can never become citizens,” he said. “But I certainly think legalization is better than what we have now. And if that’s what we need to do to get progress, I would be able to accept that.”

But leading Democrats weren’t eager to delve into possible specifics, arguing that Trump’s openness to an immigration compromise — particularly one that allowed those here illegally to remain — didn’t seem to square with his controversial executive orders meant to crack down on illegal immigration, the refugee program and migration from predominantly Muslim nations.

Trump’s executive orders have significantly broadened the population of immigrants who should for targeted for deportation purposes. In recent weeks, Democrats and immigration advocates have highlighted stories of people — including a young immigrant protected from deportation under an Obama-era directive — getting swept up by immigration enforcement agents under Trump.

“Then stop the deportations. Just stop them. Why did you throw away all of the prioritization that had been agreed to under the Barack Obama administration?” Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) said in an interview when asked about Trump’s latest comments. “Why are you going after mothers? Why are you going after students? Why are you going after dads that have not committed any criminal activities? Why are you going after them?”

Trump has "got a lot to undo,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said. “The immigrant community is rightfully scared.”

Still, this isn’t the first time Trump has shown an openness to restarting dormant immigration reform efforts in Congress. At a meeting with a bipartisan group of senators earlier this month, Trump said he would “be glad to look at” a new legislative proposal that overhauls immigration laws when the lawmakers raised the topic.

[B]Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.), one of Trump’s closest allies on Capitol Hill, didn’t appear to embrace Trump’s willingness to entertain immigration reform that addressed the millions here illegally.

“I don’t think we can have this conversation yet until our borders are secure, because anytime you start talking about pathway to citizenship or legal status it encourages more people to come,” Barletta argued in an interview. “So I’m not supportive of discussing what I would do until our borders are secure including our airports or any ports of entry.[/b]

During the lunch at the White House with anchors from 18 news organizations, Trump and some of his senior staff, immigration dominated the conversation.

[B]Another person in the meeting said Trump said Dreamers "will be just fine" and noted that his position has "softened" and that there needs to be "a softening on both sides." [/B]Asked if he was going to talk about immigration in his Tuesday night address, Trump said he wasn't sure and asked Hope Hicks, the White House strategic communications director, to remind him later to consider adding it in.

To date, Trump has continued to press for a sweeping crackdown on immigration, promising to move forward with the construction of a border wall, empowering deportation officials, and attempting to temporarily ban immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries.

During an immigration-centric speech in Phoenix during the campaign, Trump also said those currently here illegally will have “one route and one route only” to legal status: return to their home country and apply through legal channels. It’s unclear whether Trump still would support that kind of provision.

According to C-SPAN political editor and anchor Steve Scully, who was present at the lunch, Trump also talked about North Korea, Obamacare, ISIS, China, and bringing down the cost of Air Force One.

Threats to Jewish Community Centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries were not discussed, though CBS News’ Scott Pelley did ask about Trump’s treatment of the media. Trump said “basically he just wants to be treated fairly by the press,” Scully said.

The lunch follows a similar dinner the night before at the White House with Trump and a group of 20 regional anchors.

Unlike the November meeting between Trump and television executives and anchors that grew heated, Tuesday’s meeting was calmer and Trump was described as “very cordial and charming” though another person present said he “had very basic knowledge of the topics."

First Lady Melania Trump also stopped by to say hello, though she did not stay for the entire meeting, and the guests dined on Peekytoe crab celery root salad, thyme-brined chicken with spinach gnocchi and a chocolate dulce de leche ice-cream dessert.

The meeting was likely the largest such lunch with television anchors ever at the White House, which Scully said was a credit to White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, who opened the lunch to outlets like Univision, Telemundo, C-SPAN, One America News Network, and Christian Broadcasting Network. The other person present at the meeting noted that unlike during the previous administration, this lunch meeting with the anchors was less constricted and the anchors were more free to use what was discussed.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...promise-235509
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-28-2017 at 08:58 PM.

MW
    I'm getting sick to my stomach reading some of this stuff. Trump must think we're all idiots, either that or he's an idiot. We all know that any type of legalization will eventually lead to citizenship. Furthermore, all of their future children will be born U.S. citizens.

Jeff Sessions, you need to get on the horn and set Trumps straight ..... and quick!
    Last edited by MW; 02-28-2017 at 09:28 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He's lost my trust no matter what he says. Now I know what his real intentions are. It makes me so angry.

And Stephen Miller. And Steve Bannon. What is happening? I just don't get it. It makes absolutely no sense. This won't just cost Trump his "base", it will cost him his black voters, his Latinos for Trump voters, it will cost him the Democrats and Independents who voted for him. I just feel sick. I can't believe this is happening.

So maybe it's not. Maybe it's not true. Maybe it's some misunderstanding of "schmooze" talk with the anchors, general talk, down the line, far down the road type of "maybe some day" type of talk, when we get all the criminals and lawbreakers out, all the visa overstays out, all the welfare users out, all the ones stealing American Jobs out, when we have a surplus of jobs, when we've balanced our budget, balanced our trade deficit, killed ISIS, completed the wall, paid off our debt, made friends with Russia, and etc., etc. etc. After all this is primarily coming from MSM anchors who as a rule can't get anything right when it comes to Trump.

Trump is in his motorcade on his way to the Capitol. They say the speech is 1 hr and 5 minutes.

I guess we'll find out soon whether our hero is really a demon.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-28-2017 at 09:39 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    And Stephen Miller. And Steve Bannon. What is happening? I just don't get it. It makes absolutely no sense. This won't just cost Trump his "base", it will cost him his black voters, his Latinos for Trump voters, it will cost him the Democrats and Independents who voted for him. I just feel sick. I can't believe this is happening.

So maybe it's not. Maybe it's not true. Maybe it's some misunderstanding of "schmooze" talk with the anchors, general talk, down the line, far down the road type of "maybe some day" type of talk, when we get all the criminals and lawbreakers out, all the visa overstays out, all the welfare users out, all the ones stealing American Jobs out, when we have a surplus of jobs, when we've balanced our budget, balanced our trade deficit, killed ISIS, completed the wall, paid off our debt, made friends with Russia, and etc., etc. etc. After all this is primarily coming from MSM anchors who as a rule can't get anything right when it comes to Trump.

Trump is in his motorcade on his way to the Capitol. They say the speech is 1 hr and 5 minutes.

From what I've been hearing over the last couple hours, that sounds like a lot of wishful thinking, Judy.

It's a shame the amnesty supporting crowd has won more of Trump's ear than Sessions, Bannon, and Miller.

I'm starting to think a lot of this may have to do with Trump's ego. The man just can't stand being hated by the left and constantly bashed in the media. I honestly believe the thinks he can commit any kind of atrocity, even on immigration, and keep his base. He wants to be known as a unifier, but what he may actually do is divide his base. Perhaps his base fed his ego too much during the campaign and spoiled him. Just a thought.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post

Judy, he may hold tonight off but we will see. That DACA page being updated is a reminder that he is open to amnesty and an even bigger amnesty.

Game playing with the citizenry is disrespectful. He has to be fully informed by Jeff Sessions, Stephen Miller, Steve Bannon about the decades long plans by the democrats for voters, by complicit countries, groups, businesses, by lawmakers, the globalists and others. Now President Trump has an opportunity to truly end illegal immigration and to point the finger at the offenders, where it belongs, the sending countries, the individuals, the parents, others. We, the American people, have suffered enough.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast