Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brown's victory not expected to affect immigration reform

Right on cue, the OBL and their allies like Barney Frank are pushing back and will try to get Senator-elect Brown to support amnesty. Please call him and others:
    ---

ojornal.com
    Brown's victory not expected to affect immigration reform
    By: LURDES C. DA SILVA 01/22/2010

BOSTON - Unlike health care reform, Republican Scott Brown's upset win in the Senate special election is not expected to have significant impact on immigration reform.

With Brown's victory Republicans gained the 41st vote they needed in the Senate to sustain a filibuster in the health reform bill. But as far as immigration reform, his vote is just one of many votes that still need to be conquered, say local officials and immigrant advocates.

"I don't think this has any negative impact on immigration," said Cong. Barney Frank (D-Mass.). "It's a tough issue, maybe one more vote would be better. But this does not make it harder. We're still working hard to get it on the agenda."

Eva A. Millona, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA), agrees.

"Immigration reform is a challenging issue, one more or one less vote is not going to make a huge difference. It does not change anything in the playing field. This is just one vote out of 100 votes [in the Senate]," she said.

Brown and MIRA do not always share the same views when it comes to immigrant issues - the senator elect opposes, for example, amnesty and giving driver's licenses and in-state tuition to illegal immigrant families, while the coalition has been actively fighting for it. But Millona said she liked what he had to say in his victory speech.

"Looking at his past record, he has not been a great friend of the foreign born, but I am hopeful, representing these people he will bond to the responsibilities of his words," she said.

"I did listen carefully to Senator elect Brown's speech and I am very hopeful that we can work with him given the language I heard," she added. "He said I am going to Washington not to represent any special interest group but to only conscience and represent the people of Massachusetts. I am really hopeful we can work with him. He said he has a lot to learn and we're very willing to being there to educate him and be a source of education."

For Michelle DePlante, community outreach coordinator for the International Institute of Rhode Island, the immigration reform issue transcends political parties.

"There are plenty of Democrat senators or representatives who do not support immigration reform, so it's not always about the party lines," she said.

Last Friday, as part of the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King birthday, the International Institute called for immigration reform as part of major nationwide mobilization.

"We're still pushing for it," said DePlante. "I am still trying to be hopeful and optimistic that at least we will get into some sort of meaningful conversation about reform. Everyone kind of recognizes it needs to happen, but there is a lot of disagreement about strategy and what needs to be included or not."

Last December, Cong. Luis V. Gutierrez, (D-Ill.) introduced legislation in the House that would open a path to legal status for millions of illegal immigrants, starting what it is expected to be a hard-fought battle.

Cong. James McGovern (D-Mass.) said on Wednesday that he does know if there is still a window of opportunity to pass immigration legislation in 2010.

"We need to do immigration reform, but we keep putting it off because it is a political football and some politicians demagogue the issue," he said.

McGovern also said the House is waiting on the Senate to act first.

"If the Senate can pass an immigration reform bill, I think we can pass one in the House too. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is trying to figure out if the Senate has the 60 votes because someone will try to filibuster the bill," he added.

McGovern said it is in the country's best interest to have undocumented individuals come forward and give them the opportunity to regularize their status.

"We need to figure a way to control our borders and illegal immigration in general, but the reality is that there are over 12 million people in this country who have an undocumented status," said McGovern. "I don't know how Mr. Brown stands on the bill but my hope is that he will work with Democrats and Republicans to try to move something forward that will help deal with the challenge of illegal immigration in this country."

http://www.ojornal.com/site/news.cfm?ne ... 3384&rfi=6
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does Senator Brown rent to illegal aliens Mr. Frank?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What overt propaganda!

Five sources listed in this article and each and every one of them supports Amnesty for illegal aliens unlike the American public of which 4 out of 5 oppose Amnesty.

People should write the editors of this rag and mock them for such overt bias.

Whole article with five sources all stacked the same way in favor of the views of an extreme minority.

W

Brown's victory is just the start. The American people are coming for unresponsive congressman who refuse to listen and who continue to act against the best interests of their constituents.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

"Looking at his past record, he has not been a great friend of the foreign born, but I am hopeful, representing these people he will bond to the responsibilities of his words," she said.

"I did listen carefully to Senator elect Brown's speech and I am very hopeful that we can work with him given the language I heard," she added. "He said I am going to Washington not to represent any special interest group but to only conscience and represent the people of Massachusetts. I am really hopeful we can work with him. He said he has a lot to learn and we're very willing to being there to educate him and be a source of education."
    Not a great friend of the foreign born? Why would he worry about what illegals think, as they are not allowed to be here in the first place, nor vote for him!
    And how arrogant and stupid. Are they going to be there to educate him about what he should think?

April
    Please read and distribute

Conservatives: Beware of McCain Regression Syndrome
    by Michelle Malkin
    http://www.alipac.us/article4860.html

If you would like to share your negative feelings about John McCain, how he is a traitor, how he is two faced, how he is a Globalist Amnesty pusher, or how you will not support those in league with him, etc...

Please contact

Sarah Palin
    http://palinforamerica.com/

and

Scott Brown
    http://www.brownforussenate.com/

and encourage others to do the same.

April, may I also share my negative feelings about Sarah Palin since she betrayed an accomplished and very qualified female Republican candidate for the US House of Representatives in the NY-23 race?

I think I will speak to Arizona. Arizona, retire John McCain. He's done enough damage to our country with his pro-illegal alien amnesty, shamnesty, "comprehensive immigration reform" BS, leading illegal aliens to think they were going to get amnesty instead of a deportation order, luring millions more into our country to steal jobs from Americans, deflate American wages, take up space in our schools, hospitals and prisons and expect Americas to pay for it.

Fools like the ones quoted in that article ask "what are we going to do with the 12 million illegal aliens who are already here", which just shows what liars they are, because there aren't 12 million illegal aliens in the United States, there's 12 million illegal aliens just in California!! So there's 20 or 30 million illegal aliens in the United States. I think 50 to 60 million counting their offspring. So what are we going to do with them? The laws says and the will of the American People demands that they be deported, sent home, denied benefits, denied jobs, denied housing, denied aid, denied abetting, denied harbor, denied refuge.

Illegal aliens aren't going to get amnesty, shamnesty, a guest worker permit or anything else from the American People. They're going to be fired, evicted and deported. And any politician who doesn't understand that is not fit to serve the American People in any capacity.

Wake up Arizona. Look around your state. Remember what it was like 30 years ago? Remember what it was like 20 years ago? Remember what it was liek 10 years ago? 5 years ago?

Enough said. Arizona, you passed a resolution 5 years ago to stop this madness in your state and at our border that in your state. Proposition 200. Remember what happened? Yep. Your Governor Janet Napolitano REFUSED to execute its terms. So what happened? The illegal aliens stayed sucking your coffers dry and Janet moves on up to DC to a big job as get this: Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Did John McCain vote for her confirmation? Why he most certainly did! So a woman who thwarted the will of the people of Arizona as Governor is aided on the federal level to perpetuate that disgrace in a confirmation vote by your own US Senator, John McCain.

How long will you allow these traitors to stick your heads in your own toilets and flush? Aren't you sick and tired of being pushed around and bullied in your own state by your own elected politicians? Your own former Governor who should have been recalled for her response to Proposition 200, and your own Senior US Senator who as we can surely see now, should have been put out to pasture a decade ago??!!

Do the right thing, Arizona. Do the right thing and retire John McCain. How can we ask Democrats in Nevada to retire Harry Reid, if Republicans in Arizona won't retire John McCain?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The only "reform" I want to see is one heavy on enforcement and deportations of all illegal aliens!

Anything less is a slap in the face to me and millions of other "foreign born" who came here legally.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    The only "reform" I want to see is one heavy on enforcement and deportations of all illegal aliens!

Anything less is a slap in the face to me and millions of other "foreign born" who came here legally.
    I agree 110% miguelina. I want all illegal aliens and their minor children deported without mercy, exception or excuse on the earliest date possible. They have so adversely impacted our country, it's just staggering, and while they aren't responsible for the additional adverse consequences of free trade treason, it was in fact the same people who let them in and let them stay who were simultaneously shipping our manufacturing base out of the country and costing our nation over 30 million jobs in the process.

It is indeed a slap in the face of every US citizen and every foreign born who came here legally. It's the same as them sticking our heads in a toilet and flushing. These are the Globalist Bullies intent upon ruling the world and turning not only Americans but the citizens of all nations into their slaves and serfs.

Americans must make these 2010 elections count for all they're worth. We must unseat every traitor incumbent on the ballot and replace them with bona fide Americans who will honor their oaths, enforce our laws, protect our economy and defend our nation.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yup, this article is another example of extremely biased agenda-driven "journalism" that directly contradicts more credible reports that show the Dems (properly) want to back off this controversial issue (see the Politico article from yesterday for example).

I hesitated even posting this, but thought I should just so we're aware to stay on guard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast