Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bush to American people: Trust me

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/06/bush.malveaux/

Bush to American people: Trust me

CNN -- President Bush Thursday outlined his vision of the war on terror in what the White House billed as a "major" policy address. CNN correspondent Suzanne Malveaux reported live outside the White House after Bush's address, speaking with anchor Daryn Kagan.

MALVEAUX: Well, of course, we were listening very carefully to see if there were new details or unprecedented details, as the White House said, in terms of Iraq and the war on terror. There was one particular sentence that stood out here.

President Bush essentially telling the American people to "trust me here." "You don't know what we're doing. Even the things you don't know here, we are succeeding when it comes to the war on terror." He specifically talked about for the first time terrorist plots that have been disrupted since 9/11.

PRESIDENT BUSH (in speech): Overall, the United States and our partners have disrupted at least 10 serious al Qaeda terrorist plots since September the 11th, including three al Qaeda plots to attack inside the United States. We've stopped at least five more al Qaeda efforts to case targets in the United States or infiltrate operatives into our country.

Because of this steady progress, the enemy is wounded. But the enemy is still capable of global operations.

MALVEAUX: Now, Daryn, really this is a typical White House strategy that it uses. The president goes forward and asks for Americans to trust him, saying that even the things that you do not see on television, perhaps all this bad news, we counter it with things that we're doing behind the scenes, things that you can't even identify or see.

That is what the president did today. But, of course, he also broadened this out as well, saying that, look, there is going to be plenty of sacrifice ahead, warning of continued violence, and also asking, urging the American people to be patient.

BUSH (in speech): No act of ours invited the rage of the killers. And no concession, bribe or act of appeasement would change or limit their plans for murder. On the contrary, they target nations whose behavior they believe they can change through violence.

Against such an enemy there is only one effective response. We will never back down, never give in and never accept anything less than complete victory.

MALVEAUX: So, Daryn, of course the president directly taking on his critics there, saying, of course, now is not the time for U.S. troops to pull out of Iraq. This, of course, comes at a time when the president faces some dwindling poll numbers, poll numbers that show many Americans have lost faith in the U.S. mission in Iraq.

It also comes at a really important time here for Iraqis themselves. In about a week or so is when they're going to be voting on their constitution. It is widely expected, the president has even warned, that they expect an uptick in violence in the next seven days -- Daryn.

KAGAN: And Suzanne, not to just address his critics, but perhaps re-energize his base at a time when conservatives -- the conversation of the recent week has been that they're not too happy with his selection for a nomination for the next Supreme Court justice.

MALVEAUX: It's an interesting parallel when you look at this, Daryn, because it really is a strategy that this White House uses. The president puts forward, he takes a chance and says, trust me on this one, I'm doing the right thing.

It comes to Harriet Miers, his Supreme Court pick, that is the message he's putting forward to conservatives. Today he is addressing the American people, saying, again, trust me on this, there are things that are going on behind the scenes that you're not even aware of that prove that perhaps this U.S. mission in Iraq is a success after all.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Here's the transcript to his speech, and I didn't see anything on border security. Sorry but I do not trust you Mr. Bush.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/po ... 00605.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The American public should never be asked to just "TRUST" the President in a free and open government.

We do not elect a President to have someone to "Trust". That's big brother talk there.

I'll trust my friends and loved ones. I support or oppose a politician and once elected expect them to do the job with oversight from the public, press, and other lawmaking bodies.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, this "Trust Me" thing is getting very old.

Now in New York, there's an undefined threat by an undefined group of people who may or may not have plans to cause some kind of undefined damage, but the people aren't being told any specifics. Just "Trust Us", and go about your business.

Why bother making the annoucement at all if you're not going to tell us anything? Is this just another cynical attempt to manipulate public opinion after the big terror speech today?

Of course, it's the same thing with the new SC nominee. The President "knows her heart", so we just need to trust him on this, as well.

Sorry, not me. Not any more.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

From Bush's speach

an excerpt from his speech today....

President Bush: "Osama bin Laden says his own role is to tell Muslims, quote, "what is good for them and what is not." And what this man who grew up in wealth and privilege considers good for poor Muslims is that they become killers and suicide bombers. "

Bush continues..."He assures them that this is the road to paradise, though he never offers to go along for the ride."

When he was came to this part in his speech, I couldn't help but turn the rhetoric back on him and his policies regarding open borders...

my quote... "Bush says his own role is to tell Americans, quote, "what is good for them and what is not." (regarding immigration)...And what this man (Bush) who grew up in wealth and privilege considers good for Americans is that they accept the criminals and live side by side in harmony."

Trust him? Not on this or anything else. He has no idea what we're going through with this invasion.

platitudes

Yep, this is more of the check is in the mail, the dog ate my homework,

and I won't......go on. cheers glenn

Yeah Bush, trust you?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah sure booshie.

I trust you with my future, my life, my children’s life and the well being of my country.

I would not trust you to plunge my toilet, you may try to sell what you find and peddle more poopsicles
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME