Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush to push for more lenient immigrant laws

LINK to original article

Bush to push for more lenient immigration laws

By RON HUTCHESON

Knight Ridder Newspapers

WACO, Texas - President Bush told Mexican President Vicente Fox on Wednesday that he would keep pushing for more lenient immigration laws, but said he couldn't guarantee that Congress would go along.

Bush renewed his commitment to a guest-worker program during a daylong summit with Fox and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin. The leaders pledged to work together on a host of issues, but they acknowledged some of the differences that have strained relations in the past.

Bush's failure to win congressional approval for more lenient immigration laws has been a sore point with Fox.

"You've got my pledge - I'll continue working on it," Bush told Fox during a joint news conference here at Baylor University. "You don't have my pledge that Congress will act because I'm not a member of the legislative branch."

Bush's guest-worker plan would let several million immigrants who are in the country illegally become legal by getting temporary work visas. The idea has stalled in Congress because of opposition from both parties.

Some Republicans oppose Bush's call for more open borders. Some Democrats think Bush is more concerned about providing cheap labor for businesses than he is about making life easier for foreign workers.

A study released earlier this week concluded that the illegal immigrant population has reached an all-time high of nearly 11 million. The study by the Pew Hispanic Center, a private research group based in Washington, also found that undocumented Mexicans accounted for 57 percent of all illegal entrants.

Bush said his goal is to match workers with jobs.

"That job ought to be filled on a legal basis, no matter where the person comes from. That makes sense," Bush said. The president also echoed Fox's criticism of citizen groups in border states that seek to catch and detain illegal immigrants entering the United States.

"I'm against vigilantes," Bush said. "That's why you got a border patrol, and they ought to be in charge of enforcing the border."

After their news conference, Fox and Martin joined Bush at his 1,600-acre ranch in nearby Crawford. Taking advantage of a beautiful spring day, the president took his guests on a tour of the property and then hosted a luncheon of grilled chicken breasts and fried shrimp, followed by chocolate chip brownies with vanilla ice cream.

In a joint statement, the three leaders announced the creation of a "Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America," which is intended to encourage cooperation on problems ranging from terrorism to traffic jams at border crossings.

As part of the effort, officials from the three governments will work together over the next three months to come up with steps to improve security, commerce and the quality of life throughout North America.

But for all the talk of cooperation, Bush and his guests remained apart on some issues. Martin flatly ruled out Canadian participation in Bush's plan for a missile defense system for North America, telling a Canadian journalist that "the file is closed" on that issue.

Martin also prodded Bush to ease U.S. import restrictions on Canadian lumber and Canadian beef. Some Canadian lumber is subject to trade duties, and beef imports have been banned because of concerns about mad-cow disease.

"Look, we've got differences," Bush said. "I understand why people disagree with certain decisions I have made, but that doesn't prevent us from cooperating."

Why? President Bush, why are you turning your back away from what the American people want you to do? We all know this is your last term and you can't run again; but why do you want to hurt your own country and your own people? I can't imagine why on earth you would think that you would be considered another 'great president'. You aren't. You want to know why? You didn't care about your own people enough to ask or understand what WE wanted. I imagine you only cared about what you could do for NON-AMERICANS. Big Business is your only interest. You don't care about 'family values'. You only care about 'what's in it for me'. You are a SHAMEFUL PRESIDENT, MR BUSH, BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE, AND WOULD TRADE OUR SECURITY, CULTURE, OUR VALUES, OUR BELIEFS, FOR ANY PROFIT GRANTED TO YOU.

I'm sorry. I may be overacting in some peoples eyes. But I am mad!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

From Dobbs Tonight: DON'T miss it!

"I'm against vigilantes," Bush said. "

Well, there ya have it. Do you recall Bush saying, when he was first elected, maybe before that he didn't like protesters?? I guess he dislikes them enough to lie. Be sure to watch Dobbs tonight. They have the vocal of all this.

NEW LOU DOBBS POLL:

Are you offended by President Bush's decision to side with Mexican President Vicente Fox in calling U.S. citizens who volunteer to monitor the border "vigilantes"?

Yes 94% 1064 votes

No 6% 63 votes

Total: 1127 votes

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AuntB
    NEW LOU DOBBS POLL:

Are you offended by President Bush's decision to side with Mexican President Vicente Fox in calling U.S. citizens who volunteer to monitor the border "vigilantes"?

Yes 94% 1064 votes

No 6% 63 votes

Total: 1127 votes
    The 63 votes must be Fox and friends and I don't mean FoxNews Network's "FoxandFriends."

UPDATED POLL RESULTS

Yes 95% 5952 votes

No 5% 328 votes

Total: 6280 votes
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Bush's 'Vigilante' remark that confirms Vicente' as illegal

Dear Friends against illegal immigration:

Americans who overwhelmingly support LEGAL Immigration find it felonious violation of Presidential Oath to have President Bush continue to support violation of his own People and Country.
    President Bush fired THE SHOT today against his own Americans because he is sick of Americans complaints and wants to be a dictator over 'We the People' and do as he says even though it brings Americans harm to themselves.

President Bush's agenda is THE PLAN of Supra-Rich Elites that cares not for any such United States solvency or Sovereignty but for sheer GREED and NEW WORLD POWER CONTROL. All Americans should find out about the "Free" Trade deals which are not "FREE" just like NAFTA has been and oppose them and make sure your Representative and Senators are hounded to defeat them. Please see www.stoptheftaa.org

What has President Bush helped the United States with lately as America sits with exploding trade and budget deficeits, China stealing military secrets and technology, illegal Aliens everywhere pillaging and raping, outsourcing U.S. jobs and national defense contracts, NON- homeland security, $3.00/gallon gas!!!!!.......gee, let's talk about Social Security and Terry Schiavo.

President Bush than starts talking---just like TODAY at the SUMMIT ----"integrated democracy, freedom and global prosperity through trade in a multicultural community..will bring prosperity and freedom to ALL ..in our global.....blah,blah, blah,blah........

President Bush says, "nothing wrong with my U.S. Nation - all is peachy to Plan". Does President Bush,remember what Country he is the President of and the oath he took??
    It's the United States, STUPID. It's the U.S. Constitution, STUPID?? What about Border Security, STUPID?? How about American factories and prosperity, STUPID??

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH is the FIRST U.S. PRESIDENT to NOT WANT TO IMPROVE THE Well-being of American Citizens and NOT seek TO PROTECT AND DEFEND THE U.S. COUNTRY. THIS IS A COMPLETE ABBROGATION OF RESPONSIBILITY AND WORSE SO - IT IS THE DELIBERATE ASSAULT against The President's DISLIKED AMERICAN PEOPLE. President Bush has lost all Wartime, Terror protection prestige and lacks credibility to do ANYTHING POSITIVE FOR THE UNITED STATES.

President Bush is becoming the WORST President in U.S. History as he damages his own Country and People. The Superpower U.S. becomes the Broke Feeble Pushover under President Bush. What kind of a U.S. Country are the U.S. Troops fighting for?? President Bush should be impeached. The majority of Americans FULLY REJECT the U.N. and global agendas of the Bush administration.

RonLaws:

You have just said what I've been saying for years. This guy is a complete sellout traitor. I really question those who still think he's supportable. Even posters on this board who I find very honorable and know what's going on, I still question to them, why do you still support this guy even after all the damage he's done? I am really curious. I have nothing, but respect for all those who post here and I wouldn't think any less of you regardless of what your answer is. I might debate why, but I would love to know. How can you support a president who has left our borders open despite 9-11? How can you support a president who put our troops in harms way in Iraq on suspect reasons while allowing an invasion of our country from our neighbor down south without even firing a shot? How can you support a president who allows a foreign leader to trample on our sovereignty without recourse? I mean he wouldn't dare let Bin Laden do this, but yet he allows Fox to.

Ok take away the illegal alien issue. How can you support a president who refuses to stop massive deficit spending? How can you support a president who expands government on a whim and passes out massive entitlement programs and foreign aide like it's candy?

Like RonLaws said, this guy seems to care more about worldly interest then he does the interest of those who put him in office and will bow at the altar of globalism at the expense of our sovereignty. This man should be impeached. If Congress can impeach a president who lied under oath about his sexual affairs with interns then why not this? Bush has done just as much damage to our country as the dishonorable Clinton. But we all know that Congress the do nothings that they are don't have the guts so why bother? 4 more years of El Pandering Presidente.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ronlaws and Dman: Spot on, both of you. Bush is arrogant in his push for a new world order. Not a dimes worth of difference between him and his neo-cons vs. the "other side" e.g. fellow Skull & Bonesman Kerry and his ilk.

What is a republic to do? I say fire them all. Grassroots orgs need to have term limits put in place for all of the congressmen. A fresh group of patriots every 2 terms will be more likely to refer to the Constitution when laws are made, or when the other two branches begin usurping power.
    "Never suppose that in any possible situation, or under any circumstances, it is best for you to do a dishonorable thing..." --Thomas Jefferson