Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush's betrayal of Americans, in favor of the Mexicans

http://whatheidisays.blogspot.com/20...izens-who.html

I believe strongly that President Bush did a huge disservice to the Minuteman volunteers by calling them "vigilantes". That statement alone indicates his ignorance about their mission statement and their origins. This volunteer effort is designed to focus attention on the border issue as all previous efforts have failed. The founders of the Minuteman Project are the same as the leaders of the Civil Homeland Defense - a hugely successful civilian volunteer operation that has helped observe, report, and deport 5000 illegals over the past five years. They've worked very long and diligently to prove their usefulness and commitment to an issue that the federal government has undermanned and de-prioritized. In five years, they have NEVER had a confrontational or violent incident - and their track record has proven their professionalism.

And yet here is President Bush, completely devaluing 5 years of invaluable unpaid service to this country. More worrisome to me, is that his disregard for the volunteers and his label of "vigilantes" IMPLIES that they will EARN anything that comes to them.

Shame on you, President Bush. It was your duty to learn more about the Minuteman Project before labeling it. You have a staff of hundreds who only needed to press a few keys to Google the Project and make a few phone calls. Your laxity in this area raises huge doubts in my mind. Did you take Vicente Fox's version of the Project, or did you just refuse to learn more? A true leader would have done neither. Either way, you've hung these private citizens and volunteers out to dry - and they deserve much better from you! They are doing a job with conviction and professionalism - and accomplishing for our country and national security what you refuse to do.

Should the MS-13 gang follow through on their threats and attack the volunteers, millions of lazy, uninformed American citizens as ignorant as you will shake their heads and say, "Well, they had it comin'!" And that, Mr. President, is a betrayal of the ideals our country is founded on. This one single issue, your complete lack of commitment to secure our borders, will be the your downfall and a dishonorable stain on an previously admirable Presidential record.
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

I couldn't have said it better myself.
    RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Should the MS-13 gang follow through on their threats and attack the volunteers, millions of lazy, uninformed American citizens as ignorant as you will shake their heads and say, "Well, they had it comin'!"
    I disagree. I think if that happens the opposite will take affect. I think you will see millions of previously lazy, uniformed American citizens start to wonder why the heck were they allowed to just walk through our borders and kill them in the first place. Believe me if an incident of this magnitude happens it's going to make Bush look even worse then he does already on this issue.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Seems like Mr. Bush is thinking about running for president of Mexico
    in 2009.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Welcome to ALIPAC Heidi

How did u find us?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    Should the MS-13 gang follow through on their threats and attack the volunteers, millions of lazy, uninformed American citizens as ignorant as you will shake their heads and say, "Well, they had it comin'!"
    I disagree. I think if that happens the opposite will take affect. I think you will see millions of previously lazy, uniformed American citizens start to wonder why the heck were they allowed to just walk through our borders and kill them in the first place. Believe me if an incident of this magnitude happens it's going to make Bush look even worse then he does already on this issue.
    Well, dman, I'd be the first to say I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I would hope that the Minutemen being attacked by gangsters would have the same galvanizing effect 9/11 did for the War on Terrorism.

But the crucial differences are:
    1) the passengers & World Trade center employees who died on 9/11 were just civilians going about their daily business. So unlike the innocent of 9/11, the Minutemen have volunteered themselves into a volatile situation.
    2) our President himself has publicly slandered the Minutemen and labeled them "vigilantes". He's distanced himself from them, and made them sound like a lawless posse. Many groups like La Raza and the Mexican government will pounce on that label and make sure it STICKS no matter what, because it protects their own agenda.
    3) our President WANTED to fight the War on Terrorism, and 9/11 was the call to action. He does NOT want to fight the War on Illegal Immigration. The man has shown a propensity for doing what he wants. I think he'll be just as determined to resist doing what he DOESN'T want.

Anyways, I hope I'm wrong. It's just that the Minutemen have the deck stacked against them - namely, our own government and leaders. It's a cryin' shame and our forefathers would be horrified.
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Welcome to ALIPAC Heidi

How did u find us?

W
    HI W, thanks for the warm welcome. I have your site as an official link on my own blog, but for the life of me I cannot remember where I first came across you guys. It may have been a link from a link from another link...

I've been visiting and reading for awhile, and decided to donate $$ and register - basically put my money and my words where my big mouth is! It was after I read the thread about the Free Republic closing down the 500 post topic because it was anti-Bush, that I realized you guys were like me - no compromise on the issue just because the Prez is a "good guy". He's making a huge mistake and we cannot let it slide just because he's doing other things well, or because he's from our "side".

So anyways, here I am - ready and willing to add my 2 cents - even if it means preaching to the choir. LOL