Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL: "The Most Corrupt State in The Country outside of Mexico"

BUSH'S STAND ON ILLEGALS MAKES NO SENSE

BUSH'S STAND ON ILLEGALS MAKES NO SENSE

Ten percent of Mexico is in America.

Not the territory, the population.

Ten percent of the population of the Republic of Mexico lives illegally in the United States of America.

And it’s only getting worse. The number of Mexican citizens crossing illegally into the United States each day is in the tens of thousands. Which proves Mexico has a better president than we do.

Here’s how I figure.

The vast majority of Mexicans want free immigration into the United States. The vast majority of Americans don’t.

Score one for them.

The vast majority of Americans want a physical wall built along the Mexican border. The vast majority of Mexicans don’t.

Score two for them.

Illegal Mexican immigration into the United States helps the economy of Mexico and hurts the economy of the United States.

Score three for them.

Their president says he will encourage illegal immigration. Our president says he will discourage it.

Their president actually did and our president actually didn’t.

Score four for them.

Which is about game, set, match.

And it only got worse this week when George W. Bush stood up in Orange County, California, and said things that could only make Mexicans cheer and Americans sob. Our captain seems to be playing for the wrong team.

Here are some examples.

George W. Bush said two things were certain: We can’t deport illegal aliens and we can’t punish businesses that employ them. The problem with that is that a full 50 percent of Americans – a number far higher than his own personal popularity – favor deportation for all illegal aliens in this country.

And an even higher percentage favor strict sanctions on people who hire illegals.

Which essentially means the president has thumbed his nose at the people.

The president says the cornerstone of his immigration reform is a guest worker program and eventual citizenship for illegals here now. Both those viewpoints are also opposed by the majority of Americans.

Further, George W. Bush said that the Border Patrol was not in the business of capturing or stopping illegal aliens. Rather, he wants them to look for contraband and terrorists. He specifically does not want the Border Patrol involved in stopping the people streaming across our border.

Which, again, is just opposite of what the American people want and expect.

The president also described legislation being discussed in the Senate as an “important compromise.” It is, of course, nothing of the sort. It is one extreme position. It is the wildly pro-illegal immigration position. A compromise would be the middle ground between to points, not one point at the exclusion of the other.

He has essentially endorsed the Teddy Kennedy plan for alien normalization. Which explains why one of the first and loudest voices of praise for the president’s remarks came from Senator Kennedy.

Finally, the president told the Orange County crowd – a group of businesspeople generally uncomfortable with the flood of aliens – that the illegal immigrants are “decent, hard-working people” who “need to be treated with respect.”

Which gets back to the point that Mexico has a better president than we do. There’s no doubt that the Mexican president stands up for his country. There’s no evidence that the American president stands up for his.

Rather, he seems to sell our interests – and our opinions – down the river.

Which gets back to the midterm elections. George W. Bush is about 12 months away from impeachment hearings if the Democrats take over the Congress, and the way things are going they’re apt to get at least half of it come November.

Why?

Because the Republican Party has turned off the Republicans.

Half the country hated Bush the day he was elected. The other half liked him. The dramatic swing in support numbers shows that it’s not Democrats who are ticked at Bush, it’s Republicans. His support has evaporated – among the people who put him in office. Among the Republicans. Especially the conservative Republicans.

And the president’s stance on illegal immigration is one of the major reasons for that. Between the debt he has accumulated and the millions of illegals he has let sneak into our country, it is quite likely that the negative effect of this presidency will be felt for decades and decades.

And that’s not a Democrat saying that, it’s a Republican.

George W. Bush has abandoned our values and our borders. And we’re abandoning him.

And that might leave us with a Democrat next go ‘round, but it’s hard to believe that could be any worse.

- by Bob Lonsberry © 2006

http://www.boblonsberry.com/writings.cf ... =1894&go=4
    "IMPEACH JORGE BUSH NOW!!"

Nice post federali,

You're right our president has turned a blind eye towards the American people, his support is dwindling all across the board. His own conservative republicans are withdrawing their support too, it's sad that it has come to this.

My vote is going to tancredo...right now I don't care what other issues are at hand, those supporting a stricter enforcement of immigration laws, tighter border security, and cracking down on employers that hire these illegals will get my vote.

I was watching a clip on youtube.com that featured Jim Ghilrist..spelling might be off but he's the founder of the minutemen, he stated that with tackling this issue head on and not giving in to corporate america and pro-illegal groups so many other things will fall into line.

For example: Our education problem, a ton of public schools are being underbudgeted and overcrowded....why??...illegal immigrants and their anchor babies.

Healthcare: another big issue, once we enforce our immigration laws. This problem will deflate enormously.

Once the government get's in control of it's borders and illegal immigrants who are already here, then eventually everything else will fall into line. It's a domino effect.

Vote for Tancredo

I agree. The Decider has a complete indifference to his own people and their desires. Guess he figures as a lame duck he'll just do as he pleases. And I agree, USCitizen, that a lot of our societal pressures could be alleviated by spending some money and effort on securing the border, punishing employers and internal enforcement. For example, our public school systems are drowning in non-English speakers, many many of whom are here illegally. We keep building more schools, cutting programs, etc. all so we can devote more resources to educate these children who are barely literate in their own language. Meanwhile, the quality of American children's education is going down the tubes. If things persist as they are today, I see myself either spending money to send my kids to private school or home schooling them to make sure they get a quality education. But, hey, the Decider has spoken. I guess we're all supposed to nod our heads and agree to let illegal immigrants have it all.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Don't heap all of this on Bush, even though i'm sure he's living up to the promises he made to his Texas buds that he would make sure they made millions during his term, we must remember that our so called representives like Bill Frist, John McCain and the other Republican liberals we voters placed into office beleive we have such a short memory that we will forget they stabbed us in the back again when it comes time to vote. As I read in an article earlier today " I'm going to vote for whom ever is strongest on immigration laws be they Republication or Democratic"

Outstanding article, and sooooo true about Real Republicans.

Get the Traitors out of our party, out of our government, and if there is some way to get them out of the country, I support Exile too!!

I sure hope the Real Republicans still in Congress will hear this message loud and clear and start standing by the American People which means....get the Traitor out of the White House.

It doesn't matter whether Scott McClellan tells us the the latest Wackident Wackiness or Tony Show....the Wackident is still insance and he is still a traitor and I'm a 4th generation Republican who voted for this ManiaX twice...while I was unfortunately asleep at my own wheel.

"As God is my witness", I will never sleep at my own wheel again.

Stand up Republicans. This is our mess and we need to fix it....NOW..or forever be remembered as the Party That Ended the United States.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hey Everyone....the writer of the above article has a POLL!! Click on the link and vote....the question is "what is the top issue" and he has illegal immigration on it!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just added to Polls.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Voted in it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)