Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman

Yes he has announced and Whitman is running radio ads against him.
    i know but maybe he hadn't announced at the time. nevertheless i think i may of heard all i need to about MEGAMNESTY. based on this newfound info i shall forthwith donate double to Steve 'let's get it done' Poizner.

have a nice day

afp

I dont trust Meg as far as I could throw her! I've mentioned before that I used to have an eBay store until 2006 and was active on thier boards-so I got a good feel for who Meg is and how sellers felt about her. They were not happy with her at all. She might be a fiscal conservative, but she is a social liberal.

Poizner is sounding better every day, but we have to wait and see if he slips up also.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    I dont trust Meg as far as I could throw her! I've mentioned before that I used to have an eBay store until 2006 and was active on thier boards-so I got a good feel for who Meg is and how sellers felt about her. They were not happy with her at all. She might be a fiscal conservative, but she is a social liberal.

Poizner is sounding better every day, but we have to wait and see if he slips up also.
    The real problem is Poizner does not stand a chance against Jerry Brown.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

CIR--

“If Congress fails to pass comprehensive immigration reform with enhanced border security,â€

Field Poll: Whitman trounces Poizner, edges Brown

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Field Poll: Meg Whitman trounces Steve Poizner, edges Jerry Brown

Sacramento Bee

Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman has built a massive edge over her GOP rival Steve Poizner while taking a narrow lead over likely Democratic nominee Jerry Brown, according to results released today by the nonpartisan Field Poll.

Her move is a major feat in a state where Democratic voters far outnumber Republicans.

Whitman won the support of 63 percent of likely Republican primary voters while Poizner was backed by only 14 percent, with Whitman's lead growing by 21 percentage-points since the Field Poll last surveyed voters in January.

Whitman also overtook Brown in a possible general election matchup, winning the support of 46 percent of likely voters compared with Brown's 43 percent, the poll found. Brown had led Whitman by 10 percentage points in the January poll and by 21 points in October.

Whitman has gained momentum as she's blanketed the state in TV ads touting her decade-long tenure as CEO of the online auction firm eBay and listing reasons "why we can't trust Steve Poizner."

Poizner, another former Silicon Valley CEO, debuted his first and only ad last month, while Brown has stayed off the airwaves and not appeared in campaign events. Brown, a former governor of California and current attorney general, has counted on his high name recognition among state voters to boost his chances.

"The question now is what does this mean for the Brown camp?" said Field Poll director Mark DiCamillo. "Do you let Whitman have the airwaves to herself without any response from Brown?"

Poizner, who is the state's insurance commissioner, has said his support will grow as he runs more advertisements, but DiCamillo called overcoming his nearly 50-point deficit a "monumental" challenge.

Poizner tried to gain traction during the past weekend's state Republican convention and in Monday night's debate with Whitman, their first ever, by billing himself as the true conservative in the race.

That included taking more conservative stands on immigration, saying he would deny state services to all illegal immigrants, and supporting the suspension of a state law requiring California to lower its greenhouse gas emissions until the state's unemployment rate is 5.5 percent or lower for a year.

The Field Poll, completed before the impact of Monday's debate could be measured, found Poizner still trailing Whitman by 47 percentage points among respondents who identified themselves as "strong conservatives," a group making up about half of Republican voters.

"There is no segment of the GOP voter population where he's doing particularly well," DiCamillo said.

Voter impressions could still be malleable about 2½ months before the primary, especially as Poizner and Brown join Whitman on the airwaves, DiCamillo said.

Reese Oldham, a retired Republican peace officer in Coalinga, said he didn't know much about either GOP candidate but preferred Whitman based on a negative TV ad run by the Whitman campaign highlighting Poizner's 2000 contribution to then-Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore.

"Anyone who'll give money to Al Gore kind of shuts me down," Oldham said. "I knew about that just from her ad. That's all I have to go by out here."

Whitman's ads, which don't mention her party affiliation or the fact that she once gave money to liberal U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer, also appear to have persuaded some decline-to-state voters, who make up about a fifth of California's registered voters. Democrats make up 45 percent of state voters while Republicans make up 31 percent.

The Field Poll found 50 percent of decline-to-state voters backing Whitman in a general election matchup with Brown, while 36 percent supported Brown. In such a two-person race, 77 percent of Republicans backed Whitman, while 69 percent of Democrats chose Brown.

Whitman's feat bucks past Field Poll findings that saw decline-to-state voters leaning Democratic.

"Nationwide, this is a difficult year for Democrats so Republicans are doing well in many areas that have recently leaned Democrat," said Jack Pitney, a political science professor at Claremont McKenna College.

Seal Beach resident Ronde Winkler, a decline-to-state voter, said she would vote for Whitman over Brown, although she had supported President Barack Obama in the 2008 election. Winkler attended a talk Whitman gave Tuesday afternoon at the Leisure World senior community where Winkler lives.

"I would vote for (Whitman) in a heartbeat," she said. "I believe Jerry Brown was a politician and his dad was a politician. You end up owing lobbyists and owing too much money to everybody."

With Republicans struggling for years to make headway in statewide races, Whitman's strength in the poll suggests she could break new ground this year, DiCamillo said.

"There hasn't been a statewide Republican candidate who's been that competitive, and it looks like we have that here," he said. "And that's big news."

The Field Poll interviewed 748 likely general election voters and 353 likely Republican primary voters from March 9 to 15. The survey has a 3.7-percentage-point margin of error in its general election results and a 5.5-point margin of error in the Republican primary numbers.

http://calchamber2010.com/modules/artic ... g4dtgg%261
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSoCal

The real problem is Poizner does not stand a chance against Jerry Brown.
    Jerry Brown was NOT a popular governor here if memory serves me right. Both Meg and Poizner are running on a conservative platform and that seems to be "whats popular" now that we are in a financial crapper.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RELATED

Steve Poizner for Governer, see his NEW AD

http://stevepoizner.com/

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1033089.html#1033089
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jerry Brown was NOT a popular governor here if memory serves me right. Both Meg and Poizner are running on a conservative platform and that seems to be "whats popular" now that we are in a financial crapper.
    He was popular enough to get elected to two 4 year terms back then.
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Ok, my memory was a bit fuzzy for that time period. I was young, foolish and not following politics. How popular was he when he left office?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Ok, my memory was a bit fuzzy for that time period. I was young, foolish and not following politics. How popular was he when he left office?
    Apparently not popular enough to get re-elected for a 3rd term.
    NO AMNESTY

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast