Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oops my bad. I was rushing and didn't see the (sort of) answers to my questions--but I'm BobC, not JP as you addressed your reply. Anyway...

So the Columbian equivalent of minimum wage is about $150 per month with some vaguely defined "benefits?" So let's see, if we open free trade with Columbia, for instance, we can look forward to our wages either falling to that level, which would throw us into a World wide depression since the whole world depends on OUR BUYING POWER, OR we will simply become unemployed as all of our jobs are taken by desperate, impovershed Thrid Worlders.

Wow sign me up.

Guys our own government is architecting our demise.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC

Guys our own government is architecting our demise.
    Rush would call you a left wing conspiracy wacko. I call you a very perceptive person.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

BobC -- I am a super optimist with respect to the Future

BobC -- I am a super optimist with respect to the Future

BobC .... Forgive me for the mistake of not addressing my post with answers to you.

You said :

So the Columbian equivalent of minimum wage is about $150 per month with some vaguely defined "benefits?" So let's see, if we open free trade with Columbia, for instance, we can look forward to our wages either falling to that level, which would throw us into a World wide depression since the whole world depends on OUR BUYING POWER, OR we will simply become unemployed as all of our jobs are taken by desperate, impovershed Third Worlders.

BobC, Things are not so desperate, horrible or crazy in the USA, in CAFTA or in Colombia. I don't want to fill this Forum with one million reasons that I have to be Pro CAFTA, Pro USA and Pro Latin America.

To all members of the ALIPAC Forum
    Including our friends BobC, JP, Judy, etc :

In case that you have lots of time available then you can have these two options :

1) Write to me to

vicenteduque@hotmail.com

or

2) Register and participate in my Forum :

http://fashyon.com

Then I can continue this conversastion listening carefully and respectfully to what you say.

But I won't be filling this Forum with tons and tons of paragraphs, data, statistics, forecasts and economic projections.

Thanks for talking to me.

Vicente Duque

Vicente- this forum is here for this kind of information. I have never once heard any credible argument as to how this CAFTA thing is going to help the average American, so I was hoping you might provide that information. So far, I have heard extremely good arguments as to how this agreement might slightly help Central America, while helping to shove jobs out of my nation.

I never said things were apocalyptic here in the US. What I do see is our government is no longer serving our nation.

In case that you have lots of time available then you can have these two options :
    I actually don’t have enough time. My duty is to my country and convincing our political leaders to vote No on CAFTA. There have been protests throughout Central America as well against CAFTA. You can pressure your government any way you like, but CAFTA will not be good for any of the countries involved, save a handful of elitist corporations.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

BobC, thanks for being my friend. I need you a lot.

BobC, thanks for being my friend.

Free Trade and Its Effects on the U.S. Food Supply

Katherine Silkaitis, Senior Honors Thesis, April 2005

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:eD ... n%22&hl=en

NAFTA has quadrupled American Agricultural Exports to Mexico

This is what has happened to Agricultural Exports in the 10 years of NAFTA. The data are for Year 2004 Exports :

American Agricultural Exports to Mexico have quadrupled to $6.8 billion.

The U.S. Agriculture Exports to Mexico that have shown the greatest growth since NAFTA include maize, rice, sorghum, cotton, processed potatoes, fresh apples, and pears.

Mexican Agruculture Exports to the United States have doubled in value, from $2.5 billion to $5.1 billion.

Vicente Duque

Sugar Districts Congressmen vote YES for CAFTA

Sugar Districts Congressmen vote YES for CAFTA

Sources :

Bloomberg :
    House Committee Backs Cafta; Senate Prepares to Vote (Update2)

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... world_news

Palm Beach Post :
    Senate narrowly approves CAFTA

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/c ... _0701.html

July 8 of 2005.

Florida has Sugar. But Florida Senators vote for CAFTA :

Two Florida Senators voted YES for CAFTA : : Democrat Bill Nelson, and Republican Mel Martinez announced their vote for CAFTA at the last minute. Florida is a Sugar State, they wanted concessions for Sugar.

An important Representative of Florida is also supporting CAFTA :
    E. Clay Shaw Jr, Republican., chairman of the Ways and Means trade subcommittee. He is pushing for CAFTA approval in the House of Representatives.

More Sugar Republican Representatives that voted for CAFTA in the Ways and Means :

Jim McCrery of Louisiana and Dave Camp of Michigan, they are from Sugar Industry Districts but voted for CAFTA in the Ways and Means.

Another important Representative of Florida Mark Foley has also voted for CAFTA in the House Ways and Means Committee.

Bets on House Approval of CAFTA

If I were a "bookie" then I would consider the odds at 60% of House Approval. Because I see that the administration has the power to sway congressmen.

There has been a NO majority, but it is not so big. The president can enlist 13 Representatives to change the decision.

The travel to South America on July 5 of the Chairman of the Ways and Means ( Republican William Thomas ) and the Chairman of the Trade Subcommittee of Ways and Means E. Clay Shaw, Representative, Republican, Florida, and other six members of the House indicates something to me.

It indicates that they are confident on approval. Because otherwise they would be in Washington working on the undecided or easily swayed.

But I can be wrong.

Vicente Duque

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234