Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California Hispanic Leaders Get Death Threats Over Immigrati

California Hispanic Leaders Get Death Threats Over Immigration Debate

Monday, April 24, 2006

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The lieutenant governor and the mayor of Los Angeles, both Hispanic Democrats, have received threats amid a national debate over immigration policy, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Monday.

Schwarzenegger told reporters about the threats against Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante during a news conference in his office Monday.

Other elected officials of Mexican heritage have also received threats, Schwarzenegger said, but he did not name them.

Bustamante spokesman Steve Green said the lieutenant governor appeared at some immigration rallies with Villaraigosa in March and received "nasty e-mails" afterward. The death threat — "The only good Mexican is a dead Mexican" — came about three weeks ago on a postcard, he said.

The California Highway Patrol, which investigates threats against public officials, declined to comment.

Janelle Erickson, a spokeswoman for Villaraigosa, said she didn't know whether the mayor had received threats related to the immigration debate.

Bustamante and Villaraigosa have opposed the criminalization of illegal immigrants and have said they support legal pathways to helping undocumented workers become citizens.

Schwarzenegger said he also was disturbed that vandals had spray-painted ethnic insults on and torched a Mexican-owned restaurant in San Diego County this month. Officials ruled the April 10 attack a hate crime.

"That is not what California stands for," Schwarzenegger said. "I've asked the district attorneys throughout our state to be vigilant and swift in their actions against those who practice hate against our fellow citizens."

Schwarzenegger's comments came the same day that President Bush addressed illegal immigration during a speech in Orange County, near Los Angeles.

The governor has said he opposes amnesty for illegal immigrants, but he also called a massive deportation of the estimated 11 million foreigners living illegally in the U.S. unrealistic.

Bush gave the same message Monday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192959,00.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

personally

It would not surprise me in the least that the opposition is doing this. I know how deeply this goes. The way I see it, until the elitist can declare marshall law and take away our 2nd amendment rights they cannot take total control over us or the country. They are pushing this as hard as they can to make someone snap so they can do this. If it happens, it will be from the opposition or a plant. Sound far fetched? Do your research!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

My thoughts exactly. They are sending these to themselves to get the "martyr" position. I don't buy this at all.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Is THIS the kind of country we want to pass on to the next generation ? If it is the opposition behind this (and yes, Ohflyingone, your thoughts make sense to me), it is an even worse sign than if it isn't. It would mean that corruption is really flowing through America and coming here through a direct pipeline from Mexico.

If it is not the opposition, then there are people out there who have lost ALL faith in our government. We cannot have a country like this.

Maybe this means that we're becoming a country without leadership, a country without borders, a country without laws, a country without representation, and a country without hope.

I still have hope, otherwise I wouldn't be here at ALIPAC. But what I don't have hope for is that we will ever know who is truly behind this so that we could know FOR SURE that the right people were being punished, which they need to be.

It just doesn't sound like America, but it sounds just like the kinds of things that I read about which happen in Mexico.

It would take a miracle for us to get to know the truth. This is where my trust in President Bush goes from 33% to 0%.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)