Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

canuckincolorado,

Welcome to the site! I'm so glad you're here and gave us your input. I'm so sorry about your situation. I have 2 close Canadian friends...wrote a letter of recommendation for one, when she got into a similar situation. She told me in detail, what Canadians have to go through to be here. OUTRAGEOUS! And then to have an influx of people who just don't believe that laws apply to them, too, just infuriates me!

Anyway, I pray that everything will go as smoothly as possible for you.

As far as an illegal influx into Canada. On May 1, there were MEChA signs in Washington State. Sorry.

Let us know how we can help!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

curiouspat, I'm sure you know that Aztlan as depicted in some incarnations now includes everything through Canada to Alaska. Sorry, canuck. Wonder when they'll start claiming Hawaii to be their native homeland, too?

canuck, I am so sorry for your situation. You sound like exactly the type of person we are fighting for here--law abiding, involved, principled, educated, etc. Best of luck to you in your struggle. Once we're through with the current battle perhaps we can work on real reform of immigration rules which can smooth out the bumps in the road for the legal immigrants to this country.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

canuckincolorado,

Welcome to ALIPAC and I commend you on doing things the legal way.

However, givne that majority of the new "Green Cards" will be issued to people living here ILLEGALLY my chances are less.
    This is far from a done deal. Don't give up on this and it may not be as bad as it seems.

I wrote and many of my friends and customers wrote a local Congressman to assist me in my plight to stay.
    You should encourage your friends to continue writing their congressmen both for your individual cause and for immigration reform. I can't think of a letter having more impact: "How can you think about giving amnesty to 11 million illegal aliens but you can't help my friend who is trying to become a legal citizen".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    canuckincolorado,

Welcome to the site! I'm so glad you're here and gave us your input. I'm so sorry about your situation. I have 2 close Canadian friends...wrote a letter of recommendation for one, when she got into a similar situation. She told me in detail, what Canadians have to go through to be here. OUTRAGEOUS! And then to have an influx of people who just don't believe that laws apply to them, too, just infuriates me!

As far as an illegal influx into Canada. On May 1, there were MEChA signs in Washington State. Sorry.

Thanks very much. You know, it's funny, not in a ha-ha kind of way. I couldn't agree more on the fact that I am an educated, fluent English, God fearing person that has always obeyed the law and I can still be looked upon as a "liability" to this country. The company I worked for wnet through all of the correct proceedures to obtain my work visa. I specialize in electrical automation and controls for the oil and gas industry. I sepcialize in the field. They advertized my job for six months. they recived 20 some odd applications. None recieved were applicable. They went through it again for my renewal, same thing.
    Oh well, I guess you could say I'm past the point of anger, past the point of confusion, past the point of sadness. I have sucumbed to "it is what it is" and I'm not about to break a law to stay. I really feel hurt if I had to put into an emotion... hurt and embarassed. I feel like I am not an asset. I feel like I am worthless to this society. The volunteer time I spent at my church, the volunteer time at the local SPCA, the volunteering with a local youth hockey team as a goal tender coach.. it's all a non-entity.
    Anyway... one thing I'm looking forward too is the great Walleye fishing in northern Saskatchewan.
    I am sure that not all American's could ever read this but... a feeling goes out to each and every person. Thank you. Thanks for being a great nation and even more, fantastic people. My stay here has been memorable.

If anyone i sintersted I can paste a copy of the letter that I sent to the Honorable Congressman Bob Beauprez (R) 7th. district Colorado.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckincolorado
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    canuckincolorado,

Thanks very much. You know, it's funny, not in a ha-ha kind of way. I couldn't agree more on the fact that I am an educated, fluent English, God fearing person that has always obeyed the law and I can still be looked upon as a "liability" to this country. The company I worked for wnet through all of the correct proceedures to obtain my work visa. I specialize in electrical automation and controls for the oil and gas industry. I sepcialize in the field. They advertized my job for six months. they recived 20 some odd applications. None recieved were applicable. They went through it again for my renewal, same thing.
    Oh well, I guess you could say I'm past the point of anger, past the point of confusion, past the point of sadness. I have sucumbed to "it is what it is" and I'm not about to break a law to stay. I really feel hurt if I had to put into an emotion... hurt and embarassed. I feel like I am not an asset. I feel like I am worthless to this society. The volunteer time I spent at my church, the volunteer time at the local SPCA, the volunteering with a local youth hockey team as a goal tender coach.. it's all a non-entity.
    Anyway... one thing I'm looking forward too is the great Walleye fishing in northern Saskatchewan.
    I am sure that not all American's could ever read this but... a feeling goes out to each and every person. Thank you. Thanks for being a great nation and even more, fantastic people. My stay here has been memorable.
    I hope you can stay here. And thanks for obeying the law.

I personally think that we should have some kind of agreement with Canada to make it easier for citizens from both sides of the border to live in the other country. It would be good both the USA and Canada. There is a plan for a North American Union but that would include Mexico so I don't support it.

Either way please warn our friends to the north about the problems caused by the illegals and gangs. Otherwise the problems will eventually creep up to Canada unless you're really tough on it. The RCMP needs to get tougher on the gangs in Toronto.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother
    curiouspat, I'm sure you know that Aztlan as depicted in some incarnations now includes everything through Canada to Alaska. Sorry, canuck. Wonder when they'll start claiming Hawaii to be their native homeland, too?

Well, maybe there is a solution here. If Canada wold be in agreement they / we could give them Northern Canada. Granted it's about -50 in the winter and about 60 in the summer but hey... they want to forge a new "world" let em have it! The population up there right now is less than 5,000.

canuck, I am so sorry for your situation. You sound like exactly the type of person we are fighting for here--law abiding, involved, principled, educated, etc. Best of luck to you in your struggle. Once we're through with the current battle perhaps we can work on real reform of immigration rules which can smooth out the bumps in the road for the legal immigrants to this country.
    I am hoping that something is done... and soon. I just have trouble swallowing the fact that there isn't enough "time" for me or others like me but that the House and Senate can make "time" to deal with the illegals. I can understand that they have to take care of that issue but what about people such as myself that have the EXACT same beliefs as concerned US Citizens. Maybe I should take a Spanish class. Nah, I'm 6'2" tall and blonde... I'd never pass! Thanks concernedmom... much thanks.

canuckincolorado,

"it is what it is" and I'm not about to break a law to stay. I really feel hurt if I had to put into an emotion... hurt and embarassed. I feel like I am not an asset. I feel like I am worthless to this society. The volunteer time I spent at my church, the volunteer time at the local SPCA, the volunteering with a local youth hockey team as a goal tender coach.. it's all a non-entity.
    PLEASE don't take it personally. It's gov't and lawyer goof-ups which unfortunately, you're paying for. Think how those you've worked with, volunteered with and befriended feel to lose someone of your integrity and helpfulness. Believe me, Americans feel awful when something like this happens to a decent friend.

I agree with JohnB2012 , get your friends involved with a writing campaign as he suggested in his post. Don't give up.

Let us know how you do, please!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Sorry, just got back and saw your post
    paste a copy of the letter

Sure, post it!

This is the other side of our issue. The harm that illegals do to LEGAL immigrants!
    TIME'S UP!

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Did you know some Chris Simcox's ancestors were in Canada for 5 years before coming here?

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=29876
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast