I know this is off topic and not related but I saw and clicked this story on 9 news because it had "ICE" on it

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGN ... 89c01ca7bf

Cell-phone users encouraged to list 'ICE' numbers
written by: Ward Lucas I-Team Reporter
Created: 7/25/2005 5:36 PM MDT - Updated: 7/25/2005 6:08 PM MDT

Emergency room doctors and police are increasingly talking about 'ICE numbers'. The acronym stands for 'In Case of Emergency'.

They're encouraging all cell phone users to note certain numbers in their address books as ICE numbers, or people to contact in the event of an emergency.

With 192 million Americans carrying cell phones, they invariably turn up whenever there's a serious accident or health emergency in which someone needs immediate medical care. Paramedics, emergency room physicians, coroners and police are increasingly using cell phones of victims to help identify people or notify family members of emergencies.

Most digital cell phones have an address book feature, where names of frequent contacts can be listed by name and number. Including the word 'ICE' before the names of close relatives will quickly direct rescue workers to the most appropriate family member or friend to call in case of an emergency. Some doctors say the use of ICE numbers can actually save lives by speeding up medical care.

Some frequent users of the Internet have gotten an -mail saying that ICE numbers can actually allow hackers easier access to cell phones. But that claim is a hoax. Hackers cannot gain access to cell phones through such means.