Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chamber CEO: U.S. Needs More Low-Skill Immigration Since Americans Are Not 'Qualified

Chamber CEO: U.S. Needs More Low-Skill Immigration Since Americans Are Not 'Qualified" or 'Willing' to Do Such Work

7:34 AM, Feb 14, 2014 • By DANIEL HALPER
    The Weekly Standard

Chamber of Commerce CEO Tom Donohue says in an op-ed that the U.S. needs more low-skill immigration because Americans are not "qualified" or "willing" to do such work.

"Immigration can also address labor shortages in lesser-skilled fields where there are insufficient numbers of either qualified or willing U.S. workers to fill positions," Donohue writes.

Alabama senator Jeff Sessions tries to frame the issue differently. “We must transition struggling Americans from welfare and joblessness to work and rising wages,” says Sessions. “But the only plan the President and Senate Democrats appear interested in supporting would hollow out a shrinking American middle class. It is time to redefine 'immigration reform' to serve the legitimate interests of working Americans.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...rk_781624.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Chamber of Commerce CEO Tom Donohue says in an op-ed that the U.S. needs more low-skill immigration because Americans are not "qualified" or "willing" to do such work.

"Immigration can also address labor shortages in lesser-skilled fields where there are insufficient numbers of either qualified or willing U.S. workers to fill positions," Donohue writes.
    Bulloney. When Chipotle was busted for hiring illegals, they held a job fair. So many American applied that they had to shut down the fair after only one day. Ranchers Markets had perviously been in the same position with similar results.

We may have to encourage and train Americans, to get them to again do field work - raising wages would also be helpful - but other than that, Americans seem willing and able to take all those jobs that the Open Borders crowd says they won't do.

BTW I and my neighbors in a blue collar neighborhood did all those jobs - except for field work, of course; not much of that in the inner city
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trad, not free trade

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    American Citizens need a Country WIDE boycott of any company that affiliates itself with the Chamber of Commerce...as much as I hate buying from a foreign country I'll buy else where before I will any company that advertises through the Chamber of Commerce; I despise any entity that sells out its own citizens ... no way slim... you sell out America you can kiss my ass
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Many Americans learn to detest working with people who refuse to speak or do not speak English. It's really hard to communicate with most foreign workers in low skilled jobs. The so called immigrants have moved into almost all types of work in my area because they got tired of meat packing. Then the businesses think they need spanish speaking workers or supervisors to cater to them and make everyone happy(IT DOESN"T). Oh and other languages don't count in this mix even though we have a lot of somalians here.