Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Charges Dropped For Undocumented Soldier in Austin

http://keyetv.com/localnews/local_story_188165604.html

Charges Dropped For Undocumented Soldier in Austin

Jul 7, 2005 3:49 pm US/Central
    Identify theft charges have been dropped in Austin against an undocumented Mexican immigrant who bought a stolen Social Security card for two-thousand dollars. The stolen card enabled Liliana Plata to join the Air Force and serve in the Iraq war.

Travis County prosecutors say they dropped the charges against the 25-year-old woman because she had already been discharged from the Air Force. Also, they say Plata didn't use the stolen information to defraud anyone.

Prosecutor Claire Dawson-Brown says Plata "took a shortcut she shouldn't have taken, but it was an intent that served a value for all of us" The prosecutor added that Plata "wanted to go and fight for her country, and she was a good soldier." Plata's attorney, Samuel Bassett, called the decision appropriate. Her immigration status isn't clear.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

So, she can justify a crime? If I stole a loaf of bread to feed my hungry children, I would go to jail.

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Re: Charges Dropped For Undocumented Soldier in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Identify theft charges have been dropped in Austin against an undocumented Mexican immigrant who bought a stolen Social Security card for two-thousand dollars. The stolen card enabled Liliana Plata to join the Air Force and serve in the Iraq war.
    Why is there no mention of the victim? You know - the one who the number originally belonged to?

Travis County prosecutors say they dropped the charges against the 25-year-old woman because she had already been discharged from the Air Force.
    So? Anyone care to explain this sloppy and stupid reasoning?

Also, they say Plata didn't use the stolen information to defraud anyone

She didn't? How so? I need help understanding this!

Prosecutor Claire Dawson-Brown says Plata "took a shortcut she shouldn't have taken, but it was an intent that served a value for all of us"
    Rewarding bad behavior and not penalizing it is what's making our country go down the toilet with every PC flush. That and the burder of the illegal alien invasion.

The prosecutor added that Plata "wanted to go and fight for her country, and she was a good soldier." .
    So? A good soldier doesn't defraud his service branch for any reason!

Plata's attorney, Samuel Bassett, called the decision appropriate. Her immigration status isn't clear.
    What a load of PC cow pucky! Get me a bucket before I puke!

Aaaaarrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!