Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    This isn't Ameircans for Insurance Reform.

Now I understand, you are lost. Would you like me to help you google insurance reform?

Dixie
    or you could help him find the google map link (to Mexico)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TheInquisitor,

You write nothing but nonsense. How boring!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I'll take the bait on this "poor citizen" issue.

My husband and I have been married for 13 years, and have two kids. Until now we have not owned a car (we simply could not afford to). We were given one by a friend who knew someone, it was an 86 Subaru and there would be little for a trade in. We were grateful and have cherished it since.

So this issue of no ID does not stand. My husband did have his license and I had state ID, we also had birth certificates to prove we were born here and are citizens, and could even prove our parents were born here also.

There would be no reason citizenship could not be proven, even from the poorest of legal immigrants, they have some sort of documentation to verify their legal status.

The only ones who cannot verify would be illegals. I thought about the homeless and even they can get ID through a shelter, with programs that help them get ID's and restart their lives, but then again I do not think many homeless could afford those rents.

Hey, if you're here to be a part of things, don't flip flop around with this attitude towards people, either you are part of the solution, or you are part of the problem.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well said AmericanElizabeth!!!

I agree most Legal citizens should be able to produce documentation proving citizenship! The only problem is that the illegals will probably buy their fake documentation showing their legal, just like they buy fake documentation for other things.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longi ... 4140.story

Housing plan excludes illegals
    Affordable-housing proposal would not allow undocumented immigrants; experts say program is legal

BY BART JONES
    Newsday Staff Writer

June 7, 2006

A proposed affordable-housing program in East Hampton Town that would exclude undocumented immigrants got a major boost yesterday when a majority of town board members endorsed the concept - including the provision limiting the program to people in the country legally.

The program, which the board discussed yesterday at an afternoon work session, calls for issuing permits to 100 homeowners to create accessory apartments in their homes that would rent for $900 to $1,100 a month. It is aimed at creating lower-rent apartments in a high-rent town.

"I have enough trouble providing homes for the residents of East Hampton and those immigrants that are here that came here properly," said Town Supervisor William McGintee, who supports the proposal. "We're a country of laws. ... We'd be in a sorry state if we chose to cherry-pick what laws to enforce."

Experts said that they believe the proposed program is legal.

One East End Latino advocate said the town was turning its back on undocumented workers who play a crucial role in the local economy. "I think they want them to sleep in tents," said Benny Torres, head of the Southampton Town Democratic party. "Whatever happened to 'bring us your tired and your poor?'"

East Hampton Town Board members Pat Mansir and Pete Hammerle said at yesterday's work session that they support the proposed program, which board member Deb Foster is spearheading. Only one board member, Brad Loewen, said he had not made up his mind about the legal residency provision.

After protests from some Latinos, Foster yesterday removed language from a draft proposal referring to requirements for landlords and tenants to show identification documents, including driver's licenses, green cards, passports or visas. But she said the requirement itself - that landlords or renters would have to be in the country legally - would stand.

Mansir said the town, first settled in the early 17th century, is faced with "kids who are 11th and 12th and 13th generation and there's no room for them. ... We have people who are part of the fire service and part of the police service and they're trying to find a roof over their head."

McGintee and Hammerle said employers should assume responsibility for finding housing for undocumented immigrants.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12