Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chertoff on the Killing of a Border Patrol Agent

Statement by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff on the Killing of a Border Patrol Agent in the Line of Duty

Release Date: January 19, 2008

For Immediate Release
    Office of the Press Secretary

Earlier today the Border Patrol lost a brave agent assigned to the Yuma Sector in a heinous act of violence. The agent was struck and killed while attempting to stop two vehicles believed to have illegally entered the country and were absconding back into Mexico.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the agent's family, and with the entire Border Patrol community.

I am outraged by this tragic loss. I have spoken to the Mexican ambassador who gives me both his condolences and deep assurance that their government will be resolute in tracking down the perpetrators, and bringing them to swift justice.

I'm insisting that the full force of the law be used in this investigation. Our Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents are already on scene assisting the Border Patrol and the Federal Bureau of Investigation in this effort.

Dangerous criminal groups have chosen to respond to our tougher security posture at the border with increased violence. They mistakenly believe that we will give way in the face of violence. We will continue to show them how wrong they are.

The American public stands with the men and women of the Border Patrol, and I am deeply grateful for their heroic service.
    http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1200840987620.shtm
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

If the fence had been built last year this border patrol agent would most likely still be alive. The longer we stall on building a seperation from Mexico the more people we can expect to loose.
    <div>If you love this nation, please stop illegal immigration.</div>

build the freaking fence and stop all this TALK about doing it.
    put in the vehicle barriers on any and all roads that stop at the border for this very reason. and next to it, get the damn fence built, like yesterday

Glenn Beck interviewed the Chief of BP tonight and he made it very clear that he was intentionally hit and murdered. This is verified by the by-standers who witnessed all of it. His blood is on the head of Bush and this administration. Glenn said something that I thought was very good. "The troops had an extremely low morale under Bill Clinton. Bush is the Clinton to the Border Patrol." Isn't that the truth.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Border Agents are very concerned in my opinion about the use of force
    on drug dealers after seeing 2 agents and one deputy sheriff sent to jail
    for firing on a fleeing vehicle.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Border Agents are very concerned in my opinion about the use of force
    on drug dealers after seeing 2 agents and one deputy sheriff sent to jail
    for firing on a fleeing vehicle.
    this is exactly what lou dobbs and casey wian were talking about tonight on the show. i cant wait to see Glenn tonight and see this interview with the BP chief. whom the rank and file gave a no confidence vote to last summer

I see no mention of this on cnn's website! This tells me that it is no big deal to cnn or our government. I don't think it would matter if every border patrol agent were killed today, our government would do nothing about it. Where is Bush? Why isn't he coming forward and doing something about it? What a disgrace! Don't these people ever feel any shame?

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-592902.html#592902

interview, beck and YUMA sector chief paul beeson

One word: "unconscionable"

There is no good reason...

... The border fence hasn't already been constructed
    ... Had the border fence been built, the smugglers would have had to go through a legal port of entry, or may have never tried
    ... Had they never tried..

...Officer Aguilar may be alive today.

Oh, and let's not even mention the possibility of terrorists coming across with relative impunity...

I'm sick and tired of this. Mr. Chertoff build the freakin' fence already. How many more BP agents have to die to provide smugglers and illegal workers access to the country???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is the statement I find sooooo true.

BECK: Everybody said the morale was bad for armed forces under Clinton. Because they disregarded the armed forces. You know what? George Bush is Bill Clinton to our border agents. Jessica, I thank you very much for your time.

This is so true. We all need to call the Whitehouse and ask for President Clinton. When they say its President Bush say oh I don't think so. Our troops morale was at a all time low under Clinton and the Border Patrol's morale is at an all time low under Bush. There's no difference. Neither of you care about the troops who try to secure our nation. Shame on you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast