Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

City Council Trying To Clear Way For Illegal Immigrants To G

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.js ... &aid=51408

City Council Trying To Clear Way For Illegal Immigrants To Get Vending Licenses

June 09, 2005

A City Council committee is trying to make it easier for illegal immigrants to get a street vendor license.

The Consumer Affairs Committee is voting on a bill making it illegal for the city to question a person's residency status when applying for a street vending license. The bill's sponsors say it's not the city's job to act as a cop for immigration services.

"That's something I do not think we are here to do," said City Councilman Charles Barron. "It's a form of discrimination against immigrants who make up large part of city and who contribute to cultural capital of this city, the intellectual capital of this city and certainly the economic capital of this city."

Street Vendors rallied outside the committee hearing in support of the measure.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Isnt that nice?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

ah, New York, New York where Hillary is the Democratic senator.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I wonder if they will sell some of that delicious bathtub cheese.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"That's something I do not think we are here to do," said City Councilman Charles Barron. "It's a form of discrimination against immigrants who make up large part of city and who contribute to cultural capital of this city, the intellectual capital of this city and certainly the economic capital of this city."
    Somebody needs to tell this IDIOT that being in this country without the proper documentation is ILLEGAL. And this moron is a City Councilman???
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!