Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Civil rights activists join fight against immigration bills

Civil rights activists join fight against immigration bills
    By Jeremy Redmon

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    4:00 p.m. Saturday, April 9, 2011

Seeing some parallels to their own struggle, veterans of the civil rights movement from the 1960s have joined the fight against Arizona-style legislation targeting illegal immigration.

In Georgia, state lawmakers are poised to vote on two bills that would empower police to investigate the immigration status of certain suspects and punish people caught transporting and harboring illegal immigrants.

Such legislation, civil rights activists warn, could bring about the same kind of discrimination and racial profiling African-Americans struggled against decades ago. They have been delivering fiery speeches against House Bill 87 and Senate Bill 40 and marching alongside Hispanic activists in Georgia and in other states in recent months.

There is a sharp division among blacks on this issue, however, with some arguing illegal immigrants are taking jobs away from African-American U.S. citizens and burdening public schools and hospitals in black communities.

Both immigration bills could come up for votes in the final days of this year’s legislative session in Georgia next week.

Critics of these bills -- including farmers, landscape companies and restaurant owners -- have largely focused on the harm they say the legislation would inflict on the state’s economy, which relies heavily on migrant labor. But racial profiling and discrimination also have emerged as central themes in the debate, especially during recent marches and rallies in Atlanta.

Last month, civil rights icon and U.S. Rep. John Lewis, an Atlanta Democrat, joined thousands of people protesting the legislation outside the state Capitol. Quoting the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Lewis expressed solidarity with Hispanic activists and said he was willing to go to jail with them in the fight against the state’s proposed immigration enforcement measures.

“We are all brothers and sisters. It doesn’t matter whether we are black, white, Latino, Asian-American, Native American. We are one people. We are one family,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why are the Civil Rights Activists joining the fight ??? Very simple...Follow The Money !!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

It sure isn't to benefit "their people" as African Americans compete for jobs directly with illegals.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yep

Yep, Follow the Money. Its pretty dirty money at that...We are talking, through cartel hands as part of the chain that left wing money travels through...

My Letter to John Lewis:

Your comments were recorded as:

Comments: Dear Congressman Lewis: I live in Illinois and therefore am not a constituent in your district. However, after reading the story of you giving support to the criminal element of illegal immigration known as "DREAMies" and the rest of the illegal alien murderers, child molesters. drug cartels, rapist, and identity thieves and comparing their plight to those of us who lived through the civil rights movement, I literally became ill. I am sure that you are aware that the majority of illegal alien "latinos" hate our people BLACK AMERICANS. If you aren't all you have to do is google how many blacks have been killed in LA by latino gang members who wanted to displace them in various neighborhoods. While I understand that corporate America wants our government to assist them in destroying the middle class, I doubt that Dr. King would approve of your participation in desecrating his legacy. You of all people are aware that the Civil Rights Movement was about fighting for the rights of AMERICAN CITIZENS who happened to be Black. Illegal aliens are here of their own volition and if they had any COURAGE they would go home and fight for rights in their own countries. I sincerely hope that you will read some of the information that the links that I provided will give you. Hopefully, after doing so you will realize that these people are not worthy of being handed citizenship and their ethnocentric racist agenda (being sponsored by American tax dollars) has nothing in common with anything that Dr. King died for.

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=20935
    http://www.city-data.com/forum/illegal-immigration/
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

"I like that letter WMM!" and your absolutely right! Damn! illegals will steal anything identities, jobs, welfare, and now a civil rights movement!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Such legislation, civil rights activists warn, could bring about the same kind of discrimination and racial profiling African-Americans struggled against decades ago. They have been delivering fiery speeches against House Bill 87 and Senate Bill 40 and marching alongside Hispanic activists in Georgia and in other states in recent months.
    I hope those people protesting have jobs and are not homeless. You know some people are brainwashed to perform certain acts and paid to protest something they do not fully understand. Some American citizens have to be educated about illegal aliens.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I DON'T KNOW WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE BUT, "THEY DON'T SPEAK FOR ME" THESE MEXICANS AND THOSE THAT ARE OTM DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT AFRICAN-AMERICANS AND, AS A MATTER OF FACT, THEY HAVE KILLED MANY A AFRICAN-AMERICANS JUST BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN. THER IS NO WAY THAT I'M GOING TO TAKE THE SIDE OF THESE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO BUSINESS TO EVEN BE IN THE COUNTRY. I AM AN AMERICAN AND PROUD TO BE ONE JUST AS I'M PROUD TO BE AN AFRICAN-AMERICAN. THIS IS MY COUNTRY AND I SAY ITS HIGH TIME SOMETHING MEANINGFUL IS DONE TO RID THIS COUNTRY OF THESE ILLEGALS. AND IF JOHN LEWIS AND OTHERS DON'T LIKE IT THEN THEY ARE FREE TO FOLLOW THE ILLEGALS TO THEIR HOME COUNTRY. THIS REALLY MAKES ME ANGRY THE CIVIL RIGHTS ERA IS OUR LEGACY AND NOW SOME OF OUR FELLOW AFRICAN-AMERICANS ARE DOING THEIR BEST TO GIVE IT AWAY. THIS IS REALLY SAD.

let me see here. civil rights were to give rights to black americans who were born here and lived here.
    and they seem to compare that to illegal aliens!?!?!

you have got to be kidding me.
    mr. lewis, as congressman if you get arrested, you need to be fired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast