Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Civilian Border Watcher Harrassed By F-16 Fighter Jets

VIDEO ON LINK BELOW
    Posted: Feb 11, 2008 08:49 PM EST

Civilian border watcher said he was harassed by F-16 fighter jets

by Darren Hunt

EL PASO -- A pilot working for a civilian illegal immigration watchdog group claims he was recently harassed by a pair of Air Force F-16 fighter jets.

Glenn Spencer said he flew from Fabens to San diego last month to record the progress that has been made on the border fence when he was confronted by the two fighter jets.

"I thought it was some kind of military maneuver," said Spencer. The dangerous incident happened while he was flying over Douglas, Arizona in his Cessna 206. "[The jet] was less than a 100 feet away, made a sharp bank and then hit its afterburners. I thought I was in a mid-air collision."

Spencer is a member of the American Border Patrol, a non-profit group that patrols the border with Mexico. "We fly along the border at least once a month, usually in two hops," said Spencer.

Air Force officials confirmed the incident, saying the two fighter jets responded to "unknown or threatening airborne objects." Captain Gabe Johnson said several Air National Guard units have been tasked with monitoring the border since the attacks of September 11, 2001.

Still, Spencer said there is no reason for F-16 fighter jets to be flying so close to civilian aircraft. "If they thought I was somebody that should not have been flying through the area they could have called me on the radio ... they did not," he said.

http://www.kvia.com/global/story.asp?s=7856863
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RELATED STORY.

Border critic gets buzzed by F-16s on recent flight
    By Ted Morris
    Herald/Review

Published on Sunday, February 10, 2008

SIERRA VISTA — A recent international airspace incident involved a critic of the government’s illegal-immigration policies and two F-16 fighter jets.

Glenn Spencer, head of the American Border Patrol, apparently triggered a security trip wire on Jan. 15 as he was flying from El Paso, Texas, in a Cessna 206.
    Advertisement

Glenn Spencer stands off to the side as Mike Christie prepares their Cessna 206 for a flight along the border on Oct. 19, 2007, at the Bisbee Municipal Airport. The airplane was flying very close to the U.S.-Mexico border on Jan. 15 when it was intercepted by fighter jets from Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. (File photo by Ted Morris-Herald/Review) “I was monitoring the progress of the government in securing our border, and I was intercepted by an F-16!â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Duplicate post.
    Please refer further comments to:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103149-fighter.html+jets
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn