Like Tree3Likes

Thread: CNBC survey: Trump's jobs offensive is scoring points with Dems and independents

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CNBC survey: Trump's jobs offensive is scoring points with Dems and independents

All-America Economic Survey
    CNBC survey: Trump's jobs offensive is scoring points with Dems and independents

Elizabeth Schulze
    11 Hours Ago CNBC.com

President-elect Donald Trump speaks at a Victory Tour Rally, on December 8, 2016 in Des Moines, Iowa. Trump is taking time time to speak several of the states that helped him win the election.

Donald Trump's fight to stop U.S. companies from moving jobs overseas is garnering support from an unlikely group of American voters: Non-Republicans, who are warming to the idea of the president-elect in the White House.

New results from the CNBC All-America Economic Survey found more than half of Independents and a quarter of Democrats said they are comfortable and prepared to support Trump as president. An overwhelming 56 percent of those respondents said the top item on his economic agenda should be keeping jobs in the U.S.

The survey of 800 Americans from across the country was conducted December 2-5 by Hart Research Associates and Public Opinion Strategies. Its margin of error is 3.5 percentage points.

Republican pollster Micah Roberts said the results indicate Trump's push to keep jobs on U.S. soil, like his recent deal with Indiana-based air conditioner company Carrier, extends his appeal beyond the coalition of voters who helped him win the election.

"Americans see it as him being potentially a strong advocate for the worker," said Roberts, who is vice president at Public Opinion Strategies.

But support from Democrats and Independents on Trump's jobs agenda could be short-lived, according to Democratic pollster and Heart Research Associates senior vice president Jay Campbell. He warned the group could lose hope if Trump fails to deliver on his jobs promises.

"If Trump is not successful in keeping jobs from going overseas, this group's hope and optimism could leave very quickly," Campbell said.

Trump's efforts to stop companies from moving jobs overseas found broad-based support among the groups who helped him win the presidency. Nearly half of white women and non-college educated whites listed it as a top priority.

Meanwhile, 48 percent of Republicans favored policies aimed at keeping jobs in the U.S., beating traditional party platforms like cutting taxes and reducing business regulations.

Support for Trump's jobs message also transcended income levels. Financial elites, middle class and working class households all ranked it a top priority for the new administration.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/10/cnbc-...ependents.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is really great! And it's still 4 weeks before he's even in office. I hope Congress can move quickly as in "time is of the essence" to get his Cabinet confirmed and Trump's tax plan passed quickly at the 15% corporate rate, not the 20%. The sooner the Cabinet is at work on the job, the faster they can identify useless regulations and take action to remove them.

Congress needs to realize that their job is to do what this particular President asks them to do, at least all the Republicans. He's the leader, he's the one with a game plan and he doesn't need people who have been in Congress doing nothing for 18 to 20 or more years to be standing in his way to fix our country.

I would like to remind all members of Congress, the United States won WWII a global war on two fronts with 2 enemies in 3 years and 8 months, start to finish and we had to manufacture our military equipment.

You can't take months to pass the Trump tax plan or repeal and replace Obamacare. Our companies must know that the tax rates are down, Obamacare is gone, and they can move their money back into the US at the 10% rate. You can't take months to do this, you have to get this done in a matter of days.

In fact you spoiled lazy critters should have stayed in session another 10 days and gotten it done before you left for break. You whined about working 100 days this year like that was a big deal? REALLY??

You all going to have to get a whole new attitude.
    Last edited by Judy; 12-11-2016 at 12:24 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You know Cromwell made a speech to parliament that is exactly what I wish a Pres. Trump would use as his first speech to Congress.

With very few exceptions, they need to all go. I have a couple I respect - but not many and that includes, especially, our very own congresscritters from Texas.

You know a lot of Republicans came in on PE Trump's coattail. They won't have a coattail at midterm elections. With very few exceptions, I wish we would clean house.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    You know Cromwell made a speech to parliament that is exactly what I wish a Pres. Trump would use as his first speech to Congress.

With very few exceptions, they need to all go. I have a couple I respect - but not many and that includes, especially, our very own congresscritters from Texas.

You know a lot of Republicans came in on PE Trump's coattail. They won't have a coattail at midterm elections. With very few exceptions, I wish we would clean house.
    For the most part I agree. That is why there should be term-limits.

While that's true, non-presidential elections years seem to be more favorable to Republican candidates because more liberals typically stay home on election day (don't vote).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    For the most part I agree. That is why there should be term-limits.

While that's true, non-presidential elections years seem to be more favorable to Republican candidates because more liberals typically stay home on election day (don't vote).
    You could be right, but I'm saying they do not have a popular presidential candidate running on the Republican ticket to give them a ride.

They will have to stand on their own.

Yes, term limits - yes ---