Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I am thankful that Ann Coulter is making this point about McCain so strongly. Good point when she said that Hillary lies less than McCain.

W
    I would have to disagree with Ann on this one. I think they both lie equally!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by DHolmes7
    Huckabee is the conservatives worst enemy ,he is the Ralph Nadar of this years primaries and seems to have no clue and will make hillary or obama president which will change the court for the next 20 years and destroy everything MIKE holds dear.Rudy realized that his staying in would hurt the canidate who believes like him and step out.
    Yes, Rudy realized that but what he did..endorsed John McCain. His worst mistake. And how about Arnold!! Another one endorsing John McCain. And they call themselves Republicans?

Quote Originally Posted by DHolmes7
    Huckabee is the conservatives worst enemy ,he is the Ralph Nadar of this years primaries and seems to have no clue and will make hillary or obama president which will change the court for the next 20 years and destroy everything MIKE holds dear.Rudy realized that his staying in would hurt the canidate who believes like him and step out.
    Yes, Rudy realized that but what he did..endorsed John McCain. His worst mistake. And how about Arnold!! Another one endorsing John McCain. And they call themselves Republicans?

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    I am thankful that Ann Coulter is making this point about McCain so strongly. Good point when she said that Hillary lies less than McCain.

W
    Mee too. That is encouraging conservatives to leave the party and join the Democrats. I know John McCain is the worst for the Republican Party but I think she made a big mistake with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy

W
    Mee too. That is encouraging conservatives to leave the party and join the Democrats. I know John McCain is the worst for the Republican Party but I think she made a big mistake with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharona
    I know John McCain is the worst for the Republican Party but I think she made a big mistake with that statement.
    After watching how Ann operates for quite some time, I think she purposefully tried to be outrageous with that statement. Here's how Coulter works:

1) She notices a general consensus developing among conservatives that they will stay home or vote for a 3rd party candidate if McCain gets the nomination.

2) Coulter takes it one step further by actually saying she'd support Hillary if the only other choice is McCain.

3) Coulter gets tons of free press, which helps her sell more books.

Coulter makes a living off taking things to the next level. Do I think she'd actually vote for Hillary in the general election? No. Do I think she'd stay home if the only choices are McCain and Clinton or Obama? Yes. Let's make sure that doesn't happen or at least have a viable 3rd party candidate waiting in the wings if it does....

I deplore John Mccain, but if it came down to McCain and Hiliary or Obama, I would have to grit my teeth and vote for McCain.

We have to remember the presidnet still gets to appoint Supreme Court/ Fed Judges. Can you imagine the tremendous set back it would be for our cause if Hiliary or Obama were to have that responsibility. We may get appointees that are outright liberal in their social policies and support of open borders( even though John is as well, his appointees will likely be more conservative because of confirmation process).

In addition, we the people still have a voice in prevebnting any mass amnesty that McCain my attempt to pass. Look what we did with the Bush legislation. I know it's going to be teadeous in order to watch McCain like a hawk over the next four years if he should get the nomination and ultimately win. But it's what we would have to do.

I know Coulter was being scarcastic when she claimed she would support Hiliary over McCain, but Ann knows the rammifications of such support.

Lets hope McCain does not get the nomination and all this worry will have been for nothing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I deplore John Mccain, but if it came down to McCain and Hiliary or Obama, I would have to grit my teeth and vote for McCain.

We have to remember the presidnet still gets to appoint Supreme Court/ Fed Judges. Can you imagine the tremendous set back it would be for our cause if Hiliary or Obama were to have that responsibility. We may get appointees that are outright liberal in their social policies and support of open borders( even though John is as well, his appointees will likely be more conservative because of confirmation process).
    McCain might get some conservatives' votes (who hate him) because he's a war hawk, but he shouldn't get any conservatives votes because he'll appoint conservative judges due to his involvement in the gang of 14 and the fact that he said Alito is "too conservative". That tactic didn't work for Rudy and it sure as hell won't work for McCain given his record. Sorry John, your stance toward islamic terrorism is the only card you have and it still doesn't differentiate you from Hilldawg.

McCain might get some conservatives' votes (who hate him) because he's a war hawk, but he shouldn't get any conservatives votes because he'll appoint conservative judges due to his involvement in the gang of 14 and the fact that he said Alito is "too conservative". That tactic didn't work for Rudy and it sure as hell won't work for McCain given his record
    I cannot disagree with this. However, we are talking about the better of two evils if it came down to it. What do you think the appointees of Hiliary or Obama are going to look like? You trust they will be anymore conservative? Sorry, I don't.

It makes me almost physically ill to say I would support McCain, especially because of his firm position on granting amnesty. His position on Bush tax Cuts also does not help matters either.

I will continue to pray we are not left with this choice come next year.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ann Coulter on McCain and Conservatives
    Friday , February 01, 2008

This is a rush transcript from "Hannity & Colmes," January 31, 2008. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

SEAN HANNITY, CO-HOST: And Senator John McCain is gaining momentum, but not all conservatives are jumping for joy. Senator McCain is a polarizing candidate for many. And critics point to his stance on immigration, his work with Russ Feingold. But with a potential Hillary Clinton candidacy on the Democratic side of the aisle, will true conservatives eventually fall in line and support the Arizona senator?

Joining us now, author of the "New York Times" best seller, "If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd be Republicans," our friend Ann Coulter. How are you?

ANN COULTER, AUTHOR, "IF DEMOCRATS HAD ANY BRAINS": Fine, thank you.

HANNITY: I'm standing on substance here.

COULTER: Yes.

HANNITY: It's immigration. It's limits on free speech. It's not supporting tax cuts.

COULTER: It's Anwar. It's torture at Guantanamo.

HANNITY: Class warfare rhetoric. It's interrogations. It's Guantanamo. It's Anwar. These are not small issues to conservatives.

COULTER: No, and if you're looking at substance rather than whether it's an R or D after his name, manifestly, if our's candidate than Hillary's going to be our girl, Sean, because she's more conservative than he is. I think she would be stronger on the war on terrorism. I absolutely believe that.

HANNITY: That's the one area I disagree with you.

COULTER: No, yes, we're going to sign up together. Let me explain that point on terrorism.

HANNITY: You'd vote for Hillary —

COULTER: I will campaign for her if it's McCain.

HANNITY: If Hillary is watching tonight, you just got an endorsement —

COLMES: I just heard the word no.

COULTER: I was touched when she cried. That part isn't true. But the rest of it is true. He has led the fight against — well, as you say, interrogations. I say torture at Guantanamo. She hasn't done that. She hasn't taken a position in front.

HANNITY: Without interrupting you, let me give you one distinction — that's what liberals do to you. Let me give you one distinction, he did support the war —

COULTER: So did Hillary.

HANNITY: But he stayed with it. He supported the surge. I didn't like his criticisms of Rumsfeld, but he was right —

COULTER: OK, let's get to him supporting the surge. He keeps going on and on about how he was the only Republican who supported the surge and other Republicans attacked him. It was so awful how he was attacked. It was worse than being held in a tiger cage.

I looked up the record. Republicans all supported the surge. He's not only not the only one who supported the surge, I promise you no Republican attacked him for this. And you know why he's saying that, Sean, because he keeps saying it at every debate, I'm the only one. I was attacked by Republicans. He's confusing Republicans with his liberal friends. They're the ones who attacked him for it, his real friends.

HANNITY: Hillary Clinton, if she gets her way, will nationalize health care. She's going to pull the troops out of Iraq.

COULTER: I don't think she will.

HANNITY: That's what she's saying she's going to do. She says in a hundred days she's immediately going to begin to pull out.

(CROSS TALK)

COULTER: She's running in a Democratic primary. He's running in the Republican primary, and their positions are about that far apart. When George Bush said at the State of the Union Address that the surge is working in Iraq, Obama sat on his hands, Kennedy sat on his hands, Hillary leapt up and applauded that we are winning in the surge and that the surge is working in Iraq.

She gave much better answers in those debates when Democrats like Obama and Biden were saying what do we do? What do we do if three cities are attacked. She said, I will find who did it and I will go after them.

HANNITY: You want to sit back.

(CROSS TALK)

ALAN COLMES, CO-HOST: Can I just say something — Ann -

(CROSS TALK)

COULTER: Hillary is absolutely more conservative.

COLMES: My work is done. My work is done.

COULTER: Moreover, she lies less than John McCain. I'm a Hillary girl now. She lies less than John McCain. She's smarter than John McCain, so that when she's caught shamelessly lying, at least the Clintons know they've been caught lying. McCain is so stupid, he doesn't even know he's been caught.

COLMES: Go. In fact, could you fill in for me next week? Let me get this straight, would you vote for Hillary Clinton?

COULTER: Yes.

COLMES: You would actually go in a voting booth —

COULTER: If it's close and the candidate is John McCain, because John McCain is not only bad for Republicanism, which he definitely is. He is bad for —

(CROSS TALK)

COLMES: Can I tell you the last thing that Hillary Clinton wants? Ann Coulter's endorsement.

COULTER: Even now he's running as a Republican, he won't give up on amnesty. At that debate the other not —

(CROSS TALK)

COULTER: I'm serious.

COLMES: I know, but let me get serious for a second, because so far I haven't. Look, are you telling me — look at all the people endorsing McCain. I'm not talking about Johnny come lately Republicans. Nancy Reagan is wrong? Rick Perry is wrong? Arnold is wrong? Charlie Crist is wrong?

COULTER: Other than Nancy Reagan —

(CROSS TALK)

COULTER: I will explain. It's not that they're wrong. Other than Nancy Reagan, and by the way we loved Nancy Reagan for loving Ron Reagan. We didn't love her for her political persuasion.

(CROSS TALK)

COLMES: All of these people are off the beat.

COULTER: I'm trying to answer the question. Stop talking. I'm moving Nancy Reagan to the side, and I'm saying all the rest of these political endorsements mean one thing; they think he's the front runner. They want a job in his administration. Nothing means less than an endorsement from someone who wants a position.

COLMES: They're all hoes just looking for a job?

COULTER: No, but they all do want jobs.

COLMES: I'm giving her the opportunity —

COULTER: They do all want jobs. It's good to be friends with the king. Some people —

HANNITY: Will you be careful.

COULTER: Some people don't care about being the king.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327605,00.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast