Wednesday, August 31, 2016 07:12 PM
By: Greg Richter

Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto recognizes he'll have to deal with Donald Trump if he is elected president of the United States, and that's why Nieto invited the GOP nominee to Mexico for a visit on Wednesday, conservative author Ann Coulter tells Newsmax TV.

"I think they know there's going to be a new sheriff in town if Trump is elected," Coulter said Wednesday on "Newsmax Prime.

She told host J.D. Hayworth it is "shocking" how other leaders treat the United States.

"I mean, Mexico gets $20 billion a year sent back by legal and illegal immigrants in remittances," she said. "It would be even more poverty-stricken and crime-ridden than it is without their biggest, best buddy to the north of them.

"Thank God we have someone like Trump running who doesn't put up with that guff and who will put America's interests first instead of turning America into the rest of the world's floor mat," she said, adding that other countries need America, too, and that they won't simply abandon us if Trump assumes the Oval Office and makes arguments in favor of America's interests.

Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton also has been invited to meet with Nieto, he said during a joint statement with Trump, but she blasted Trump's meeting, saying Trump can't "build a coalition by insulting our friends or acting like a loose cannon," then try "to make up for a year of insult and insinuations by dropping in on our neighbors for a few hours and then flying home again. That’s not how it works."

Coulter said Clinton and other critics are merely throwing out "free-form, substance-less insults."

Clinton also said in her speech that people tell her she almost has too many plans, Coulter said, but added that it isn't at all clear what any of Clinton's plans are.

Trump, on the other hand, has made his plans known from day one, she said.

"On border security he's going to build a wall," she said. "I know what his position is on e-verify to force employers to make sure that people they're employing are in fact not illegal aliens. I know what his position is on anchor babies, on sanctuary cities. Do we know what Hillary's position is on any of this?"

And Trump has not flip-flopped on anything, Coulter said, including the comment he made to Fox News' Sean Hannity about being open to a "softening" on illegal immigration.

"Trump doesn't lie, he doesn't change his positions," she said. "He has made rhetorical mistakes. He made a rhetorical mistake on Hannity's show last week. I don't think there will be any softening."

Coulter is author of a new book, "In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome!" which she said compares Trump's talk about immigration to other Republicans' "nonsense and gobbledygook."

"I never realized how much I hate my own party — or at least my ex-Republican Party, not the new, fresh Trumpian Republican Party — because what they do when they're asked questions … they come up with all these words to sound like they're compassionate and sensitive, but they don't answer the question … Trump just comes out and says, 'We need a wall.'"

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/an.../31/id/746155/