Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CT: Immigration rally to "Stop the Raids"

Immigration rally to "Stop the Raids"

Posted June 29, 2007
    12:42 PM

(Hartford-WTNH/AP) _ Protesters in Hartford today called for the release of illegal immigrants recently taken into custody.

The group is outraged about a recent raid that happened last week in Hartford.

According to the American Friends Service Committee, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents swept a home in Hartford last week. They allegedly detained three illegal immigrants, but only had a warrant for one.

The protesters say they were depending on a now-defeated federal immigration reform bill to stop the raids.

"There are 12 million people who are in the shadows who are law abiding, hard working, Many who pay taxes, property taxes, income taxes, and I think they're looking for recognition and legalization, and so in that case I'm sad that it didn't pass," said David Amdur/American Friends Service Committee.

President Bush called the defeat of his immigration bill in the Senate "a disappointment." Conservative Republicans were able to essentially kill the plan in a test vote Thursday. Supporters of the bill fell 14 votes short of the 60 needed to limit debate and clear the way for passage.

The issue likely won't be addressed again until 2009.

http://www.wtnh.com/global/story.asp?s=6728845

"There are 12 million people who are in the shadows who are law abiding,
    You STILL don't get it! THEY BROKE THE LAW BY COMING HERE ILLEGALLY and continue to break the law by STAYING!!! They are NOT "LAW ABIDING". They are LAW BREAKING.

The group is outraged about a recent raid that happened last week in Hartford.
    I am outraged that they are outraged.

We are rallied out with this bunch.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Send em home. End of story!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Time for ICE to bring the busses to the next "Rally"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Attention Illegal Aliens: Please have your next rally inside a big indoor arena. That will make the job so much easier for ICE to make sure nobody slips away.

If just once ICE would detain the entire group pf protests and verify their legal status, this kind of "we're illegal and we're here and we're in your face" crap would stop real quick. What better "probable cause" of the comission of a crime do you need when you have a group of protestors demanding raids on illegal aliens stop?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    If just once ICE would detain the entire group pf protests and verify their legal status, this kind of "we're illegal and we're here and we're in your face" crap would stop real quick. What better "probable cause" of the comission of a crime do you need when you have a group of protestors demanding raids on illegal aliens stop?

I'm in full agreement Zeezil and don't quite understand why this hasn't been done but suspect it's a precautionary measure.

The last thing ICE needs is to give the illegals and their zealots any credence to their claims of profiling and harassment of legal citizens, or any of the other nonsense they like to spit out. And with the "in your face" attitude, you know these people are just daring ICE to go ahead and try it so they can use it in a big way.

ICE isn't going to play along with that but what I think they will do is decide to start apprehending fugitive aliens at these rallies. And, in the process of searching for and detaining fugitive aliens they have full rights to detain and question the legal status of all those in the company of that fugitive alien, don't they? I'd be very surprised if this tactic hasn't already been discussed and planned for but was put on hold to see what happened in DC.

We just need to be patient......I think we'll see it happening in the not so far off future!!!

Immigration rally in Hartford
    story by Darren Duarte

by News Channel 8's Darren Duarte
    Posted June 29, 2007
    4:50 PM

(Hartford-WTNH) _ As the issue of illegal immigration reaches a boiling point for many people across the United States, a rally in front of City Hall demanded the end to raids.

Pablo Perez-Lopez describes how federal agents stormed his Standish Street apartment with guns and a warrant for Norma Velasquez.

"I felt mad, nervous," said Pablo. "I was scared and then they just took me."

Through an interpreter, Pablo tells News Channel 8 that he was released because he is only 17-years old. But agents rounded up everyone else in the house, including Velasquez, her boyfriend Enendi Diaz and cousin Antonio Mobero.

The rally Friday in front of City Hall demanded that the Feds stop raiding homes.

"It is essential that our city leaders stand up for all Hartford residents, regardless of their immigration status. We must end these raids now," said protestor Myra Esquilin.

Immigration agents say that Velasquez violated a deportation order and she is now on her way back to Guatemala. Agents also say that Diaz and Mobero were in the country illegally. Protestors say they want a balance between the law and mercy.

"A nation may not simple decide that it wants to provide for its own people and no others. A sincere commitment to the needs of all must prevail, particularly in a country like America," said Esquilin.

Relatives of detainees are disappointed that Congress did not pass immigration reform that provided a path to citizenship.

Meanwhile, the local chapter of 'U.S. Citizens for Immigration Law Enforcement' says that they are ready to mobilize with the Senate's failure to pass an immigration reform bill. They plan to push for more federal raids and will wage a campaign that will include a hotline to call in tips on illegals.

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=6730155
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"A nation may not simple decide that it wants to provide for its own people and no others. A sincere commitment to the needs of all must prevail, particularly in a country like America," said Esquilin.

I know she did not really say that I think ol Myra there, needs to be one of the next ones out of here.