Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,603

    CT-Man convicted, kidnapping, sex-assault case,12 yr old

    Man convicted in Milford kidnapping, sex-assault case
    By Frank Juliano Staff writer
    Updated: 10/08/2009 07:09:40 PM EDT


    MILFORD -- A Mexican citizen was convicted Thursday of kidnapping and attempting to sexually assault a young girl in a local hotel as he was smuggling her into the country.

    The six-person jury found Francisco Pascual, 26, who had been living in Maryland, not guilty of two counts of sexual assault, but guilty on all of the underlying charges. He was convicted on two counts each of kidnapping, attempt to commit sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor, along with one count of unlawful restraint.

    Pascual, in a white dress shirt and gray slacks, showed little emotion as the verdicts were read. The jury deliberated less than four hours over two days before reaching a verdict at 11:30 a.m. The trial in Milford Superior Court began Sept. 30.

    The girl, now 14, testified that Pascual broke the zipper on her jeans attempting to remove them as he forced himself on her in a Hampton Inn room on Dec. 30, 2007.

    She fled and sought help at a Boston Post Road service station, and later received medical treatment at the Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital.

    Pascual had allegedly smuggled the girl and about 10 other people into the U.S., but the two were alone after the others were dropped off in New York City.

    The immigration status of the defendant and the victim remained unclear Thursday. State's Attorney Kevin Lawlor said that Pascual will serve his time in a Connecticut prison.

    The girl, now living in the Boston area with her family, has applied for a visa to remain in the United States, Lawlor said. "It's up to the federal government and I don't know whether she'll be allowed to remain. I certainly hope so; if there is anyone who deserves to stay, it's her.''


    Defense lawyer Mark Solak had hammered away at inconsistencies in the girl's story, and in what he said was police handling of Pascual's arrest.

    Solak said after the verdict that he expects a pre-sentencing investigation to turn up information beneficial to Pascual. "There will definitely be an appeal,'' the lawyer said. "I will discuss that after the sentencing.''

    Judge William Holden said that he will impose sentence on Pascual on Dec. 3. He remains in custody on a $2 million bond. The defendant faces a maximum of 115 years in prison if the terms for all of the crimes are imposed consecutively, Lawlor said.

    The prosecutor said that he is satisfied with the verdict. "A lot of the credit goes to a young girl who came in to testify,'' he said.

    "She has faced a lot in her life.''



    http://www.connpost.com/breakingnews/ci_13514574
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  2. #2
    Administrator Jean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    65,430
    Man gets 15 years in kidnap, rape attempt

    Published: Wednesday, January 13, 2010

    4 comment(s)
    By James Tinley, Register Staff

    MILFORD — A Superior Court judge Tuesday imposed a 15-year prison sentence on the Mexican man convicted of kidnapping and attempting to rape a 12-year-old girl he was smuggling across the country in 2007.

    After hearing testimony from the 12-year-old victim and the police officers who made the arrest, a jury in October found Francisco Pascual, 27, guilty of almost all charges against him, including two counts of attempted first-degree sexual assault, two counts of kidnapping, risk of injury to a minor and unlawful restraint.

    State’s Attorney Kevin D. Lawlor said the case offered a window into the often unseen world of human trafficking, in which vulnerable people afraid of going to the authorities are preyed upon.

    “It was not just her physical well being or peace of mind, it was her innocence that he took,
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  3. #3
    Senior Member miguelina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,253
    The girl, now living in the Boston area with her family, has applied for a visa to remain in the United States, Lawlor said. "It's up to the federal government and I don't know whether she'll be allowed to remain. I certainly hope so; if there is anyone who deserves to stay, it's her.''
    Hell no, deport her, along with her mother, who paid smugglers to get her here! This is total bull! Her family put her in that position, why are we rewarding them? Her mother should also get jail time before being deported.

    I wouldn't leave my 12 year old with a 27 year old man who comes from a country that has no respect for women, no decent mother would.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •