Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cuba: Migratory Reform Debate Continues in US

Migratory Reform Debate Continues in US
    By Juana Carrasco Martin - internac@jrebelde.cip.cu -

The United States Senate is deciding to resume the debate on migratory reform, despite the boycott by the most conservative elements —maybe the term the “most racist" should be used. Meanwhile the New York Times has published a report that reveals a critical and painful situation that demonstrates that not only Hispanics are victims of the American dream.

In the push and pull between Republicans and Democrats, 24 amendments are under discussion. If the proposals of the GOP block the program for the legalization of 12 million undocumented people who reside in the United States, those of the centrist Democratic Party will be forced to compromise, given they do have a true solution to a social tragedy impacting masses of families.

Like this, flip flopping —because some days the debate opens up and on others it shuts down— a reform plan has not been definitively approved despite the needing alone a simple majority. In addition, it has gone through so many twists and turns of alternative amendments that is difficult to follow the thread and what is in reality being proposed. Still again the House version will be proposed, which seems to offer only dead-end and false hope to millions of undocumented people and their families.

In the meantime, George W. Bush’s White House is pressuring both sides of the aisle to pass the reform in order to have something to present in the next presidential elections as a Republican achievement.

However, their only proposals have been the construction of a longer and more imposing wall along the border with Mexico and a temporary worker plan. The militarized wall would be manned with more than 10,000 National Guardsmen, while the plan for temporary workers would the voluntarily return of undocumented individuals to their countries of origin. Once outside the US, they would have to pay several thousands of dollars to the American government —as a type of fine— and then request entry as the one that more, assuming they have the higher education levels or work experience that qualifies them.

W. Bush says that this it is a "historical opportunity" to legalize foreigners. The most rational analysts see this though as the execution of the hopes of thousands of families.

Taken from Juventud Rebelde

http://www.periodico26.cu/english/featu ... 062907.htm

I would like to know how many cubans in the US have comitted deportable offenses? Why is So. Florida so full of con artists?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People from Cuba have a totally different attitude then other hispanics.They are very friendly,happy,honest & hard working people.I have never heard them whinning or in anyway disrespecting US citizens and you rarely hear of them commiting crimes,instead they are grateful and just go with the flow I have no problem with them at all. Nice people
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

MW
    USPatriot wrote:

People from Cuba have a totally different attitude then other hispanics.They are very friendly,happy,honest & hard working people.I have never heard them whinning or in anyway disrespecting US citizens and you rarely hear of them commiting crimes,instead they are grateful and just go with the flow I have no problem with them at all. Nice people
    Why should they? They have the wet foot, dry foot, policy to protect them. Any Cuban that places a foot on American soil is guaranteed a path to citizenship. I detest this policy and think is is extremely discriminatory! Cuban nationals that enter this country illegally should be treated in the exact same manner as every other illegal that enters. Sorry, you touched a very sensitive button of mine.

Besides what I wrote above, I don't agree with everything you said. Cubans, like anyone else - do commit crimes, lots of them. I've spent time in Miami and seen it first hand. The Miami of today is nothing like the Miami of 25 years ago (I mean that in a very negative way).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn