Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DALLAS ISD CHIEF HINOJOSA PROTECTS BILINGUAL TEACHERS

GREAT NEWS, I can repeat this post, for the above SOB story! The DISD will not layoff any Bilingual teachers after all we want to "educate" the ILLEGALS!

Do the school districts receive more "money" to maintain the bilingual program for the ILLEGALS than they do to educate United States Citizens?

The ILLEGALS and their Anchor Babies in the Texas School System are so illiterate that “ourâ€

Isn't this the same school district that a few years ago gave every principal two years to learn Spanish or be fired?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: DALLAS ISD CHIEF HINOJOSA PROTECTS BILINGUAL TEACHERS

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    [i]

Do the school districts receive more "money" to maintain the bilingual program for the ILLEGALS than they do to educate United States Citizens?
    The answer to that question is a big YES. School districts get BIG money from the federal government on top of the about $325 per student, for every student enrolled in their ESL programs. These kids for the most part are locked into that program for 3 - 7 years. Unfortunately illegals make up a big part of the ESL classes. While their ESL class is done in English only, bilingual teachers are needed to teach core classes to them like math and science. That way school districts don't have to place aids in the class to help teach. It's like having two teachers in one so the district saves money while they take from the FED.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    [i]

The answer to that question is a big YES. School districts get BIG money from the federal government on top of the about $325 per student, for every student enrolled in their ESL programs. These kids for the most part are locked into that program for 3 - 7 years. Unfortunately illegals make up a big part of the ESL classes. While their ESL class is done in English only, bilingual teachers are needed to teach core classes to them like math and science. That way school districts don't have to place aids in the class to help teach. It's like having two teachers in one so the district saves money while they take from the FED.
    My understanding from my friends in the teacher business is that the bilingual program is to be taught in spanish "only" beginning this year for “studentsâ€

[i]

At my daughters school, the ESL Kindergarten is taught in spanish, not english. My daughters teacher is po'd at the fact that these bi-lingual teachers are paid more. I voted yesterday and the schoold district has a bond on the ballot for a $1.5 million bond to give more benefits to the ESL kids. I rejected it of course! If they needed money, then they could end all of the taxpayer subsidised programs that benifit ONLY illegals and anchor babies. They already get free breakfast, lunch AND FREE after school day care. I didn't qualify for any of these even though I am a single dad not making much money. It pisses me off to see these anchors get free stuff as their illegal parents pick them up in new Ford Explorers and Escalades, while I am stuck walking to save on gas.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr

At my daughters school, the ESL Kindergarten is taught in spanish, not english. My daughters teacher is po'd at the fact that these bi-lingual teachers are paid more. I voted yesterday and the schoold district has a bond on the ballot for a $1.5 million bond to give more benefits to the ESL kids. I rejected it of course! If they needed money, then they could end all of the taxpayer subsidised programs that benifit ONLY illegals and anchor babies. They already get free breakfast, lunch AND FREE after school day care. I didn't qualify for any of these even though I am a single dad not making much money. It pisses me off to see these anchors get free stuff as their illegal parents pick them up in new Ford Explorers and Escalades, while I am stuck walking to save on gas.
    As I got stuck with teaching ESL. I was told when I took on the task that the class was only effective if it was taught only in English. ESL is English as a Second Language. The kids either pick it up or repeat it until they do. Speaking to them in Spanish is only a crutch.

Of course I can see the reasoning here, keeping these kids from learing in English keeps them in ELS classes for the full 7 years. Schools get more money. I speak VERY limited Spanish and refuse to enguage them in Spanish of any kind. I do not even allow them to talk in class in any language but Enlish. Learn English or shut your mouth the who hour and a half you are with me.

Bilingual is another thing. These are the teachers that get big bonuses because they can go in to a class where ESL kids have been mainstreamed and teach a core class in two or more languages. Most ESL teachers are not certified in a core area so they can not teach core subjects. ESL kids have to be taught core subjects so Bilingual teachers are a must. I surely don't understand why they get more money than I do to teach the same kids. Nor will I learn another language to get the money. Its only about $2000 a year more and coaching football ceartainly pays me more than that. We also don't need to coach in any language but English.

I thought I would also put up a link showing the big gun Texas schools are over to provide programs to those who do not speak English. Not only is it part of Texas requirements but it is also a Big part of No Child Left Behind.

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/rules/tac/ch ... 089bb.html

Here is a link showing how BIG of a problem LEP children are for our public schools. Note the 57.15% growth over the last 10 years.

Department of Education
    Certified Member

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr

As I got stuck with teaching ESL. I was told when I took on the task that the class was only effective if it was taught only in English. ESL is English as a Second Language. The kids either pick it up or repeat it until they do. Speaking to them in Spanish is only a crutch.

Of course I can see the reasoning here, keeping these kids from learing in English keeps them in ELS classes for the full 7 years. Schools get more money. I speak VERY limited Spanish and refuse to enguage them in Spanish of any kind. I do not even allow them to talk in class in any language but Enlish. Learn English or shut your mouth the who hour and a half you are with me.

Bilingual is another thing. These are the teachers that get big bonuses because they can go in to a class where ESL kids have been mainstreamed and teach a core class in two or more languages. Most ESL teachers are not certified in a core area so they can not teach core subjects. ESL kids have to be taught core subjects so Bilingual teachers are a must. I surely don't understand why they get more money than I do to teach the same kids. Nor will I learn another language to get the money. Its only about $2000 a year more and coaching football ceartainly pays me more than that. We also don't need to coach in any language but English.

I thought I would also put up a link showing the big gun Texas schools are over to provide programs to those who do not speak English. Not only is it part of Texas requirements but it is also a Big part of No Child Left Behind.

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/rules/tac/ch ... 089bb.html

Here is a link showing how BIG of a problem LEP children are for our public schools. Note the 57.15% growth over the last 10 years.

Department of Education
    I can see why the nea is in favor, that is a "bunch" more teachers and members but does the nea ignore and take for granted the non-bilingual teachers and if so do they have an alternative group to join that will represent them in front of the local school districts and state when it comes to unfair layoffs for non-bilingual teachers and lower pay for non-bilingual teachers? Boy that was long.

I can see why the nea is in favor, that is a "bunch" more teachers and members but does the nea ignore and take for granted the non-bilingual teachers and if so do they have an alternative group to join that will represent them in front of the local school districts and state when it comes to unfair layoffs for non-bilingual teachers and lower pay for non-bilingual teachers? Boy that was long.
    I doubt it; I am a member of the AFT out of necessity. The only time they really help teachers is if it promotes their particular political agendas. The NEA is no better. If teachers need someone to represent them when school districts unfairly fire them, they might as well hire their own attorney.
    Certified Member

I doubt it; I am a member of the AFT out of necessity. The only time they really help teachers is if it promotes their particular political agendas. The NEA is no better. If teachers need someone to represent them when school districts unfairly fire them, they might as well hire their own attorney.
    That's interesting, could I assume that the AFT is affiliated with the AFL-CIO. It looks as if some of the labor unions support ILLEGALS and some support their United States Citizen members. Maybe the Dallas non-bilingual teachers or all non-bilingual teachers could get the I.B.E.W. from Mississippi to represent them when it comes to unfair layoffs for non-bilingual teachers and lower pay for non-bilingual teachers????

Amazing how fast they have given away OUR schools built for OUR children to accomidate people who should learn to speak English before they step foot in OUR schools...then have the Gall to replace American teachers who paid for their education in OUR colleges as a chosen career in THEIR own country.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast