Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DeMint to Berkeley: Support or Marines or Lose Funds

By Digger

Following up on the story of the disgusting vote the Berkeley City Council made the other day declaring the United States Marines an "unwelcome invader" in their city. Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina says he is working on legislation to remove funding from Berkeley and give that funding to the United States Marines.

Go Senator DeMint!

DeMint's Webpage
    http://demint.senate.gov/public/index.c ... 5616ec70e3

“This is a slap in the face to all brave service men and women and their families. The First Amendment gives the City of Berkeley the right to be idiotic, but from now on they should do it with their own money. If the city can’t show respect for the Marines that have fought, bled and died for their freedom, Berkeley should not be receiving special taxpayer funded handouts. I am currently drafting legislation to ensure that American taxpayers aren’t forced to pay for this insult by rescinding all of the earmarks for Berkeley in the Omnibus Appropriations bill, and to transfer the funds to the Marine Corps.â€

See Related Topic:
    Support the Marines: Sign the Petition against Berkeley:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-101546-.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just sighned it, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DearsisterAnise
    I just sighned it, thank you.
    Nice work, DearsisterAnise.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)