Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Is Dennis Miller’s Racist Hate-Speech Supposed To Be Funny?

http://www.newshounds.us

Reported by Ellen - September 22, 2006 - 129 comments
    Dennis Miller started his weekly gig on Hannity & Colmes last night in a segment called “Real Free Speech.” They should have called it, “I Hate Mexicans, Just Kidding.” If this is FOX News’ strategy to win back viewers, I think they ought to think again. I never thought I’d say this but I’d rather watch Sean Hannity.

Miller started his screed with this “witticism:”

Tonight, I want to talk to you about the elephant-sized piñata in the room: illegal immigration. Now, I don’t have anything against Mexican people but for God’s sakes, sign the guest book on the way in. Come on, if you’re going to knock off a nooner with a co-worker at a bad motel, you have to scrawl your Juan Hancock on the guest blotter.
    He continued with this knee-slapper:

Protecting our borders is not a racist act… We have to confront this problem right now because the rubicon grande has obviously been crossed. I realized that when I heard there’s now a copy of the national anthem sung completely in Spanish, although truth be told I’ve kind of been doing it a little bit myself over the years because I don’t know about you but I always start the song off ‘Jose can you see?’
    In his next “joke,” Miller got Mexican President Vicente Fox’s name wrong.

Vincente (sic) Fox always reminds me of Lyle Waggoner in his Zorro sketch. And you know something? If he’s as proud of his country as he says he is, maybe he should try to honcho his economy out of the permanent state of siesta it’s in so his people can stay home and make a buck – or sixty trillion pesos, whatever today’s conversion rate may be.

Miller continued by misrepresenting Americans’ sentiments about illegal immigration. “Right about now, 80% of this country has reached the same point with illegal immigration that (President Bush) did after Saddam Hussein lined his birdcage with that 17th UN resolution on Iraq. Enough is enough.” In fact, recent polls make clear that while Americans think illegal immigration is a serious problem, they hardly feel that we ought to take military action. The polls repeatedly indicate that Americans favor some kind of guest worker/path to citizenship program.

Nevertheless, Miller labeled everyone who doesn’t hate illegal immigrants as “wanting them coming here unchecked.” He “kidded” that those who don’t agree with them should leave the country.

And so I present my Mexican lifeboat theory. It’s quite simple. If you really want everybody coming here unchecked, just give up your seat in the boat. One illegal immigrant in, one proponent of illegal immigration out. Hey, if you’re gonna talk the come on up talk, you gotta walk the head down south walk.

What’s up next week? Jokes about Muslims? I can hardly wait.

Crooks and Liars has the video. As John Amato there pointed out, He was so unfunny that Hannity & Colmes just signed off after he finished.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,215178,00.html

Funnyman Dennis Miller Returns to FNC!

Friday , September 22, 2006

This is a partial transcript from "Hannity & Colmes," September 21, 2006, that has been edited for clarity.

SEAN HANNITY, CO-HOST: Finally tonight, here's our old friend, Dennis Miller, with some real free speech.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

DENNIS MILLER, FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR: Hey, folks. Nice to be back.

Tonight I want to talk to you about the elephant-sized piñata in the room, illegal immigration. Now I don't have anything against Mexican people, but for God's sakes, sign the gust book on the way in.

Come on. If you're going to knock off a nooner with a co-worker at a bad motel you have to scrawl your worn Hancock on the desk blotter. Of course, you should sign in at the border.

Protecting our borders is not a racist act, and anybody who tells you that it is, be they Mexico-American, American-Mexican, American-American or Mexican-Mexican, is quite simply full of it, full of it. Sit down, Alan.

We have to confront this problem right now, because the Rubicon Grande has obviously been crossed. I realized that when I heard there's now a copy of the national anthem sung completely in Spanish. Although, truth be told, I've kind of been doing it a little bit myself over the years. Because I don't know about you, but I always start the song off "Jose can you see?"

Now I place a lot of the blame on our two presidents. I don't like Fox. The president, not the network. Love the network. I love Roger Ailes. Love, love, love, love, love, love, but Vicente Fox always reminds me of Nile Wagner in his Zorro sketch.

And you know something? If he's proud of his country as he says he is, maybe he should try to honcho his economy out of the permanent state of siesta it's in so its people can stay home and make a buck or 60 trillion pesos, whatever today's conversion rate may be.

And while I truly admire President Bush, I just don't get him at all on illegal immigration. I sometimes think that his soft approach to his problem might possibly have something to do with the reflexive guilty he might feel about his patrician upbringing.

I believe as he made the long mosey from Yale to y'all, he found himself touched by people who don't take the gift of America for granted. Well, that's fine, sir. But you have to realize that right about now 80 percent of this country has reached the same point with illegal immigration that you did after Saddam Hussein lined his bird cage with that 17th U.N. resolution on Iraq. Enough is enough.

And so I present my Mexican/American lifeboat theory. It's quite simple. If you really want everybody coming here unchecked, just give up your seat in the boat. One illegal immigrant in, one proponent of illegal immigration out.

Hey, if you're going to talk the "come on up" talk, you've got to walk the "head down south" walk.

Back to you, Holmes and Watson.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

COLMES: Has me defending Bush.

HANNITY: OK, Inspector Clouseau. I'll tell you, Inspector Clouseau- Miller.

Watch "Hannity & Colmes" weeknights at 9 p.m. ET!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

UB

Excuse me, but I didn't get the "racist" or "hate". Is there more to the speech that you did not post.

UB
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

MW
    In fact, recent polls make clear that while Americans think illegal immigration is a serious problem, they hardly feel that we ought to take military action. The polls repeatedly indicate that Americans favor some kind of guest worker/path to citizenship program.
    What polls?????

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, apparently Dennis Miller does not approve of illegal immigration, so of course that makes him a racist. Anti-illegal = racist, right?

Blah blah blah blah...

Wish I'd seen it.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by noyoucannot
    Well, apparently Dennis Miller does not approve of illegal immigration, so of course that makes him a racist. Anti-illegal = racist, right?
    lol yeah... makes me like Dennis Miller again... he wasn't too bad as a Football caster either.

In fact, recent polls make clear that while Americans think illegal immigration is a serious problem, they hardly feel that we ought to take military action. The polls repeatedly indicate that Americans favor some kind of guest worker/path to citizenship program.

That's where you are wrong Ellen. You are falling for those fake designer polls that contradict all of the other 80+% readings that say Americans want illegal aliens to return home. PERIOD.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If someone has to ask "Racism or Humor" they reeeaaallly need to get the stick out of their hiney or at least go see a psychiatrist and get some antidepressants.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

I don't frequent News Hounds because it's a bomb thrower with Fox News its primary target. Consequently, because Ellen obscures her last name, I had to look it up: Elaborates. I'd remind her Mexico is not a race. In fact, because it's not even much of a country, it's great material for all the comedians. She's just pissed 'cuz Miller's a conservative, and kinda' funny too.
    '58 Airedale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast