Like Tree3Likes

Thread: DHS spent nearly $1 billion on faulty radios for border patrol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DHS spent nearly $1 billion on faulty radios for border patrol

Oops

10:37 a.m. ET

The Department of Homeland Security dropped some $945 million on new radio systems for border patrol at the southern border, but it didn't do much to improve the situation. In fact, some border patrol agents reported that they were able to communicate more effectively before the new technology was installed.

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) report on the new radio systems found that the border patrol "has not established an ongoing performance monitoring plan to determine whether the systems are working as intended" and thus is not able to determine if the nearly billion-dollar investment is "functioning as intended in each location and are meeting user needs." Bonnie Kristian

http://theweek.com/speedreads/546458...-border-patrol
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, please tell me how you can verify a system that doesn't work is working? The fact that they can't be verified as working as planned is all I would need to know to demand every cent of the $945 million back that was wasted on them. Who was the supplier? Some Tata affiliated import outfit?
    Last edited by Judy; 03-27-2015 at 11:10 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But the republican leadership in Congress recently insisted that the dept. had to be fully funded? The longer that party is in charge, the more evidence we acquire about their inefficient governing, don't we? They do have oversight responsibilities, and for weeks Jeh Johnson was working the halls of congress for full funding. This info would have been nice before fully funding.

(My devious mind wants me to ask would inadequate radios been ordered purposefully to deter good enforcement. I am very suspicious!) And Congress in all its glory funds this crap! That pisses me off thoroughly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    The Government Accountability Office (GAO) report on the new radio systems found that the border patrol "has not established an ongoing performance monitoring plan to determine whether the systems are working as intended" and thus is not able to determine if the nearly billion-dollar investment is "functioning as intended in each location and are meeting user needs."
    Why should DHS test the system, it's just a joke anyway. 'Bama & Co. have told them to make sure that the kids all are clothed and fed and shipped off to where nobody will bother them. This kind of wholesale contempt for our laws will never cause the people in the field to actually care if they're following proper procedure.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade