by Katie McHugh
9 Jul 2015

In an exclusive interview, billionaire Donald Trump tells Breitbart News that voters respond powerfully to his statements on immigration and trade, and that he is the only candidate who can defeat presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in 2016.

“It’s been a wild ride. It’s been pretty wild. But the message is getting out there and the polls are looking good, and we’re doing fine. And I’m enjoying it,” said Trump, who shot up in the polls after taking a strong stand against illegal immigration. “I loved what I was doing before, but this is so important for the country, because politicians are never going to make our country great.”

On the day he launched his campaign, Trump stated flat out:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people.”

The backlash in the liberal mainstream press and amongst several businesses was swift — but backfired. After Macy’s dropped Trump’s men’s clothing line, thousands of customers cut up their Macy’s credit cards in protest.

It was a hasty decision that will come back to haunt the retailer, according to Trump.

“Well, they’re weak and they’re trying to be politically correct. What they don’t understand is, it’s hurting them,” Trump said. “Many people are cutting up their credit cards at Macy’s because of this. And by the thousands. I’m hearing it all the time from so many people. People are not going to put up with this kind of stuff anymore, because what’s happening with illegal immigration and crime is just disgraceful.”

Trump also dismissed GOP establishment figures like Karl Rove and John Jordan, who called Trump an “embarrassment” yet lost $1.4 million backing a candidate that crashed and burned.

“Karl Rove spent $430 million dollars on various campaigns last cycle. Didn’t win one. Which is pretty hard to do,” Trump said. “And Jordan, I never met him and I don’t know him. But Karl Rove spent $430 million dollars and didn’t win one race, and I think that’s pretty sad, and I can’t imagine how anybody would listen to him.”

But, he explained, many other wealthy backers have approached him and the call he had with GOP chairman Reince Priebus was a congratulatory one. Meanwhile, crowds are growing so big, the campaign is forced to keep renting bigger venues to contain them.

“People want the truth, and they want to hear it straight! They’re tired of listening to politicians who are all talk and no action, and nothing ever gets done,” Trump said. “And our country’s in big trouble.”

Asked what he thought of Clinton’s comments to CNN, Trump gave a blistering reply, slamming Hillary for refusing to release the emails she sent on a private server as Secretary of State, and leaving a U.S. ambassador to die during a 2012 terrorist attack in Libya. Clinton told CNN that she was “very disappointed” in Trump for pointing out the devastating harm illegal immigration does to the U.S. — but not disappointed enough to return some $100,000 Trump donated to the Clinton Foundation.

Well, that’s interesting,” Trump began.

"I donate a lot of money to many different people, and many different foundations — but I’m disappointed in her. I’m disappointed that she didn’t give her emails. I’m disappointed that she was the worst Secretary of State in the history of the country. I’m disappointed at her — what happened in Benghazi and lots of other places during her term. I am disappointed in Hillary. During her tenure, I should say. But I’m disappointed in Hillary. So when she says she’s disappointed in me, I’m far more disappointed in her, and so is the American public."

“And I don’t think she will win the race. If I win, I will beat Hillary. And I believe I’m the only candidate that will be able to beat Hillary,” Trump added.

One can have great respect for Mexico and treat the country fairly — and demand that they do the same, Trump said. Other countries walk all over the U.S. on trade, thanks in part to American leadership failing to negotiate deals that benefit Americans.

“We’re getting killed on trade, all over the world. Not only with Mexico — and I have great respect for Mexico. I have great relationships with the Hispanics and I always have. I employ thousands of Hispanics. I’ve employed so many. They’re phenomenal people. I have great, great love for the Mexican people. I have respect for the country of Mexico.”

“The problem is,” he continued, “the leadership in Mexico is so much smarter than our leadership. And the trade deals they’re making are good for Mexico, and bad for the United States. They’re terrible for the United States.”

“And I believe that’s a factor in Univision, because I think Mexico wanted Univision to do something to get me, even more so than the border, get me to stop talking about the horrible trade deals the United States is making with Mexico, because Mexico is making fortunes with these trade deals, they’re so bad,” Trump said, referring to Univision’s refusal to air the Miss USA pageant after he slammed illegal immigration. Trump immediately sued for breach of contract and defamation to the tune of $500 million.

A Donald Trump administration would put an end to the outsourcing, poor trade deals, and mass immigration gutting the middle class, Trump stated.

“So, with me, that won’t happen. Those deals will be the opposite. We’ll bring back jobs from China, from Japan, from Mexico, from all of these countries that are ripping us off. We won’t have bad trade deals anymore. We’ll have the best,” Trump said.

http://www.breitbart.com/immigration...-beat-hillary/