Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dunkin’ targets illegals: Sues West Concord franchisee

Dunkin’ targets illegals: Sues West Concord franchisee
    By Jay Fitzgerald
    Boston Herald General Economics Reporter

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dunkin’ Donuts appears to be cracking down on undocumented immigrants working at its franchises, and is accusing one franchisee in West Concord of not complying with laws.

The giant Canton-based donut and coffee chain earlier this week filed a lawsuit against a lone franchisee, West Concord Donuts Inc., claiming it had hired undocumented workers at its Dunkin’ outlet.

The suit also says the owners of the franchise at 1191 Main St. in West Concord didn’t keep up with promised licensing fees. The company, via its franchise units, is seeking to yank its franchise agreement with West Concord Donuts Inc., according to the suit.

An owner of the West Concord Dunkin’ Donuts outlet declined comment and referred questions to the main corporation.

A spokesman for Dunkin’ Donuts said it doesn’t comment on pending litigation. But he said that last June, Dunkin’ agreed to voluntarily participate in the so-called “basic pilot” computer system that allows employers to verify whether workers are legally in the country and have Social Security numbers.

The federal government has been steadily clamping down on illegal immigrants working in the United States. In one of the more high-profile cases in recent years, Homeland Security agents last month raided a New Bedford apparel company, Michael Bianco Inc., and rounded up hundreds of illegal immigrants working at the facility.

In its suit, Dunkin’ says West Concord Donuts “knowingly and purposefully breached” its franchise agreement by “violating” federal immigration and employment laws at its shop. The suit said owners “knowingly accepted false identification documents” for hiring purposes.

Dunkin’ also said the company failed to keep up its franchise fees, or the percentage of the shop’s total gross sales.

http://business.bostonherald.com/busine ... ormat=text
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I will buy Dunkin Donuts forever! What a patriotic American company! They are demanding high standards and the rule of law be followed by their franchise's!

Three cheers for Dunkin Donuts!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They have to best coffee around and illegal alien free, does not get much better than that
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wrote to thank them last year and they were very gracious and adamant with regards to upholding our laws. I love their coffee and while I don't need the doughnuts, I make it a point to pick up at least half a dozen every weekend.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    I wrote to thank them last year and they were very gracious and adamant with regards to upholding our laws. I love their coffee and while I don't need the doughnuts, I make it a point to pick up at least half a dozen every weekend.
    I wrote them last year too. When the marches were going on and "some" companies were giving illegals time off Dunkin' Donuts said they were going have the store owners confirm the legal status of their employees! We need more companies like this!

Since Krispy Kreme shut down in Houston, I'll be heading to Dunkin' on my morning office runs!!