Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Editorial: Of murder and migrants

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/editorials/ar ... 91,00.html

Editorial: Of murder and migrants
    September 24, 2006

Officials are puzzling over an Indian River County murder mystery: The six homicides recorded in the first nine months of this year are double the total of the previous two years combined.

Theories and explanations range from that old bugaboo — growth — to a mere statistical anomaly. But one clue virtually shouts for attention: Illegal aliens have been implicated in three of the killings. Three other Hispanic men lay dead.

Hispanics, who, according to the latest Census figures, account for less than 10 percent of the county's population, allegedly committed at least half of this year's homicides.

(No suspect has been named in the July 15 slaying of Regene Helen McPherson; the other two cases — one white, one black — were husband-wife disputes that turned fatal.)

Initial news accounts glossed over the immigration angle, but Sheriff Roy Raymond's staff has noted an increasing number of crimes committed by undocumented migrants.

"We've seen a rise in Latino gang activity here. It's becoming a major problem," Raymond says. "Unfortunately, it's hard to get the feds to do anything."

The fact that three homicide suspects are known to have resided in this county illegally for years without anyone taking action provides yet more proof that the immigration-enforcement system is in shambles. Local judges repeatedly fine people for driving without licenses, and let them go. Criminals with no proof of legal residency serve time in jail, and then walk free. Wink, wink, nod, nod.

This revolving-door justice is no justice at all.

Davidson County (Tenn.) Sheriff Daron Hall finally got fed up this summer when an illegal immigrant, who had been arrested 14 times in the Nashville area, ended up in a fatal drunken-driving accident that killed a suburban couple. Nashville police arrested more than 4,200 illegal residents last year; just 151 were deported.

Raymond says he wants to follow Hall's lead in implementing a little-used 1996 federal law that empowers local authorities to take action. The Delegation of Authority Program allows officers to "identify, process and, when appropriate, detain immigration offenders they encounter during their regular, daily law-enforcement, activity."

Law officers believe that the 15,000 illegal aliens sitting in Florida's jails and prisons are just the tip of the iceberg. Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement admits that it checks the legal status of only about six of 10 immigrants who commit crimes serious enough to land them in prison. As in Tennessee, deportations are rare.

With one deputy certified by ICE, the Sheriff's Office can, and should, do more to get criminals off our streets. By definition, immigrants smuggled into this country or overstaying their visas have broken the law.

They shouldn't be allowed to stick around to break even more laws.

3 HOMICIDES, 5 ILLEGAL ALIENS

Undocumented aliens are victims, suspects or charged in half of Indian River County's slayings this year:

April 3: Jose Mateo Ros, an illegal immigrant, is stabbed to death. Marvin Omar Hernandez, an illegal alien living here for the past two years, is sought on a murder warrant.

April 7: Alberto Certa Monroy, an illegal alien living here for five years, is charged in the murder of Raul Perez, a resident alien.

June 11: Heinan Cortez, an illegal resident of at least six years, is charged in the murder of an undocumented, unidentified Hispanic man.

Source: Indian River County Sheriff's Office
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And none of the illegals should have been here to cause the crimes.

Remind anyone of the Padilla case?

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... illa+trial
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

We have enough of our criminals and don't need anymore. What really irks me is the fact the media keeps it quiet regarding illegals who commit crimes. There was a rape on Hollywood Beach this past week and the 3 men arrested were illegals who were working in a restaurant nearby. They slept on the beach temporarily at one point because their old car was broken and they couldn't buy another one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IMO, I think each and every crime reported, should give the residential status of the 'alleged' offender...citizen or no, visitor, etc. It could be as simple as a check off box or one click of the computer.

I believe this alone, would shock our citizenry. It would also be an easy way of keeping stats, locally, by state, or nationally. It would also be factual data for our lawBreakers to consider, as they try to give our country away.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Curiouspat I think it would be an excellant idea to compile stats on who is committing these crimes. I will look up the stats (UCR) that the FBI put out and see if they have anything. It's about time people knew the truth.
    I don't think it clicks in when people read about the illegals that ICE has rounded up. Usually they tell you how many are criminals but then most papers now put those articles towards the back of the local section. When the immigrants were protesting those ICE raids were in the front or second page of the local section in both the English and Spanish papers. This was also put on TV. It was good as that scared the hell out of them and many did not show up to work for days.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I went and looked up crimes committed by illegal aliens and got the shock of my life. I knew it was bad but not as bad as it really is. The stats on one web site regarding how many crimes an illegal committed and what they were unbelievable. Check it out at:

http://www.newswithviews.com/kouri/jim62.htm

Another wbsite combined september's National Hispanic Month with National Crime Prevention Awareness Month. It was titled: "National Hispanic Crime Prevention Awareness Month." It talks about how some people believe the sob stories and then they hit you with reality. The writer also gave stats. From October 1, 2003 to September 8th, 2004 in the Tuscon sector they arrested 12,535 illegal aliens with criminal records, 175 of them were for sexual offenses and 605 had active warrants for their arrest. This is scary as the invasion has probably grown since then.

"Hispanic heritage and their contributions to American culture might be worth celebrating, I don't know. I'm tooconcerned with what they have contributed American culture by way of crime - starting with their first: the crime of illegal entry."

http://www.vdare.com/bevens/hispanic_month.htm