Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: CAN WE SUE OUR OFFICIALS??

WOW!! Thank you StokeyBob for the tons of info you posted. So correct me if I'm wrong, but basically we are screwed unless we have Sheriff Aripiao (sp) in AZ in charge of ICE, right?

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    Quote Originally Posted by upsman
    Isn't non-enforcement of the law the same as breaking the law? If it is, then why can't a huge group of citizens sue our elected officials for either breaking the law of non perfomance of their duties?? Think about it!!!
    I don't just think about it I report some of the cases of aiding and abetting of the illegal aliens by sworn officials.

Many of them are boldly going where few criminals have dared to go before; right out in front of the Main Stream Media!

This is a link to something that was brought to my attention this weekend.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-88512-.html

[size=84]Excerpts of Aiding and Abetting Laws and links.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/...08_00001324----000-.html

Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)

"Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/statutes/whd/0006.iana.htm

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):
    A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:
    * assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or
    * encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
    * knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Also see authority to arrest;

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/display.html?terms=1...---000-.html

TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12 > SUBCHAPTER II > Part VIII > § 1324

Snip...

(c) Authority to arrest
    No officer or person shall have authority to make any arrests for a violation of any provision of this section except officers and employees of the Service designated by the Attorney General, either individually or as a member of a class, [color=red]and all other officers whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws.

"and all other officers whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws.â€
    When in doubt, empty the clip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    StokeyBob,
    Check out this site for complete details on the immigration law you mentioned and more...(not meant as an endorsement of the attorney or firm, just a source of information)

http://www.johntfloyd.com/immigration-lawyer.htm
    Thanks tiredofapathy,

It is hard to find an honest attorney nowadays. In my county they all seem to be locked into a justice system that operates in a manner that serves their idea of how they think things should work but not necessarily what is best for the public in general, regardless of the spirit or the way the law is written. In my opinion anyway.

I book marked it.

Sheriff Joe is great but we need some in law enforcement that will bust the lowlifes that are feeding this problem.

Here is my two-step plan.

We may have to kiss the keisters of the illegal invaders, it is still a felony to aid and abet them.

If some honest men and women in law enforcement, would go after the lowlifes in the government, business and the general population that have been aiding and abetting them, by the time they had enough of a handle on the job to raise their heads and look around, I don’t think many illegal aliens would still be left.

We don't need any new laws to do this either. Just some honest men and women that take their oaths of office seriously.

Finding them is the first step!

P.S. Maybe we need to start reporting these crimes like we expect them to do their jobs and do something about it. Why haven't we? Did this just sort of sneak up on us and we all overlooked the part about reporting crime?

I see enough violations I could work at it full time just reporting.

ICE ain't coming!!

A friend of mine is on the County Sheriff's Dept. and hasw told me that ICE has told them that unless they have 60 of the damned illegals (their words) tied to a tree don't call them. One of the illegals hit my car ans another one and totalled both of ours plus his. The State Police showed up and fined the illegal for not having a drivers license (he had no ins either) and the illegal paid the trooper with cash on the spot and walked off down the road. I called the troopers barracks and was told by a sergeant that that procedure was totally acceptable. Ain't that some CRAP!!! Someone is breaking the law here and it ain't me!![/b]
    When in doubt, empty the clip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Welcome kreativeart

Glad to have you in the fight. Thanks for your activism of spreading the word. Are you familiar with NumbersUSA? Roy Beck's video is jaw dropping.

You stated:

"What they failed to talk about in this article was the impact of unchecked illegal immigration on the habitat, i.e. tons of trash and human waste, the transport of disease, illegal campfires, throwing of firebombs at border patrol officers, gang violence, terrorism, etc. Don't they think these things also have a huge impact on the environment?"

You're right so many of the MSM don't report that. Sean Hannity had a week series on "The Price We Pay" for illegal immigration. One of the nights did hit on the environmental mess and showed pictures of it. Then you have to laugh at the environmentalists trying to stop the fence because of a lizard or plant. They are ignoring the real cost to the environment including the Border Patrol and Forest Service saying the illegals are taking eggs from birds in desert and eating them.
    Thanks Gogo!

Yeah, those environmentalists never cease to amaze me. Such double standards. How can anyone take them seriously? I sure can't!

I have been a member of NumbersUSA for almost a year now, sending faxes and calling the politicians. It's a constant battle, and if we don't remain vigilant, it will run over us like a juggernaut! Thank God for ALIPAC and NumbersUSA as we now have a means by which to get our voices heard!

Back to the environmental impact thing, check out this web site with lots of pictures of the quagmire of filth left by illegal aliens across our southern border. You can bet none of this will ever be seen on the MSN networks:
    http://www.desertinvasion.us/invasion_p ... asion.html

As someone who lives in a border town, seeing the crime rate go up and the population increase exponentially, this makes me angry and sick!

Re: ICE ain't coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by upsman
    A friend of mine is on the County Sheriff's Dept. and hasw told me that ICE has told them that unless they have 60 of the damned illegals (their words) tied to a tree don't call them. One of the illegals hit my car ans another one and totalled both of ours plus his. The State Police showed up and fined the illegal for not having a drivers license (he had no ins either) and the illegal paid the trooper with cash on the spot and walked off down the road. I called the troopers barracks and was told by a sergeant that that procedure was totally acceptable. Ain't that some CRAP!!! Someone is breaking the law here and it ain't me!![/b]
    OMG! That is outrageous! There are two border patrol agents in prison for doing their jobs, yet these bozos get away with taking bribes and then allowed the illegal to walk away from the scene of the accident? Aren't there TWO laws being broken here, taking a bribe, and hit and run?

FREE RAMOS AND COMPEAN!

Update

Now the ACLU is spinning this as "they were just getting emergency supplies?"

http://nctimes.com/articles/2007/11/...4536809066.txt

ACLU reports human rights abuses during and after fires

Saying illegal immigrants and others faced discrimination after the recent fires, the American Civil Liberties Union and a group of immigrant rights' advocates called on emergency officials Thursday to stop the practice of asking for identification at disaster shelters and help centers.

The ACLU released a report saying it and other groups have received "hundreds of reports of civil liberties, civil rights, and human rights abuses" during and after the firestorm that started last week. Those reports include allegations that people were denied shelter and other services when they couldn't provide identification. The report also says at least one person was arrested and deported after getting supplies from a shelter.

Also, local radio link to discussion about the illegal immigrant issue and the fires. Ruben Navarette comments...

http://www.kpbs.org/radio/editors_roundtable;id=10099

Synopsis:
    This week, San Diego recovers from the wildfires that ravaged the county. Will these massive wildfires be the norm in our region?

Also, FEMA holds a fake news conference to discuss the federal wildfire response in Southern California. Why was the media shut out?

And, undocumented immigrants who live in our region are also impacted by the fires. How did their experiences compare to that of other evacuees?

Guests:

Scott Lewis, co-executive editor of voiceofsandiego.org.
    JW August, managing editor for 10 News.
    Ruben Navarrette, Jr., a member of the editorial board of the San Diego Union-Tribune, and a nationally-syndicated columnist.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

http://kpbs.org/news/local;id=10085

Complaints Surface of Overzealous Law Enforcement at Fire Evacuation Centers

Complaints have surfaced regarding overzealous law enforcement by San Diego Police and County Sheriffs at evacuation centers during last week's wildfires. Minorities were the targets of most of the incidents. KPBS Reporter Amy Isackson has details.

Mark and Yolanda Valdovino and their three children were evacuated from their Potrero home Sunday night.

They grabbed their backpacks as the flames rolled towards them and fled to Qualcomm Stadium. Then, they went to the Del Mar Fairgrounds. And that's where they ran into trouble.

Valdovino says they were getting ready to go to bed at the Del Mar shelter last Friday night. He went out to his car to get his wife's clothes. On his way back upstairs he was questioned by four Sheriffs deputies.

Valdovino: And goes, what you doing right here? And I go, I am staying right here with my wife and my kids. And he goes, you got an ID? And I go sure. And I show him my ID.

Valdovino says his ID shows his sister's Logan home as his mailing address because he only has a PO Box in Portero.

He says the deputy suggested he and his family leave the shelter and stay at his sisters' house.

Valdovino: And he was just looking at me like I was no one. Like he didn't believe nothing I was telling him, you know what I mean?

Valdovino's wife, Yoldanda, says a few Sheriffs deputies came upstairs to see if her story matched her husband's.

Yolanda Valdovino: It scared me because I thought we were going to have to leave. And it's like we have very few family members. My parents passed away. So I really didn't know where else to go.

In the end, the Valdovino's stayed. Their story is consistent with complaints at evacuation sites around the county.

Keisha King evacuated from Spring Valley to Qualcomm with her sister and their six children. She was packing up to leave the shelter after three days. Red Cross volunteers told her to take anything she needed.

However, a San Diego Police officer told her a different story as she made her way to her car with a pack of diapers and a case of water in her baby's stroller.

King: She proceeded to tell me that she has watched me all day bring things in and out, in and out. And I told her no you have not been watching me bring things in and out because this is my first time walking out the stadium because we heard we were going to go to a hotel room. It was clear that it was a race problem. It was clear. I am dark skinned and I have gold teeth. But that does not give them no rights to stress people out in a stressful situation.

San Diego Police also stopped a Mexican family at Qualcomm for allegedly looting food, water and children's toys. The family swears they were gathering supplies at the urging of Red Cross volunteers because they didn't know what conditions they'd face at home.

Police called the Border Patrol. In the end, six were deported, including a two-year old U.S. citizen. The Mexican Consulate is investigating.

Johnathan Galendez is a mechanical engineering student at UCSD who volunteered at Qualcomm.

He says police didn't bat an eyelash when he helped a Caucasian couple to their car with a mountain of supplies. But Galendez says law enforcement was all over him later when he helped a Latino woman carry out a case of water.

Further, he says around midnight on Wednesday, he watched as San Diego Police woke up people to check their IDs and then kick out those who didn't have them.

Galendez: We're like, there goes another one. We just kept seeing it. It just became a game cause like there's another one, there's another one and.

Galendez says another volunteer told him police kicked out an entire family who'd watched their house burn down.

Rodger Doncaster is with the Red Cross and was stationed at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.

Doncaster: There's always folks who show up without identification. I mean, they’re evacuated and come on in. We ask their name and address. Doncaster says Sheriffs deputies were concerned homeless people were taking advantage of the Del Mar shelter.

Doncaster: And our reply to them was yes, practically everyone here is homeless. They had been evacuated from their areas. They don't know, we don't know who has a home and who hasn't.

Doncaster says Red Cross volunteers eventually prevailed upon Sheriffs Deputies to reduce their presence.

These stories and other accounts are compiled in a report the American Civil Liberties Union in San Diego, the Immigrant Rights Consortium and Justice Overcoming Boundaries released this morning.

Kevin Keenan is Executive Director of the ACLU in San Diego.
    Keenan: You have people of color, mostly Latino but also African American who are leaving these relief centers with goods and their subject to greater scrutiny because of the way they look. You know, when there are mounds and mounds of relief supplies and people who need them, law enforcement shouldn't be intervening to say who gets what and to second guess the relief workers on site.

Keenan called Police Chief Bill Landsdowne last week to try to get police to change their practice.

Keenan: To Chief Landsdowne's credit, he said, "I told them to knock that crap out." Unfortunately, they didn't.

Chief Landsdowne was unavailable in time for air.
    San Diego County Undersheriff Bill Gore is looking into the matter.

Amy Isackson, KPBS News.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

I love the ACLU
    Stop the MOB deny the JOB

concernedmother
    What really makes me sad is not the harassment the local police must impose on the people, I’m sad at the inaction of our local and federal government over the past 30 years over illegal immigration, have now put our law officers in such a bad position in the first place. Shame on our government, they created this mess.
    Stop the MOB deny the JOB