Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

El Salvadoran convicted for claiming to be U.S. citizen

El Salvadoran convicted for claiming to be U.S. citizen
    Posted to: Crime News Norfolk

By Lauren King
    The Virginian-Pilot
    © January 29, 2009

NORFOLK

A 33-year-old man was found guilty today of five felony charges related to false statements on employment eligibility verification forms, a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office Eastern Virginia.

Josue Osmaro Garcia-Ochoa, of El Salvador, is scheduled to be sentenced May 19 and faces a maximum of five years in prison on each count.

According to court evidence, Garcia Ochoa, an alien in the United States in Temporary Protected Status, made false statements to three separate concrete construction companies – two in Virginia Beach and one in Chesapeake - regarding his employment eligibility verification forms, twice claiming to be a U.S. citizen and once claiming to be a lawful permanent resident and provided documentation that concealed his true status, the news release said.

Garcia-Ochoa was born in San Salvador, El Salvador.

An investigation was initiated after a Virginia Beach police officer made a traffic stop of an illegal alien who had a business card of Garcia-Ochoa’s, the news release said.

Garcia-Ochoa was found guilty today after a two-day bench trial.
    http://hamptonroads.com/2009/01/el-salv ... us-citizen
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He has TPS and still did this?

Stupid is as stupid does.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I have heard that more than half the TPSers failed to file on time last year in expectation of amnesty
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Speaking of amnesrty, I wonder how many non-US citizens checked the voter registration box on license applications? That's an automatic felony and a deportable offense, isn't it? Wonder how many actually voted and/or reported for jury duty?
    Guess they won't be getting any amnesty.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Wonder how many actually voted and/or reported for jury duty?
    I've been called for jury duty 5 times and actually sat on one. The first four times weren't to bad but the last one was a horror. Here in NYC it's three day mandatory to show up and be interviewed for possible juries. What I didn't know is the law was changed so that those claiming not to speak english had to stay for all three days. So there I was in a room with about 150 people, two thirds of which weren't speaking english.