Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I wonder why a first year law student who presumably wants to become a lawyer would want to try to argue that enforcing US immigration law is unconstitutional when the Constitution empowered the federal government to enforce immigration law after 1808 and the states have been empowered to enforce it every day since the Constitution was ratified and we became a nation.
    Scary isn't it!

Either this person does not know the Constitution, or knows it and has chosen to ignore it, due to its inconvenience in pursuing an amnesty agenda.
    It really is very very troubling. And yes, it is most likely one of the two situations you mention, because what third possibility could there be, when the right and duty to deport illegal aliens from our territory is spelled out clear as a day in the US Constitution from the Preamble on down.

Makes you then wonder how many law professors uphold the US Constitution. Maybe we should keep that in mind when we select our candidates for public offices. The last thing we need is a bunch of lawyers in our government who don't know the US Constitution. It's kind of like putting a sailor on a sailboat who doesn't know how to sail, because well, he worked in the galley.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I got to this thread late yesterday and thought Lstudent wouldn't come back.

I meant to post this:
    Stop and Identify statutes
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

“Stop and identifyâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="Ratbstard"]I got to this thread late yesterday and thought Lstudent wouldn't come back.

I meant to post this:
    Stop and Identify statutes
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

“Stop and identifyâ€

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Came in to this one really late, but would like to make two points/observations/comments:

1. My daughter and son-in-law are police officers who all too frequently come in contact with illegal aliens, and have often expressed deep regret that due to the inadequacies of our government on the local, state, and federal level, have all too often been forced to let the criminal aliens go. There is not only a need, but an overwhelming desire on the part of law enforcement to properly process, prosecute, and deport each and every one of these criminals. They simply lack the tools and the support to do so. The SAVE Act, E-verify, workplace raids, employer punishment in the form of fines, imprisonment, and revokation of business license are a good start, and all should be implemented nationwide in due haste.

Not to provide the tools and support is negligent, and should be addressed in a class action civil suit against the federal government.

2. In my opinion, Lstudent is an open-borders, pro-amnesty troll.
    <div>
    </div>

Trolls can be fun when they remain civil and carry on an actual debate.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    Came in to this one really late, but would like to make two points/observations/comments:

1. My daughter and son-in-law are police officers who all too frequently come in contact with illegal aliens, and have often expressed deep regret that due to the inadequacies of our government on the local, state, and federal level, have all too often been forced to let the criminal aliens go. There is not only a need, but an overwhelming desire on the part of law enforcement to properly process, prosecute, and deport each and every one of these criminals. They simply lack the tools and the support to do so. The SAVE Act, E-verify, workplace raids, employer punishment in the form of fines, imprisonment, and revokation of business license are a good start, and all should be implemented nationwide in due haste.

Not to provide the tools and support is negligent, and should be addressed in a class action civil suit against the federal government.

2. In my opinion, Lstudent is an open-borders, pro-amnesty troll.
    Yes, it is truly negligent not to provide the tools and resources for local law enforcement to arrest, detain and deport illegal aliens. And I agree 100% that the SAVE ACT, E-verify, workplace raids, employer punishment in the form of fines, imprisonment, revocation of business licenses are good starts as well as expansion of the 287 (g) program to help train local law enforcement on federal law to arrest and deport for every police agency in the country. Local law enforcement knows how to arrest and detain, so all they really need is the funding and procedure for deportations.

We have over 3,140 county Sheriffs departments, over 19,000 municipal police departments and 50 state highway patrol organizations who know their towns, counties and states far better than federal agents, and these police officers at the state and local level are far better equipped to arrest, detain and deport illegal aliens out of their communities, counties and states than even highly-trained federal agents. We need to turn to our local ad state law enforcement agencies to get this job done for the people of the United States.

Correction

Alas, I am neglecting my studies yet again. Before I delve any farther into this discussion, I must ask Judy to correct her assertion on Constitutional Law.

You wrote:

Of course it's possible to deport 20 million illegal aliens. It's not only possible, it's actually required by the US Constitution.

"Article 1

"Section 9. The migration or importation of such persons as any of the states now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each person."

It seems you are not aware of what Article 1, Section 9 is. It is regarding the regulation of slaves, not the regulation of immigration.

Please acknowledge your error and point to the actual clause that has to do with immigration. Also, I am a third-year law student, not a first year.

No Bueno, are you a law student? If so, you should correct errors in law.

Why are we concerned with protecting Illegal Alien criminals,(illegally here).From other criminals feeding off them!
    When it comes to deportation, start small a little town in Maine, seal it up and arrest and deport. Than move west, the illegals will get the message, and leave.
    IF WE AMERICANS HAD THE POWER,WHAT A NATION WE COULD HAVE AGAIN! LIKE THE 40s,50s,60s.

Troll?

Malena called me an open-borders/pro-amnesty troll. Yet, the only certain thing that can be discerned from what I have heretofore said is that I think deporting ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS is not practicable.

I think Judy and NoBueno will attest to that. What is the definition of a troll, anyway?

Re: Troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Lstudent
    Malena called me an open-borders/pro-amnesty troll. Yet, the only certain thing that can be discerned from what I have heretofore said is that I think deporting ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS is not practicable.

I think Judy and NoBueno will attest to that. What is the definition of a troll, anyway?
    Well then, I stand corrected. At the very least you are uninformed. President Dwight D. Eisenhower did just that in 1954. God bless him.

Not only can it be done, but for the survival of our nation, it must be done.
    <div>
    </div>

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast