Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EUROPE; Germany and France stress ethnic integration

ROUNDUP: Germany and France stress ethnic integration
    Eds: epa photos including 0401171151 available

Berlin (dpa) - France and Germany held a top-level meeting in Berlin on Monday to discuss immigration, an issue which some Europeans claim is an ethnic timebomb and one on which Paris and Berlin wish to speak with one voice.

The joint cabinet meeting, chaired by Chancellor Angela Merkel and President Nicolas Sarkozy, was the latest in a series of such events that have taken place roughly twice a year since 2003.

Beforehand, Merkel and Sarkozy visited a Berlin school with a large number of non-German children on the roll.

The students, all speaking perfect German, told the two leaders that the key was for the host country to be more accepting of the influx of new people, but Merkel warned that she did not want "parallel" ethnic worlds among immigrants in Germany.

Sarkozy was blunter, saying, "You must fight to achieve. You can't expect to just press a button and say, Give me a job, train me."

In the cabinet talks, the two nations agreed to cooperate more closely on managing controlled immigration and keeping out illegal immigrants. Their foreign, interior and justice ministers were assigned to draft joint answers to the issues, Merkel said.

France and Germany would then speak with a common voice on the topic to the rest of the European Union, she said.

Before the meeting, the foreign ministers had recorded a rhythm 'n' blues number on a German-Turkish label in support of integration.

Eight young Turks sang the verses of "Deutschland" and the ministers joined in a chorus with the words, "Germany, why are you so aloof? Germany, be more upfront."

French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner boasted later, "I didn't sing too badly for a minister." But Germany's Frank-Walter Steinmeier was more modest, saying, "We're not here to learn to sing but to show we can benefit from cultural richness."

The two national leaders also called for tougher sanctions against Iran if Tehran does not fall in line with international nuclear checks, with Sarkozy saying Paris and Berlin were "on the same wavelength" on the issue.

http://www.eux.tv/article.aspx?articleId=17555

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    If any of you have been to Gemany or France and have seen what I have seen (Social Break Down) because of the EU policies; you would know how bad it is going to be here... (heaven help us)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Translation: all Europeans should accept islamic sharia law. Isn't France about overdue for another French Revolution? Maybe an anti-islamic revolution?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    If any of you have been to Gemany or France and have seen what I have seen (Social Break Down) because of the EU policies; you would know how bad it is going to be here... (heaven help us)
    I know France has it bad, but Germany is in a better place where Illegal Immmigration is concerned. After France's bout of civil unrest (read Islamic Riot), they're taking a cue from Germany.

Germany has been effective in keeping Illegal Immigration to a minimum. They are by no means perfect and some do get thru, but the Illegal Immigration population is somewhere around 1 million. I don't want to get into all the things they do, but they do all the things we wish our own govt would do here. Look it up because it's great to see a country that gets it.

France has some of the most liberal immigration and illegal immigration policies which has finally come to bite them in the ass. They're in fear of becoming Italy and are looking to work with a country that has been far more effective than they have.

Italy went down the dead end road of granting Amnesty to it's Illegal Immigrant population as a means to solve the problem. They did this four seperate times. Each time it only encouraged more Illegal Immigration and in greater numbers than each prior. Italy is now a footstool higher than a third world country, and is circling the drain.

Re: EUROPE; Germany and France stress ethnic integration

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Beforehand, Merkel and Sarkozy visited a Berlin school with a large number of non-German children on the roll.
    Comedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Before the meeting, the foreign ministers had recorded a rhythm 'n' blues number on a German-Turkish label in support of integration.
    Eight young Turks sang the verses of "Deutschland" and the ministers joined in a chorus with the words, "Germany, why are you so aloof? Germany, be more upfront."
    The singer who sang with both ministers is in direct connection with so-called Turkish "grey-wolves". The simples way to describe this organization to American readers is to call them hardcore Turkish Nazis.

=