Like Tree7Likes

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: RSC Chair Bill Flores Says Border Security Should Be A Top Priority In 201

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EXCLUSIVE: RSC Chair Bill Flores Says Border Security Should Be A Top Priority In 201

EXCLUSIVE: RSC Chair Bill Flores Says Border Security Should Be A Top Priority In 2017

7:03 PM 12/15/2016

Securing the border was one of President-elect Donald Trump’s top campaign platforms, and outgoing Republican Study Committee Chairman Bill Flores is ready to make that goal a reality.

While the Republican Party has an ambitious agenda laid out for 2017, Flores said there are four policy areas he hopes they can tackle early on — repealing and replacing Obamacare, tax reform, fixing the regulatory environment and restoring the country’s national security. Flores said he’s excited to get things moving in Washington, especially after hearing Vice President-elect Mike Pence lay out the administration’s priorities in a speech last week, adding he’s confident
    Trump’s selection to head the Department of Homeland Security, former Marine Corps Gen. John Kelly, is more than qualified for the position.

“What I’d like to see, first of all, is the commitment, and Donald Trump has been absolutely clear that we are going to have a renewed sense of border security,” he told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “And if you look at his cabinet appointees, we’ve got a former general that’s going to run Homeland Security, so that’s good.”

Trump has been vocal about his plans to construct a wall along on the southern border, which has been met with some pushback from proponents of taking a more lax immigration approach. But Flores said once the commitment is made, Republicans envision a defense system along the border strong enough to keep bad actors, such as drug cartels and terrorist, out.

“We need a commitment, number one, and the other pieces will come together as we move forward — in some areas we are going to have a wall, in other areas where it’s less feasible to have a wall, then you’ll have a virtual wall that consists of airborne observation resources, censors, boots on the ground everywhere — whether there’s a physical wall or a virtual wall — then you’ll need to have intelligence assets to control the border,” he said. “So, that’s what I see, a holistic approach to border security.”

A number of top GOP lawmakers — including House Speaker Paul Ryan, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Florida Rep. Dennis Ross, who sits on Trump’s transition team — have suggested the wall would consist of a combination of both brick-and-mortar components and other surveillance tactics that work with area’s terrain.

Trump made it clear he plans to take a hard line on immigration, reiterating that his administration will not tolerate illegal immigrants crossing over the borders or rising in the country if they have a criminal history.

The U.S.-Mexican border spans roughly 2,000 miles, including a large part of the Rio Grande River.

Set up a border guard system, 40,000 guards, 20 per mile on average, 6 per shift with 2 floaters to cover vacations, sick leave and holidays. $40,000 a year plus 25% benefits for $50,000 a year x 40,000 = $2 billion a year plus $1 billion in basic equipment. Total cost: $3 billion a year untl this nightmare is over. Backed up by Border Patrol and an expanded armed National Park Rangers Border Lands Squad to patrol and protect National Parks from illegal aliens.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What's going to stop the minors and family units from entering? The so-called refugees, which I know they are not. They seem to be the largest group entering the country. So many have entered in the last several years, it will probably take forever, if ever, to repatriate them. I get so frustrated every time I read about the 10's of thousands of them entering each month. I hope Trump can turn this around.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott-in-FL View Post
    What's going to stop the minors and family units from entering? The so-called refugees, which I know they are not. They seem to be the largest group entering the country. So many have entered in the last several years, it will probably take forever, if ever, to repatriate them. I get so frustrated every time I read about the 10's of thousands of them entering each month. I hope Trump can turn this around.
    A 10 to 20 Year Moratorium on All Immigration.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Scott-in-FL View Post
    No reason why he can't.

One thing that would help would be if we stopped those wars in the ME. As long as they are going on, not many are going to be willing to send home the refugees from that area.

All the others who claim to be refugees, just send them home.

Also, stop allowing churches to import these people. I'm convinced our government is paying churches to get them here - then no one is responsible for them. Stop that now.

Another thing, all those unaccompanied 'minors' are not minors. Remember when they said these 'unaccompanied minors' were arriving - some as young as 2 years old.
    Pulls your heartstrings, doesn't it? How does a 2 year old travel across several countries and arrived 'unaccompanied' at our border?

As far as those coming from Mexico - tell Mexico if they allow them into their country/to cross their country, they are Mexico's problem - not ours.

'What comes into Mexico - stays in Mexico"