Where did these two gang banger illegals get an AK47 ? I think they are certainly under 30 and can probably take an ESL class to qualify for Obama's amnesty.
__________________________________________________ _________
Families in Rancho Cordova triple murder tell court of their loss

By Max Ehrenfreund
mehrenfreund@sacbee.com

Published: Saturday, Jun. 23, 2012 - 12:00 am | Page 1B

The two defendants in a drive-by shooting that left three young men dead in Rancho Cordova last year received multiple life sentences in an emotional proceding Friday in Sacramento Superior Court.

Lisa Medina, whose son Robert Corpos was one of the victims, addressed the defendants, her voice shaking: "I hope you enjoy your new living arrangements."
According to evidence presented at the trial, defendant Saul Isidro-Aucencio armed himself with an AK-47 assault rifle after he had been beaten in his apartment on Feb. 13, 2011. He and co-defendant Francisco Delgado left in a car to seek revenge, with Delgado in the driver's seat.

Isidro-Aucencio couldn't find his attackers. Instead, he and Delgado saw Jamir Miller, 15, Richard "Bubba" Ward, 16, and Corpos, 20, riding bicycles on Malaga Way in Rancho Cordova. Isidro-Aucencio opened fire.

Ward was Miller's cousin, and Corpos was Miller's sister's fiancé. None of them had any connection to the earlier assault.

"Because one of you couldn't take getting beat up like a man, you went and got a gun and killed three innocent kids for no reason," Aleshia Wheat, Ward's mother, told the defendants.

Delgado and Isidro-Aucencio were convicted by separate juries on May 31 of three counts of first-degree murder.

Deputy District Attorney Donell Slivka read a statement on behalf of Jaynice Miller, Jamir Miller's sister and Corpos' fiancée. She was in the courtroom with her and Corpos' son, also named Robert, who was about 18 months old when his father was killed.

"For the longest time after Robert, Jamir, and Richard were murdered, my son wouldn't smile for pictures. I could see in my son's face that he was scared and confused," Slivka read.

Throughout the proceeding, Delgado and Isidro-Aucencio wore headphones, and two interpreters translated everything that was said into Spanish. Most of the time, Isidro-Aucencio looked impassively at Judge Helena Gweon, while Delgado looked down at the table in front of him, his brow furrowed.

Neither defendant looked at any of the victims' family as they spoke, nor at the slide shows with photographs of the victims the families had prepared. When Gweon asked them whether they had anything to say to the court, both declined through their interpreters.

They were the only people in the courtroom who appeared unmoved by the families' statements, other than the judge.

"He needs to look at me when I'm talking," said Melissa Jellison, Miller's mother, looking at Delgado. "He's man enough to pull the trigger or drive the car, but he's not man enough to look at me. What kind of man is that?"

Jellison also expressed anger over the defendants' immigrant status. Both are in the country illegally.

Gweon, however, emphasized the two men's involvement in the gang known as Sureños Unidos Trece. "This case has nothing to do with illegal aliens, but it does have something to do with gangs," she said.

According to the prosecution, Isidro-Aucencio and Delgado went in search of violence that Sunday because they felt Isidro-Aucencio had been disrespected by his assailants, members of a rival gang.

The three victims were also affiliated with a rival of the Sureños.

Respect "is a word I've heard a lot during this trial. It seems to me extremely ironic," Gweon said.

"To be involved in a gang, when your future could lead to prison or death, shows the utmost disrespect and disregard for your own life," she continued.

Gweon sentenced Delgado, 21, to three terms of life without parole in state prison.

She sentenced Isidro-Aucencio, 25, to three terms of life without parole, as well as a definite term of 16 years and eight months and an indefinite term of 75 years to life.

In addition, she ordered the men to pay a total of about $40,000 in restitution.
As the judge read the sentences, there were sighs from the families seated behind the defendants. "Yes!" they whispered.

Read more here: Families in Rancho Cordova triple murder tell court of their loss - Sacramento County News - The Sacramento Bee