Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Family Angry Over Killer’s Sentence in Death of Off-Duty Stockton Officer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Family Angry Over Killer’s Sentence in Death of Off-Duty Stockton Officer

POSTED 8:22 PM, DECEMBER 6, 2016, BY ROWENA SHADDOX

This is how California handles an off duty Officer being killed by an illegal in a hit and run.

"My heart is just breaking. It feels like another loss," said his mother, Rhonda Kepler.

"They managed to kill him twice. But this time it was the court system that did it," said Justin's brother, Kyle Kepler.
    Mesa's sentence: eight months in prison and five years probation.
    "Eight months, with his time credits, he's out in three weeks. He'll be home for Christmas most likely," Kyle Kepler said. "Christmas for me is gonna be really hard. My brother loved Christmas. So without him there in the morning ... he's an adult and he's still banging on my door at 6 in the morning to get up and go open gifts."
    Officer Justin Kepler was off duty on his motorcycle when Mesa admitted seeing him coming down the roadway and trying to beat him in the intersection of Highway 120 and Brennen Road.
    But Mesa sideswiped him, causing him to fly off his motorcycle. Mesa left him to die without as much as a phone call to get Justin Kepler help.
    "If I hit a cat, I feel bad for the family of that cat. He did not even care about us. He just wanted to go home to his family. He didn't care about us," said Shelly Kepler, Justin's sister.
    "The only remorse he shows in that is him getting caught," Kyle Kepler said.
    The family feels the justice system failed Justin, but has shown leniency toward his killer, who was offered a lesser sentence by pleading guilty to the charges.
    "He was here illegally. If he hadn't have been here, this wouldn't have happened," his mother said.
    "He has no business driving. He admitted to taking drugs. But no chemical test was done. And then, to top that all off, after all this, the court's not even going to deport him," Kyle Kepler said.
    "By choosing not to deport him, by choosing to give him such an easy sentence, they basically said that it's OK to come to our country illegally, to kill somebody in a horrible way, and you get less than a slap on the wrist for it," Shelly Kepler said.

Calls to the DA's office and immigration for comment were not returned.
    "No one in his final moment, the one time he really needed help, no one stepped up to the plate to help him out. No one had the courage to do the right thing. The police didn't, the DA didn't, and the judge didn't. No one had the courage and the backbone that my brother had on a daily basis," Kyle Kepler said.

http://fox40.com/2016/12/06/family-a...ckton-officer/
    Last edited by Newmexican; 12-09-2016 at 12:17 PM. Reason: enabled link

It's just horrible what is going on, MonterreySherry. I don't think these families that lose their loved ones will ever recover. How could you? That dear man hit, thrown and left to die on the road by an illegal alien who shouldn't have even been in the country to begin with. There is no way to ever reconcile the injustice and then to give him 8 months sentence with time served? It's an insult, a slap in the face a knife in the back. It has to stop. They all have to go.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This goes on all over the country sit in a courtroom for one day and compare what happens to American citizens and what happens to Illegals in this country. You will see with your own eyes.